Juvia's Place The Masquerade Palette

The Masquerade Palette

4.8

on 7/9/2018 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

(This is a review for the mini that I wrote, decided to copy/paste it here too since it's applicable because the formulas are the same.)

The best palette I've bought in this price range by FAR, and one of the best palettes I've bought overall.

The colorful two top rows have a formula highly reminiscent of Urban Decay Electric (another one of my faves). The metallics are breathtakingly beautiful! So reflective, so pigmented and vibrant. They last quite well on my eyes even without a glitter glue or tacky primer (normally shimmers crease very quickly on my hooded eyes if I don't use one or the other). The colorful mattes are so pigmented and blend seamlessly.

The bottom two rows of neutrals are also very good. The shimmers are just as good as the colorful ones (albeit not as exciting). The mattes are definitely less pigmented and a couple of the browns look similar to each other, but, they still blend amazingly and are definitely buildable and you can get a good amount of pigment from them if you so desire. I really appreciate the neutrals because I can get a full eye look from this palette alone if necessary.

I would advise everyone to get the mini, it's not "mini" at all. It's still the largest palette in my collection and I don't see myself panning it any time soon. I can only imagine how enormous the original one is.

I feel like one of the only people not completely in love with Juvia's Place. At this point I own around 5 of their palettes, and I keep trying to love them. But I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the masquerade palette. I can get a lot of looks out of it. I just think it was over hyped and that got my expectations too high. I do love the mix of colors and the pigmentation overall.
The cons for me are:
- the shimmery shadows tend to crease on me. I rarely get creasing. The best way I've found to combat this is to set my primer with a skin toned shadow. I don't usually set my primer but it's not too big of a deal to do.
-the matte neutral shades are not true to the pan color. For example, the last color on the right, in the third row called Ada. I wanted that deep warm brown color to translate. But it's so more much more orange and lighter than it looks to be.
At this point, I'm not planning on buying anymore Juvia's Place palettes, but using the ones I already own and giving them more love. Out of their palettes I do own, this would be my most used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOOOOOVE this Palette!!! It’s perfect for people wanting to begin to bring color into their looks. As for me, I’ve always loved color! But I know most people tend to keep it more neutral. This palette has amazing warm tones in their Browns and has a beautiful champagne color as well as a gold color. All he colors are very creamy and pigmented. The only drawback is that it doesn’t have a black! Come on!!! Lol. It’s a beautiful palette nonetheless and very universal!!! I’m NC15 and I wear it very often, but I looooove it on deep skin tones!!! I think it’s definitely worth the price. Also, get the normal sized one!! My ex (yes, it was a gift from him... lol) accidentally got the jumbo one which I do love but I think you’d be more than okay with the normal size.

on 1/3/2018 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This palette is perfect for my neutral girls who love a little color. I have the large palette and the value is amazing for the amount of product that you get. The mattes are really smooth and pigmented. They also build up really nice. The shimmers in this palette are definitely the standout! They are crazy pigmented with one swipe and blend well wth the mattes in this palette. The only downside of this palette is that there is no super dark shade or a matte black! Overall, if you're feeling the color scheme, then don't hesitate and get this palette.

I have some swatches on my blog here:

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

a very fun palette imo
if you want to buy a fun palette with great quality and good price
i think you can buy this palette

as for formula, i really like Juvia's Place formula
so creamy, opaque, and easy to work with, it even still very pigmented even tho i don't use my primer for the eye

there's mini and big one

POC friendly