3.6

Reviews

3.0
from

a year ago

Despite being a gel formula, it was too oily for my oily skin - by lunchtime, I could use up to 2 oil sheets.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

This is one of the best sunscreens I’ve used. The texture is watery creamy. Absorbs perfectly. Does not have a heavy sunscreen smell. Goes perfectly with makeup and other skincare. One qualm I have with it - if I don’t wear makeup and the last thing I put is this, overtime it wears like an oily sheen over my face.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I bought four bottles of this from Amazon and a bottle of the sun fluid for my body - it's very expensive to import this to Australia - but worth it. Firstly it doesn't sting my stupidly sensitive skin at all. Secondly, no reactions later on. Thirdly, makeup sits nicely, etc. I haven't burnt. It's handbag friendly. It doesn't spill, but the cap isn't the most secure, so I put it in a ziplock bag just in case. I have been having laser treatment and it is actually soothing afterwards. I really rate this product.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

Recently my HG sunscreen - Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45 - was reformulated to include cyclopentasiloxane, which is the one ingredient that will pretty much instantly give me cystic acne. To say I was devastated would be an understatement; there might have been actual tears. Anyway, after reading reviews, comparing ingredients, and generally doing my homework, this was one of 4 different sunscreens I bought, and definitely the one I was most excited to try. Unfortunately, it was a failure on every level. No matter what other products I used under this my skin always felt greasy with this - which is quite a feat considering how dry my skin is. That was annoying, but it absolutely irritated the crap out of my skin. It started with my eyes lightly swelling and watering the entire time I had this on, and ended with my skin being generally sensitized. And it broke me out, but honestly that wasn't even the deal breaker at that point. I gave it a few chances, but it just wouldn't work for my skin. I'm not sure what exactly disagreed with my skin so much in this, though I assume one of the extracts. That's just a best guess since nothing in it is usually a trigger ingredient for me. I'm looking forward to trying more of Make P:rem's products, but I think I'm done with their sunscreens.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I have preferred chemical sunscreens for years. I have been a loyal fan of the Japanese Sunscreen Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50 +/PA++++ for years and have gone countless numbers of tube. But recently they have reformulated the ingredients, alcohol used to be at least number three in the ingredient list, but now it has been bumped up. Needles to say, my skin got a lot drier by using it. I decided to to switch sunscreen and after seeing rave reviews about this sunscreen on YT by gothamista, and aboutliahyoo, I decided to give it a try. And honestly, I love this. The texture is not comparable to my beloved Biore, which is to be expected since alcohol is number one or two in that list. But still this has a very lightweight texture. This still contains alcohol but it is towards the end of the ingredients list. Texture is smooth and upon blending gets a bit watery and absorbs well. Do note though that for the first five minutes your skin will be oily. This leaves a greasy feel for a good five minutes but then disappears. Skin feels soft and hydrated and no longer greasy once five minutes passes. Has a mild floral scent to it. It comes in a pump bottle and very affordable for its price. The bonus is that it has chock-full of nourishing fermented plant extracts, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid. Niacinamide is also high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't leave a white cast and feels like you're wearing nothing at all. Doesn't pill under foundation either or layered on top of other skincare. Has not broken me out. I usually skip moisturizer if I use this, as on its own, it's pretty hydrating for me but I have oily skin and live in a hot and humid country. But if you have dry skin, best to apply a good moisturizer underneath first. Overall I love this. This is my new favorite sunscreen. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age30-35