Glossier You

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I received a sample of this perfume with my recent Glossier order. On my skin, this dries down to a musty floral, which is just not my taste. I was expecting something more creamy, warm, and fresh based on the descriptions on the site and Instagram. My family said it smelled decently on me, but again, it's just not my cup of tea and not something I enjoy wearing. I was also disappointed with the bottle design of You; I was expecting something a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye for $60.

on 10/28/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not particularly into it. I know that this is supposed to smell like your boyfriend's neck, but the top floral notes are so strong that I don't think that they quite managed that. The initial spray I get is super alcohol-y. It dries down to a very prominent iris scent that really sticks around, despite the fact that it is the top note. I do get the musk-y, close to the skin notes as it continues to dry down, but they are still overpowered by the overly powdery iris.

I guess I have high expectations for Glossier, so I was expecting something a bit more unique. I was super excited when I was reading about how it was mostly composed of bottom notes and that it smells like your skin but better - but to be perfectly honest, my initial impression is that it's a lot like the Chloe signature scent. A pretty commercial floral.

The bottle is definitely interesting - it is unique, I will give them that. It's not what I would probably chose for a perfume bottle, but respect that they did something different.

At $60, it's not crazy expensive for a fragrance, but I doubt I will be repurchasing. Maybe worth a shot if you are super into floral, but I am not.

on 10/19/2017 10:18:00 PM

This long awaited highly anticipated scent is about to be released to adoring fans of this wonderful cult-like status online beauty company. The scent is called You and the makers wanted it to smell like a girls boyfriends neck after he has been wearing cologne for eight hours. And you know what....they got it spot on. I think this fragrance has only two notes...iris and musk and they are both very evident in this perfume. I noticed the iris immediately. Its a soft cashmere sweater like fragrance that isnt too loud. Its baby a baby soft whisper and lovely and nice and powdery. It does dry down to a very mens cologne type vibe so this scent is extremely unisex leaning to masculine. Fragrantica lists You as a scent for womrn and men. Also, the bottle is to die for. Sooooooo cute. You is a real winner amoungst mediocre department store and celebrity scents. Its almost a nich scent its that good. You is really gonna set the fragrance world on fire. Youre gonna love it.

Popular Fragrances