Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer

3.8

on 11/8/2018 8:02:00 AM

I really like this primer, i am trying to avoid silicone primers as i am concerned that they make trigger spots in my skin

Which is hard as most primers are silicone based.
This comes out like a light pink cream almost.
Its not drying or tacky but still mattifies and blurs.
It doesnt feel heavy which i like, and it definitely manages to stop me getting shiny in the usual places.

If you are oily, i highly recommend this as it really fights any shine on your face. I do feel like pores are minimised too but not as much as i wish they would be. I think this primer makes the texture of your skin a lot more smoother and matte.

Works with all of my foundations and i have been using this on a daily basis, and it’s definitely my go to. I do think its a bit too pricey. I think primers in general are over priced.

I am not sure if it adds much longevity to my make up. But i really have been prefering to this other popular primes such as Porefessional from Benefit and Smashbox

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this primer so much, I truly did. The whole idea of Fenty beauty seems so cute and sleek and right up my alley, I liked their eyeliner, plus all of these phenomenal reviews, I was so excited. My skin is sensitive, combo to oily so I`m in need of something blurring. Was this the first ever blurring primer product to actually work?HELL TO THE NO. In fact, this is the only primer that not only did the opposite of what it was supposed to do, but also broke me out the most out of any face product I`ve ever owned, seriously. I`m talking huge, red under the skin, painful pimples that needed a month to heal, with acne creams, tea tree oils and masks included. And still I tried using it for a month. This product is a nightmare and actually put me off of any Fenty beauty face product for good. I might try their highlighters although they are glittery from what I could see and that doesn`t get me excited. Such a letdown, even Wet n Wild primers are better than this.
Pros:
- The nice, nostalgic smell
-The packaging
Cons:
-Doesn`t blur at all
- Worst breakout I`ve ever had, EVER
- The price

on 10/20/2018 7:09:00 PM

This primer is my absolute go to!!! Fenty Beauty is one of my favorite brands to begin with, but this primer is THE best that has ever touched my face. It does fill pores, it leaves your face with a velvet touch, and it makes the foundation very easy to apply. I found that it makes my makeup last longer, and over all makes it a lot better. It is very compatible with all of my foundations, and other products. I did not find any patchy or streaky spots while using this product. If you’re also someone that doesn’t really like to wear makeup then you can use this as well. Like I said, it does blur the look of pores and blemishes so you can wear this just by itself and no one would even know that you had anything on your skin, as it leaves your skin looking very natural. For $32 you get 1,08oz of product, and it is worth every single penny!! You will definitely fall in love with this and leave your old primer in the drawer to collect dust.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this primer! At first when it came out I thought everything was hyped up because Rihanna finally came out with a makeup line and didn't purchase it right away. I recently got a trial size of this primer from Sephora and I will definitely purchase a full size when it's done! I have oily/acne prone skin and finding a primer has been very difficult. I've tried many primers (drugstore and high-end) and haven't had much luck with any controlling my oily skin. In fact, most primers I've tried made my skin look oilier than normal especially during the hot summer months. The Fenty primer comes with a pump which is a plus! It dispenses just the amount you need, you do not need any more than one pump. It is scented but not overbearing and it doesn't linger. At first I was hesitant because primer itself feels very moisturizing but once it's on the skin, it sets very quickly so you can put foundation on right after. I've tried this primer with a variety of foundations (including the Fenty foundation) and it definitely controls my oils and ensures everything stays in place for the entire day with little to no touch ups. I typically reach for this primer for special events or even work when I have a long day. The only con for me is the frosted container. I've had this issue with other products in frosted containers where it's a bit difficult to see how much product is left especially when it's close to being empty.

on 10/17/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite primer of all time. I typically don’t believe in primers as they have done nothing for me in the past. I use this with the fenty foundation. It goes on seamlessly with this primer underneath and doesn’t cake. I can tell a big difference from applying it without the primer vs with the primer. It also smells lovely - slightly sweet. It’s not drying on my skin and provides the perfect surface for the fenty foundation.

on 10/13/2018 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Its very light on your face. You won't feel you have it on. It has a nice sweet smell but not strong at all. The packaging is perfect. You get the right amount of product on one pump. It very moisturizing and most of all, helps my make up stay on for the whole day!

on 8/26/2018 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE this primer! It’s the best I’ve used for my oily skin!

on 8/10/2018 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have normal-dehydrated skin and normally don’t like mattifying primers because they feel like silicone layers over the my. I do have to moisturize before applying anything on top of my skin, but this primer doesn’t feel drying or look flat. It applies and smells like a vanilla lotion, and it leaves my skin smooth. Skin tints normally apply streakily when I use mattifying printers underneath, but this helps them to balance out the dew without the streakiness. Until I find a better mattifying primer, this is my favorite of them all b/c I can wear it with both matte and dewier foundations.

on 7/26/2018 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For years I have been searching for a primer that would keep my extremely oily skin at bay. I have finally found it. And the best part is it works with all my foundations. This helped my makeup stay matte on a 90 degree muggy day while also sitting in a 102 degree sauna. This is my holy grail primer! The search is over.

Used this with the foundation but rating in on how I used it today. Put it on after skin care spf etc left it for about 10 mins then buffed in a light powder foundation (in the new becca palette) urgh so oily 5 hours later. I want a good primer that's oil control yet semi matte as like a little glow with NO spf...?????