essence All About Roses

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

For a fairly cheap palette - this is pretty lovely! It has a few adorable colours that can create a nice look. The matte ones seem to be a little better than the shimmery ones when it comes to blending and some of the colours are a little powdery. They're not as pigmented as high end palettes , but for the price, they're definitely nice and I've seen a lot worse (for more money as well). I do love how pigmented the highlighter (in the upper left corner) is - especially for the price of the product. I use it to highlight the inner corner of my eye, where it pretty much stays all day. So yeah - ok, it is not the best palette you will ever see, obviously, but as far as I've tried - it is one of the best palettes you can get for less than four euros.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this palette.

This is the only make up I took for a 2 week vacation to Japan in the middle of summer, and it got HOT and HUMID, and this was awesome.

A good mix of matte and pearl and glittery. Good range of shades from light to dark. I use it for everything from eyebrows to highlight to eyeliner, and it's amazing. None of them are suuuper pigmented, but it builds and blends easily.

The packaging is very very simple, but sturdy. I've dropped both this and the nude palette a few times, with no breaks.

There's no scent to it at all. Here in NZ it's about $8 from Farmers.

Update! I'm amending this to say that the mix of finishes is not good. It's only got TWO matte shades, out of 8!!

on 11/3/2017 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this palette was a disappointing purchase for me, and yet, some of the shades i love so much i would be lying if i said i wasn't considering repurchasing once i run out.

the shimmery white shade has good pigmentation. the shimmery pink is very gently pigmented and barely shows up on the eyes; it's better as a face highlight for very fair skin imo. the shimmery purple is terrible and needs a glitter base to keep the shimmer particles from falling onto your face throughout the day. the two dark shimmery browns are not colors i typically use, so i cant speak to their quality. in general the shimmer shades have a texture similar to wnw's eyeshadow in "nutty," but with much poorer pigmentation.

the mattes have a much better formulation - the matte cream is a great color for setting/brightening your eyelids, the matte brown works well in my brows, and the matte mauve is my favorite. it's a great crease shade for me, very cool toned without pulling straight-up gray.

i prefer very soft natural makeup, so someone who likes deeper shades to add depth to their looks might get more mileage out of this palette than i have. i might buy this palette again if i struggle to find a replacement for that shade. if i could find something else that works just as well, i'd pass on repurchasing.