Avon Prima Noir EDP

Avon Prima Noir EDP

on 1/26/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It's hard to avoid a comparison, so I won't! Avon's Rare Amethyst was supposed to be violet and sandalwood. It turned out to be all violet, which is nice enough, but didn't evolve into its heart notes the way I was expecting. It was completely linear. Nice violet, but nothing else. I was very disappointed with Rare Amethyst.

Prima Noir also features violet, but it is well blended with jasmine and vanilla. This fragrance begins with violet, and it (again) is a nice violet, but the other ingredients are noticeable straight out of the gate, and the scent develops and unfolds over time. It lasts forever and ever and ever. And ever. Prima Noir is rich, deep, and long-lasting to a degree that I've not seen with an Avon fragrance that isn't in the Far Away line.

(Fear not, for those who don't like Far Away or its flankers - Prima Noir is nothing like that family. But both Prima Noir and Far Away have a depth and quality and longevity that represent the best of Avon. I like several Avon and Mark fragrances, but most of them are fleeting, and this and FA, both, are not.) I hope Prima Noir is here to stay. I bought two bottles and will be sure to stock up.

on 10/22/2017 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is Avon's newest edition to their Prima lineup. I do like this one. The notes are listed as Top: violet, Heart: jasmine, Base: black vanilla. Some classify this as a nighttime scent but I find it is great for any time. On myself it last a very long time, even over night after sleeping. I am an Avon Rep. so I got to get this early. I think it actually comes out in about one or maybe two more books. I do love the dark purple bottle and the cap is quite solid and easy to open. I love the combination of notes. I can smell the lovely violet right away with the first spritz, and then the jasmine with the vanilla included makes the dry down spicy in a wonderful way. It kind of reminds me of one of my favorite Avon scents right now, Passion. Prima Noir has something about it that reminds me of Christmas. Not so much as Passion reminds me of Christmas but still there is something in the mix. It may be the vanilla? I think this fragrance would make a great gift for any one this Holiday.

Popular Fragrances