China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by age: 30-35
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.7

on 11/12/2014 9:12:00 AM

I have very white, pinkish skin, so most pinks look terrible on me. I picked this colour at a sale, hoping that it would look good on me, and to my surprise it does. Does it ever! It's my favourite pink now, no question. :)

Application was a dream. It's a 2-coater like most of the polishes, the formula just perfect.

It is a bit lighter than in the bottle, but most polishes are.

on 11/28/2012 12:37:00 PM

Love this color for Fall it's a beautiful mauvey gold duo and I love it. It looks beautiful on my nails for the season. I put on 2 coats with the China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat which I am now almost done with and it still works beautiful. These are great nail polishes because 2 coats cover beautifully no streaking as I added pics because I really love how it looks on my hands they don't look old lol.

I also like the packaging the handle is easy to use and the brush doesn't apply too much or little color it is just right.

I'm only 33 but certain colors can make your hands look not so pretty but this color works well with my super pale pink toned skin. It makes for a beautiful manicure and eventually I am going to try the Gold Crackle over it to see how that works out. All in all a great polish and color for Fall. I really love it and it goes on beautifully and lasts a while before it chips but granted you should use a top coat in my opinion because it just makes the color look fresher. Highly recommended my sister loves it too so I know who will be borrowing it. So it's a definite goodie:)

on 6/23/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A nice enough color. It is a goldish plum. I am taking a break from my usual blue manicures, so this is fine.

on 3/29/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a truly unique color! Very beautiful! I have had this in my stash for a while and for some reason I kept overlooking it..but finally decided to try it tonight and it is so nice on my nails! Idk why but it reminds me of Mac's expensive pink eyeshadow..love it! Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I almost swapped this color away after seeing it in the bottle. It looked almost brownish purple and I thought it would be way too warm toned for my skin. Thankfully, I saw the pics above and decided to give it a chance. The pics are true to the color - it goes on the nail a rose gold duochrome (I'm a sucker for anything duochrome) which flashes purple every once and awhile. The color is neutral enough that it would work with many skin tones. In a word, Awakening is gorgeous. I have had a problem with China Glaze formulas in the past, but this one went on evenly and provided enough coverage with one coat. I am not usually into pinks at all, but I love this color.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, but hard-to-describe color. I would say a rose base with gold shimmer, that changes to gold, a darker rose, and every once in a while lavender/lilac. Application is excellent, no streakiness to mention and true to bottle in 2 coats.

on 12/4/2005 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll have to concurr with the previous reviewers. The quality of this nail polish is outstanding It applies so evenly and smoothly, as do most of the polishes from this brand. Don't know if it's the brush, the formula, or some mixture of the two.

The color is just stunning. I think that it looks a bit differently on folks with different coloring. On me it's an orchid color with glowing gold shimmer wich looks differently depending on light refraction. This polish can go from peach, to pink, to purple at the tilt of the hand.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Popular Polishes