Glossier You Eau de Parfum Spray

You Eau de Parfum Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells beautiful in the package, but not on me sadly. I was hoping this would work, however on me it smells super musky. The package though is beautiful! It also lasted super long on me and especially my clothes. Sadly that wasn't the best thing considering it didn't work well on me lol, but may be a helpful note for another.

on 12/2/2018 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing scent. It is difficult to describe, but I get compliments on it daily. Seriously everyone tells me how amazing I smell. It smells a bit like pepper when you first put it on, but then it changes to smell like .... you. I will always wear it. Hands down my favorite perfume.

on 11/21/2018 7:21:00 AM

This is a very animalistic, low-key aggressive, and androgynous perfume. It's neither masculine nor feminine. It smells like lust, longing, and deep passion, topped off with just a hint of sweetness.

This is the kind of perfume you'd wear to work, to a date, to a hookup, to the mall, out with your friends, or around your crush - it just oozes sex appeal. It's not the most 'serious' scent out there, but it does hold its own in a professional environment nonetheless.

If you're a guy or a girl that doesn't want a suffocatingly masculine or a cloyingly feminine perfume, then this is for you. Screw the gender binary, right? I'd say it definitely teeters towards being slightly on the masc side, though, because it's very musky.

The bottle is unconventional, and I wish it were more avant-garde, but the scent more than makes up for it.

on 9/23/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am not overly impressed with You, first it smells like an antiseptic product, not awful, but not like a typical perfume...it does have something fresh, a bit floral, but something about it bugs my nose...the bottle looks like a nail polish remover...this is like a concept scent , trying to make a statement ...in the end it forgets to smell pretty..ambroxan to my nose is too clean, too anonymous...I didn't care for it..

Already bought a backup bottle and I haven’t even dented my first one. The buttery Iris and musk are so compelling. It smells like fresh sheets, salty sun kissed skin with snuggly musk, but refined with the powder of iris. It’s hard to describe exactly but it’s so comforting.

I’m just on cloud nine with this one and have a substantial collection of perfumes that are more interesting, but this one generates compliments like none other. Needless to say I’m drenching myself in it for the foreseeable future.

If you found the review helpful and decide to purchase, please use my link for 10% off your first order! https://re.glossier.com/a973da42

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like many others I didn't want to purchase the full size bottle without smelling the sample first. And when I did i actually wasn't sure if I liked it at first, the samples top notes and overall first impression came on a lot stronger than the scent does when its applied from the bottle. After the top notes had harmonized with my skin a bit (ca 15-20 mins) I knew i was hooked, but not in the normal “wow this smells good” way that you’d might expect. It was more so that every time i got a whiff of it I felt as if the scent had opened up with another new layer and it kept me intrigued, I decided to purchase the full size because one thing was very clear: I couldn't stop putting my wrist under my nose (and my mum said i smelt lovely too!)

When I received the bottle i noticed a few things different from the sample. For one the scent didnt come on as strong as i mentioned, which I like. I also feel as this is a perfume that's hard to overapply, much like the rest of glossiers products I think as it’s more supposed to enhance what you already got going on. Secondly the first times I wore it I was quite disappointed because i could barely smell it after 3-4 h, but whenever someone else got close to me they would all compliment me on my scent (even the day after wearing it) so I feel as it’s more of a people pleaser scent if that makes sense! I think it is because since the scent is so light my nose simply got used to it and therefore was harder for me to smell.
I have purchased the solid as well to touch up with when I’m out and about, that one smells exactly like the EDP but doesn't have as much of a spread, better for intimate situations or layering in my opinion!

Ob-seeded. The description of the scent from the company is bang on, I don’t understand where people are smelling a highly floral fragrance? It smells delicious and I dislike floral scents.

on 4/12/2018 7:01:00 AM

I had a sample of this with my glossier order and found it awful. I sprayed it on my wrists and couldn't deal with the smell that I washed it off a few hours later. To me it smells fresh and clean. But it also has a chemical smell. it's hard to describe but I have a cheap scented candle called linen that smells similar. It is almost remisinist of air fresheners, cleaning products etc. Plus points if you do like the smell it lasts extremely well, stays potent and a little gives a lot of pay off so the bottle should last you a while.

on 1/25/2018 12:08:00 PM

I don’t like this at all. To my nose, this smells identical to Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. Like exact. I didn’t like that fragrance either. It smells slightly floraly chemical on my skin. I wa expecting something a little warmer and cozy and less synthetic floral. How the website describes this is not in my opinion how it smells. If anyone remembers the Kate Walsh “ Boyfriend” (I think that was the name) fragrance, that was what I was hoping for. Something, warm, subltle, staying close to the skin, almost slightly masculine. I would say if you like floral fragrances you may like it, but if you don’t you can probably skip this. I gave it one lippie for the lasting power because unfortunately, I can still smell this pretty strongly about 6 hours later and have to wait until I get home to shower this scent off :( so glad I got a sample and didn’t actually pay for this

on 12/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

I've been wearing this for about 2 weeks now. At first I really was undecided about it. It's definitely unique - it didn't really "click" for me initially and I admit I had a little buyer's remorse. It is powdery, and I do get the iris and a little pepper, but not in a generic way. I do not at all get "boyfriend's neck after 8 hours" or the "salty animalistic" from the company's description. To me it's definitely very feminine and subtle. Now 2 weeks later I am completely addicted. I wake up thinking about spraying it on - I'm not even kidding. The staying power is not assertive, like My Burberry Black or Hanae Mori that I was wearing before this - I can smell those just the same at the end of the day as I did at the beginning. This stays on more like a lovely notion, or a lingering sexy thought. To me this is completely in line with the whole lit-from-within, less-is-more Glossier ethos. I love it. LOVE IT.