Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick (All Colours)

Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick (All Colours)
Rouge Velvet The Lipstick (All Colours)

3.8

on 4/26/2018 6:34:00 AM

I got the shade 02, because it looked like a lighter pink on my hand at the store, but on my lips it is exactly the color I didn't want it to be - a dark pink that is just not flattering.

Also, the scent sucks, as mentioned below. Plasticky? I don't know how to describe it, but I'd rather have a scented lipstick than one that is "unscented" but smells like chemicals.

It dries matte quickly, but I find it doesn't adhere well in the interior of my lips.

The idea of it is great, but the product itself leaves lots to be desired.

I will try using it as a stain (aka apply, blot, apply nicely scented clear gloss on top), we'll see how it fares that way...

I have the coral colour 06 and the shade is perfect! It goes on like a thin gloss then dries matte and I'm not a huge fan of the finish it gives but it's not too bad. What I really don't like is the smell. Can't put my finger on what it is but it's pretty gross. That said, the colour's suits me so much I will definitely buy another when it runs out!

on 10/27/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The latest addition to the Bourjois Rouge Velvet collection, this is a liquid lipstick in a bullet. The colour selection is good, there are quite a few colours that interest me, but for now I have 5 Brique-à-brac (a warm dark pink) and 12 Brunette (brown red) and I love them both! Consistency is a bit lighter and 'wetter' than a regular lipstick but as it is in a bullet it is not liquid either. The teardrop shape makes application fairly easy, the colour is full on, opaque and it dries pretty quick. The result is a very opaque and matte lip colour which stays put for a good few hours. It's not very drying, it feels pretty lightweight, but it is not very comfortable either. And I do find that it can't handle (traces of) lip balm, it will just not adhere. The cons are the smell, there is an odd whiff of something when applying them, and that you can't re-apply them after they start wearing of. You really have to take it off and start again, as it will crumble otherwise.

on 5/26/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I grabbed one from Priceline when the brad was on promotion and after having tried it a few times I went back and got more in other colours! Definitely my new HG. Budget and great quality.

It has nice velvety texture and a matte finish and it lasts very well without being drying on the lips. This is the only drugstore brand I have come across so far that that lock in moisture and lock on pigment at the same time. I find that the lipstick moves around on your lips a bit right after the application and you just need to wait for like 30 seconds for it to set properly. It can last all day if you eat carefully and don't wipe your lips.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. It smells a bit weird. But at least not annoyingly chemical or perfumy.