Yes To Scalp Relief Tea Tree & Sage (Green) Oil Conditioner

My hair is straight, long, and tends to be on the oily side at my scalp, but dry on the ends. Shampoos with lots of SLS make my scalp itchy so I can't use them often. Mostly just once a week as a clarifying shampoo. I got this stuff to follow up the clarifying shampoo. This stuff blew me away! I've been using it for a month and it makes my hair SO soft without making it ever feel slippery or waxy like some other conditioners do. Those tangles I used to get are pretty much gone. Just to warn though- this stuff smells strongly like sage and tea tree oil. It's not a take on the scent like Organix does with their Tea Tree Mint line (which I love). It smells like the real thing. I kinda like it and even if I didn't, the smell doesn't seem to stick around in an overwhelming sort of way.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very rarely do I hit upon a shampoo or conditioner that I really love enough to purchase again and again. I bought this product on a whim and honestly wasn't expecting much from an eight-dollar conditioner. I wound up finding the itchy scalp grail. On to the review!

Because my immune system hates the entire world, I break out in eczema on my scalp during the summer. It's itchy, flaky, oozy on really bad days, and all-around gross. Between the products I get from my dermatologist and the specially-formulated stuff available over-the-counter, I can keep the eczema pretty much down and out for the season. But while these products (Nizoral and T-Gel, mostly) do soothe my scalp, they turn my hair into hay. Conditioner in this situation is essential, but tricky. On the one hand, I need something to de-mummify my hair, but everything irritates my already-irritated scalp. I've tried basically every conditioner you can find in the scalp-care section of CVS, and not only are they expensive, but frankly... they suck! They do nothing to "revive" my hair other than leaving layers of gunky buildup. No thanks.

So I grabbed the Yes To conditioner because I didn't feel like paying $23 for unscented white goo. (Speaking of which: if you're curious, this conditioner smells like lime Jell-O.) Now, I did not buy this conditioner to *treat* my eczema, and I can't say it did anything to actually heal my scalp. However, it left my hair so, SO soft and shiny without any nasty buildup. It really does rinse out clean. Following that point, this conditioner keeps my hair cleaner for longer, too; my scalp definitely gets less greasy between washes now that I've started using this conditioner. And, critically, it doesn't irritate my scalp! Yay!

Overall, this conditioner is definitely worth trying if you've got an itchy, irritated, and/or sensitive scalp. Heck, even if you don't, it's still a great conditioner. Certainly it's worth giving this conditioner a shot before moving on to more heavy-duty (read: expensive) options.