China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

3.3

on 2/24/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

China Glaze Awakening is a shimmery dusty rose/mauve with a heavy gold flash. The gold duochrome in this one gives it almost a metallic finish. It also blends with the plum undertones of the base color making it dusty/bordering on muddy. This color was almost a coppery rose on my pale complexion with yellow undertones. While I don't absolutely hate it, I certainly don't love it because of the dustiness and metallic finish. (If this color were just the base with no gold in it, I'd love it!) The application was very good with total opacity at only two coats. The formula was thin but not runny and went exactly where I wanted it to. Wear time was also very good at four days with no chips and Seche Vite as my top coat. All in all, this is not a bad color, just one that I will not buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

China Glaze's Awakening is a shimmery medium plum polish with a heavy gold flash/duochrome effect. While this makes for a stunning color in the bottle, on my pale skin with slight yellow undertones it turned a rather rose-gold color instead of plum. My guess is that on cool-toned people it's more plum than rose. The application was perfectly smooth and the drying time very fast at five minutes between coats. It was totally opaque in three coats. However, while this polish is pretty, the gold flash makes it too warm for my skin; therefore, I will not be buying this one again.

on 11/22/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is exactly what I have been looking for...purple-y with tons of gold shimmer. A chameleon really. Looks gentle and harmless in some lights, then wowza in others! I love it.

Popular Polishes