Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favourite setting powder for under the eyes. Works well with the baking technique or when dusted lightly over the face. It does have a slight yellow tint when applied but if you have tanned/brown skin it can compliment the complexion so well, however I cannot see this working on fair or deep skin tones without it standing out on the skin. Only downfall is the packaging as it can get a little messy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this setting powder. Some setting powders I have tried leave me looking either extremely ashy or like I have a serious cocaine addiction (MUFE, I'm looking at you!), but the yellow in this neutralizes with your skin and doesn't show on flash photography. I use this when I bake on my T-Zone area and it does an amazing job on highlighting and controlling oil. This retails for $20 - 25 in my area, which isn't bad, and it lasts me for quite a long time. I'm very glad I came across this.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

I heard so much about this powder, however after purchasing I realised this powder shouldn't be used on light skin tones, due to the tinted yellow shade. The powder becomes cakey when setting the under eye and doesn't fully cover dark circles when applied over concealer. I mix this proud with the super white shade to get a more natural under eye look, however I wouldn't repurchase this item.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a big tub and will last you a very long time if you can get your hands on it! I love using it to set my concealer

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love setting my foundation with this powder even though people use it for under eyes. It gives me a nice airbrush finish to my skin. I would buy this over and over again. The big bottle lasts a very long time!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard amazing things about this product as a concealer and thought to give it a try....yeah, um no. I used it once and looking in the mirror I looked like I smudged dirt under my eyes! The yellow color did not disguise my dark circles, as promised, it made the discoloration under my eyes WORSE! Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but I'm not impressed at all. Plus, the pricing of this item, in my opinion, is awfully expensive. Luckily, I tried only a small sample and didn't have my money go to waste.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Had a bit of trouble sourcing this product in Melbourne; most online stores were out of stock so had to fork out $32 for the medium size including postage and handling.
The product itself is fantastic at setting under eye concealers. I have normal skin so I didn't have problems with the oiliness factor and I have quite a few deep lines under my eyes because of their shape and I found that the banana powder didn't seep into them and also stopped my concealer from doing the same. Excellent product, happy to finally jump on board. The packaging though, is one of the most awkward things you will ever use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like how yellow this is - if I use it heavily, it's the same colour as my skin (haha!). I use this rarely though. Maybe mostly because of the annoying packaging, but I'd recommend anyone wanting to use this daily to transfer it to some kind of sifter jar, maybe from an old loose powder. My other problem is: this is not as fine as I'd wish. I'm used to reeeeally fine loose powders, like MAC Prep + Prime and Tarte Smooth Operator. Then I try out the Ben Nye powder on my hand, it seems super-fine, but I get a powdery look when I use it to set fluid foundation or concealer.

Great powder if you are on a tight budget, but not for me, as I'm powder-spoilt :P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.