China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.4

on 1/5/2003 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

China Glaze is a terrific nail polish brand!! Their colors are awesome and they go on SO SO SMOOTHLY and so easily!!Their bottles are very well designed and comfortable to handle.They last quite long on nails and don't chip off easily.Also, for such a great quality, their prices are very interesting!!A very good quality nail polish for a very reasonable price!Great deal!!!!
This color in particular-Awakening- is SUPER UNIQUE!!I've never seen anything like this before!!! (and I'm a nail polish junkie...and yet this is the only one with this color!).If you look at it from the outside, when it's still in the bottle, it looks like sort of a shimmery/pearled dark orange/brown, but then if you look closer you can spot reddish/pinkish accents!When you put it on your nails, it looks incredible! Sometimes it'll look like golden copper and then it'll look like a shimmery orange with dark tones...I'm having difficulties trying to describe it, that's how unique and beautiful this color is!!!
Look for it and you'll want to have it right away!!!!The color's # is: 2203

This was my very first China Glaze purchase, and I'm not disappointed! First of all, I really like the consistency of this polish - it's not too thick, not too thin. Application is smooth and even, with no streaking. As for pigmentation of this particular color, I'd say it's quite good. I could have gotten away with just one coat, honestly, but I applied two coats mostly out of habit, I think. Although the second coat does intensify the color a bit.

As for the actual color of this polish, that's a little difficult to describe. It really depends on the lighting you're in at any given moment. In the bottle, it looks sort of purple-ish with some gold and amber tones to it, and tiny golden micro-glitters. In certain lighting conditions, you can detect flashes of pink and lilac...in other lighting conditions you get more gold and amber. I'm super impressed with China Glaze Awakening - it's unlike any other polish I own, or have seen for that matter. This one is a definite repurchase, as long as it's still available. continued >>

on 10/24/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently expanded my polish collection by adding about 15 China Glaze shades and I'm slowly getting through them. The polish goes on wonderfully smooth, no streaks or globs. This color is gorgeous and super unique. I have on two coats and its a golden rose with purple undertone. If you like out of the ordinary colors, you MUST have this one! It would look great year 'round too.

on 12/4/2005 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll have to concurr with the previous reviewers. The quality of this nail polish is outstanding It applies so evenly and smoothly, as do most of the polishes from this brand. Don't know if it's the brush, the formula, or some mixture of the two.

The color is just stunning. I think that it looks a bit differently on folks with different coloring. On me it's an orchid color with glowing gold shimmer wich looks differently depending on light refraction. This polish can go from peach, to pink, to purple at the tilt of the hand.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

on 2/9/2006 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING. It's a plummy-fuschia-orchid base color with a bright gold sheen. Formulation is nice too -- smooth, no lumps or bubbles.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awakening is gorgeous... This is MAC Rose Pigment in nail polish form - a medium rose illuminated by a copper/golden metallic sheen. In one word: stunning. As with all of their polishes, I get great wear with this China Glaze - two coats is all it takes to achieve bottle intensity... The formula applies like a dream and dries to a high-shine finish - with my favorite topcoat the finish resembles glass. Against my olive skin, my nails seem to glow. I cannot say enough good things about this polish, I imagine it looking perfect against all skintones. Do check this out, especially if you adore MAC Rose Pigment. Perfection! continued >>

on 12/27/2006 7:09:00 PM

I am absolutely delighted with this polish. So beautiful & unique. Almost mauve or rose with a gold flash. It applied well, very smoothly, no streaking issues. However with all China Glaze that I have used, dry time is extremely sloooow. That leads to dents & dings. But, the color is so unique & one of the few "gold" polishes that I can wear with my skin tone that I would not hesitate to buy it. (RIS from another sweet mua member).

This is one heck of a unique polish! It's a rose/lilac/gold multi-chrome that changes colors in mesmerizing ways when you tilt your hand in the sunlight. On me, it looks rose/gold most of the time, with the lilac appearing only at certain angles. This should come with a warning: be careful wearing Awakening while driving. You won't want to take your eyes off your nails! If you want a polish color like no other, add Awakening to your collection. I don't know if I'll rebuy this again (I''m extremely fickle, even with lovely colors like this one), but I'll enjoy using my bottle while it lasts.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, but hard-to-describe color. I would say a rose base with gold shimmer, that changes to gold, a darker rose, and every once in a while lavender/lilac. Application is excellent, no streakiness to mention and true to bottle in 2 coats.

An unusal colour - the base seems like a mid-tone pink\plum which seems to change its intensity in various lights, with a gold duo chrome finish.

Applied smoothly and gave good coverage with 2 coats.

Looks good against a PPP skintone.

Will purchase this one, ( tried DDs bottle & she isn't interested in swapping lol:)

Popular Polishes