China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

on 2/2/2016 10:55:00 AM

Mediocre color and formula with this one. China Glaze's Awakening is a medium rosy pink that's loaded with tons of gold microshimmer. Looked promising in the bottle.

But on the nail, the shade looks boring and generic in an 80s-frost kind of way. And the subpar formula (streaky, gummy) makes the end results look cheap

Not something I would buy again.

on 12/7/2012 9:18:00 PM

An absolutely lovely rosey copper plummy gold shimmer. It's gorgeous - and not so warm that those who love cooler tones can't wear it. Great autumn shade. Very similar to an older (few years) OPI shade called 'I'd like to thank..'

Many of the China Glaze frosts are very sheer, and may take 3 coats before you are satisfied - but this one is more opaque, 2 coats is plenty. Luckily I can determine this before I buy, as my local beauty supply allows you to test polishes on paper. I find that if I use Sally Hansen Maximum Growth as a base coat, I can get up to a week with no chips with China Glaze - and that is without wearing gloves every time I wash dishes.

Definitely going to get a backup of this color!

on 6/23/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A nice enough color. It is a goldish plum. I am taking a break from my usual blue manicures, so this is fine.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

The color been described adequately enough but the finish compared to what's in the bottle are different. I was expecting a darker finish and this one was way lighter it looked 80's frosty on me. I also had to use quiet a few coats as the color is not saturated and it took forever to dry, even with seche vite.

on 2/24/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

China Glaze Awakening is a shimmery dusty rose/mauve with a heavy gold flash. The gold duochrome in this one gives it almost a metallic finish. It also blends with the plum undertones of the base color making it dusty/bordering on muddy. This color was almost a coppery rose on my pale complexion with yellow undertones. While I don't absolutely hate it, I certainly don't love it because of the dustiness and metallic finish. (If this color were just the base with no gold in it, I'd love it!) The application was very good with total opacity at only two coats. The formula was thin but not runny and went exactly where I wanted it to. Wear time was also very good at four days with no chips and Seche Vite as my top coat. All in all, this is not a bad color, just one that I will not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm glad I found this in a bin of reduced priced nail polishes. It's a purple-y gold jumble of colours. This duochrome effect is so beautiful, and definitely the opposite of boring. I like the mix of colours. I think if I were to choose a name for it, I'd call it "Golden Plum." The way it looks when the sun hits it is wonderful. It's like a unique sunset. A coat or two is sufficient. I wore it for a week straight on my toes and had absolutely 0 chippage. China Glaze is superb. : )

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite China Glaze polishes. At one point this is all I would ever put. It is very beautiful especially with the duochrome effect, never boring.

Awakening is a gorgeous fall color. It's got a lovely formula, goes on like butter. Opaque in 2 coats. A nice duochrome, it's got rosy purple, a bit of a dusty rose, and gold. The finish is kind of pearly in a way, but not really shimmering.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love the colour! Translates well from bottle to nail. Took me 3 coats to get it perfect but that wasn't an issue since it dried quite quickly.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was searching for a new polish when this caught my eye. I've never seen a color like this and it's stunning in person! Awakening is a midtone purple with a strong, golden shimmer duochrome. On my nails, the base is more of a dusty rose. It almost reminds me of rose pigment from MAC. Surprisingly, the duochrome transfers perfectly when applied to the nails. The formula was also flawless and easy to use. Will definitely repurchase again.

Popular Polishes