China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

The color been described adequately enough but the finish compared to what's in the bottle are different. I was expecting a darker finish and this one was way lighter it looked 80's frosty on me. I also had to use quiet a few coats as the color is not saturated and it took forever to dry, even with seche vite.

One of my favorite polish shades. A dusty rose crossed with a pale copper that looks good in any season, and every time I wear it I receive compliments. It's a nice shimmer finish, almost frost but not quite. There's enough copper in it to make it nearly a duochrome, and definitely worth having in your collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love the colour! Translates well from bottle to nail. Took me 3 coats to get it perfect but that wasn't an issue since it dried quite quickly.

on 6/30/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not sure I like this, it reminds me of an old maybelline polish I had from their "mirror" line. I never wore than one much either. It chips pretty quick on me as well. I think I'll only end up using this once or twice a year at best. It's not a horrible shade it's just not for me. Won't repurchase.

on 9/15/2009 1:16:00 AM

What a lovely strange gorgeous color. It looks perfect on my warm skin tone, no streaks and it lasts a long time too. I can't stop admiring my nails.

looks like a sunset. absolutely gorgeous. my favorite polish right now.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awakening is gorgeous... This is MAC Rose Pigment in nail polish form - a medium rose illuminated by a copper/golden metallic sheen. In one word: stunning. As with all of their polishes, I get great wear with this China Glaze - two coats is all it takes to achieve bottle intensity... The formula applies like a dream and dries to a high-shine finish - with my favorite topcoat the finish resembles glass. Against my olive skin, my nails seem to glow. I cannot say enough good things about this polish, I imagine it looking perfect against all skintones. Do check this out, especially if you adore MAC Rose Pigment. Perfection! continued >>

This was my very first China Glaze purchase, and I'm not disappointed! First of all, I really like the consistency of this polish - it's not too thick, not too thin. Application is smooth and even, with no streaking. As for pigmentation of this particular color, I'd say it's quite good. I could have gotten away with just one coat, honestly, but I applied two coats mostly out of habit, I think. Although the second coat does intensify the color a bit.

As for the actual color of this polish, that's a little difficult to describe. It really depends on the lighting you're in at any given moment. In the bottle, it looks sort of purple-ish with some gold and amber tones to it, and tiny golden micro-glitters. In certain lighting conditions, you can detect flashes of pink and lilac...in other lighting conditions you get more gold and amber. I'm super impressed with China Glaze Awakening - it's unlike any other polish I own, or have seen for that matter. This one is a definite repurchase, as long as it's still available. continued >>

Popular Polishes