China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

on 11/28/2012 12:37:00 PM

Love this color for Fall it's a beautiful mauvey gold duo and I love it. It looks beautiful on my nails for the season. I put on 2 coats with the China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat which I am now almost done with and it still works beautiful. These are great nail polishes because 2 coats cover beautifully no streaking as I added pics because I really love how it looks on my hands they don't look old lol.

I also like the packaging the handle is easy to use and the brush doesn't apply too much or little color it is just right.

I'm only 33 but certain colors can make your hands look not so pretty but this color works well with my super pale pink toned skin. It makes for a beautiful manicure and eventually I am going to try the Gold Crackle over it to see how that works out. All in all a great polish and color for Fall. I really love it and it goes on beautifully and lasts a while before it chips but granted you should use a top coat in my opinion because it just makes the color look fresher. Highly recommended my sister loves it too so I know who will be borrowing it. So it's a definite goodie:)

on 7/31/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Awakening is a beautiful warm pink/gold polish with a slight frost but no glitter. It goes on easily and does not show brush strokes too badly (often a problem with frosts). It took me three coats to reach opacity but each coat dried very quickly so that wasn't a problem. I love how this looks dark pink in some lights and almost bronze in others. It's very pretty and subtle without being boring.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I almost swapped this color away after seeing it in the bottle. It looked almost brownish purple and I thought it would be way too warm toned for my skin. Thankfully, I saw the pics above and decided to give it a chance. The pics are true to the color - it goes on the nail a rose gold duochrome (I'm a sucker for anything duochrome) which flashes purple every once and awhile. The color is neutral enough that it would work with many skin tones. In a word, Awakening is gorgeous. I have had a problem with China Glaze formulas in the past, but this one went on evenly and provided enough coverage with one coat. I am not usually into pinks at all, but I love this color.

on 11/22/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is exactly what I have been looking for...purple-y with tons of gold shimmer. A chameleon really. Looks gentle and harmless in some lights, then wowza in others! I love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is a medium pink/rose with a slightly plum undertone and lots of gold shimmer. It would be a nice autumn/winter pink as it is more vivid than your standard milky/barely there shimmery pale pink. But also it would work for spring and summer if you are looking to add a "bit" of a deeper shade to your "warm weather" nail polish arsenal and have a hard time succumbing to those "barely there" colors. This would coordinate well with Trax Eyeshadow, Lancome's Vinage Rose Lipstick, Urban Decay's 1999 Eye Pencil and so on as this has both rose-pink and plum-mauve tones with gold shimmer and would complement these colors in any combination.

on 5/2/2009 2:48:00 PM

This is a perfect Autumn color. Its fuscha-y with gold chrome in light.. it looks a lot darker inside then it looks in natural sunlight but it is GORGEOUS in sunlight!! The pictures I have were taken outside and had 2 coats of Awakening polish and one coat o top coat.

Click Continue for pictures..

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awakening is gorgeous... This is MAC Rose Pigment in nail polish form - a medium rose illuminated by a copper/golden metallic sheen. In one word: stunning. As with all of their polishes, I get great wear with this China Glaze - two coats is all it takes to achieve bottle intensity... The formula applies like a dream and dries to a high-shine finish - with my favorite topcoat the finish resembles glass. Against my olive skin, my nails seem to glow. I cannot say enough good things about this polish, I imagine it looking perfect against all skintones. Do check this out, especially if you adore MAC Rose Pigment. Perfection! continued >>

on 12/4/2005 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll have to concurr with the previous reviewers. The quality of this nail polish is outstanding It applies so evenly and smoothly, as do most of the polishes from this brand. Don't know if it's the brush, the formula, or some mixture of the two.

The color is just stunning. I think that it looks a bit differently on folks with different coloring. On me it's an orchid color with glowing gold shimmer wich looks differently depending on light refraction. This polish can go from peach, to pink, to purple at the tilt of the hand.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Popular Polishes