CLARINS Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream

CLARINS Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Silky Cream

3.4

on 8/11/2018 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good, basic, fine-quality hydrating cream. It does not promise to repair or add firmness (which rarely works anyway), nor does it alter the skin in any way except to hydrate it; and it does a great job of that! I have combination skin that tends toward dryness especially in winter, of course. It is enough to make a difference in my skin without going overboard with oiliness or a heavy feeling. It is lightweight and is absorbed quickly. The scent is delightful and fades away soon after applying. It also has anti-pollutant properties.

I use it in spring and summertime; when I do not need quite as much hydration as in the winter months. It has served me well for years, and I will continue to purchase it in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this as I really enjoy using the serum from the hydra essentiel range. Unfortunately I didn't like this at all - it didn't feel very hydrating (compared to my usual gel moisturiser) and was very, very sticky. My face felt really horrible, sticky and tacky even after waiting a long time for it to sink in. I guess it is for normal to dry skin & mine is combination, but I would have still expected it to be more hydrating than it was

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I’ve been using this for about a year and a half...since it arrived on the market in late 2016. I like it, but I don’t love it. I’ve used everything from Le Mer to SK-II. I like this much better than those brands/products, and I keep purchasing this, because I like it and it makes my skin look amazing. My skin glows. The only reason I do not give this 5 stars is because we all know there is always something better out there. The truth is I always come back to Clarins products. What I hate about this product is it really should come in tube. It’s not thick, and it really doesn’t need to be in a jar. I would give it 5 stars if they packaged it in a tube. A jar is incredibly unnecessary and unhygienic. I think the price of $48 is fair, because I’ve paid much, much more for junk. I really wish cosmetics companies would stop with the jars of moisturizers, especially when a tube is perfectly fine. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. It really is a good, solid product, and a little goes a long way. 1.7 ounces lasts 6-7 months. I have combination normal/dry skin, so if you have dry skin, this may be fine as a day cream, but if you really are on the dry skin side, this will NOT be enough.

on 4/14/2018 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I seem to always find my way to the Clarins counter, whether at Nordstroms, Sephora or at the corner drug store which carries high end beauty products and every retail store in between incl duty free shops. I truly enjoy Clarins skin care products, for the most part, has served my skincare regimen very well. This cream is of no exception. I love the consistency of this cream, it’s fluffy thick whipped texture, has a lovely silky feel, absorbs quickly into my skin, no greasy feel and is exceptional at leaving my skin well moisturized and plump! No breakouts or skin irritations noted. Makeup application plays well with this cream. It served me well during this harsh cold winter. As for the scent, I really like it’s clean scent, certainly a personal preferrence. Clarins is notorious for having perfumed scents in their products as a whole. I will con’t to purchase this lovely day cream.

on 10/27/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a deluxe sample and only used it once. It was too highly perfumed for a facial moisturizer listed as being suitable for sensitive skin. It was my fault for not checking to ensure that it was fragrance free. I can't comment on product effectiveness as the scent was too cloying and stubborn. I had to wash off the product as it was inducing a headache.