China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by age: 19-24
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Awakening (China Glaze) is part of the brand's core collection, I think- at least from the displays I've seen it seems to be. It is a pretty shifter though it's probably a love it or hate it kind of polish. I can't pin the color down though my camera seems to think that pink, gold, and purple seem to be in the running. I did a wikipedia color search and a mix of rose and mauve seems to be the closest approximate. Sort of. It's not exactly a color that calms down long enough for me to pin it down. With all that, it still manages to be subtle and not at all outrageous for all its depth. Application was simple and straightforward and I was done in two coats. If you like this sort of color, get it!

...LOVE...This nail polish is amazing. It's base color is a plum-ish purple. But when the sun hits it in a certain way, or you turn your nail...it has a gorgeous gold reflex type of thing going on. I got a mani/pedi with this and it looks stunning on my toes! I prefer darker nail polishes, and this one is the perfect happy medium for me between bright and dark. With a top-coat, it wont chip, unless you're a nail-biter like me!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm glad I found this in a bin of reduced priced nail polishes. It's a purple-y gold jumble of colours. This duochrome effect is so beautiful, and definitely the opposite of boring. I like the mix of colours. I think if I were to choose a name for it, I'd call it "Golden Plum." The way it looks when the sun hits it is wonderful. It's like a unique sunset. A coat or two is sufficient. I wore it for a week straight on my toes and had absolutely 0 chippage. China Glaze is superb. : )

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite China Glaze polishes. At one point this is all I would ever put. It is very beautiful especially with the duochrome effect, never boring.

Awakening is a gorgeous fall color. It's got a lovely formula, goes on like butter. Opaque in 2 coats. A nice duochrome, it's got rosy purple, a bit of a dusty rose, and gold. The finish is kind of pearly in a way, but not really shimmering.

on 7/11/2011 10:27:00 PM

This gorgeous shimmering duochrome dusty rose/gold lacquer is from China Glaze's Urban Chic collection. Awakening is a very fun color for summer and fall, because of the gold shimmer and because it is not glittery like most holiday polishes.

It has a very narrow brush like most, if not all, China Glaze lacquers; however, I find that the narrow brush combined with the smooth thin consistency of the lacquer makes for a streak free application. It is quite sheer and takes three coats to be completely opaque and full coverage. Looks great on pretty much every skin tone.

I love the color and wear it very often. This is pretty much my go to polish, because you can never mess this one up!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

YES! This is one of the most gorgeous nail polish colors I have ever found, and has made me adore duochromes. I cannot say enough good things about this. The formula is very smooth, it may take 3 coats but I've gotten away with two. It looks best in sunlight.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was searching for a new polish when this caught my eye. I've never seen a color like this and it's stunning in person! Awakening is a midtone purple with a strong, golden shimmer duochrome. On my nails, the base is more of a dusty rose. It almost reminds me of rose pigment from MAC. Surprisingly, the duochrome transfers perfectly when applied to the nails. The formula was also flawless and easy to use. Will definitely repurchase again.

I absolutely love this color. The goldish plum really looks like and reminds me of a Summer sunset. I can see this color becoming a staple this year in the hotter months. I can see awakening as a Autumn color as well, since golds and purples tend to be associated with that season.

The coolest thing about this color is how different it looks under different lights. Sometimes the gold looks more apparent and sometimes the plum is more apparent. It's really unique; really like two colors in one.

When applying this polish, I had very little problems with streaking. Sometimes I can be a klutz when it comes to nail polish, so sometimes I tend to use a little too much polish at once. If you use too much polish, you will experience streaking. Otherwise, it should be completely fine.

One thing I've noticed with the China Glaze nail polishes is how they dry so quickly. With one coat, it takes about 3 minutes to dry. With two coats, it takes about 10 minutes. I really love that.

The polish's lasting power is pretty decent. There was no chipping at all for at least 3 days, which is the perfect time span for me, since I like to switch colors often.

Overall, I really love this nail polish. It's a very unique and pretty color!

on 10/25/2009 2:46:00 PM

My favorite Fall polish! Awakening is a beautiful rosy gold polish . It looks pink from certain angles, almost fuchsia, but when the light hits the gold shimmer it looks like the polish glows! I love this color! The staying power is excellent. Several coats plus a top coat and it resists chipping for several days, which is unheard of for me! Excellent, I would rebuy over and over!

Popular Polishes