Glossier You

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 9/23/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am not overly impressed with You, first it smells like an antiseptic product, not awful, but not like a typical perfume...it does have something fresh, a bit floral, but something about it bugs my nose...the bottle looks like a nail polish remover...this is like a concept scent , trying to make a statement ...in the end it forgets to smell pretty..ambroxan to my nose is too clean, too anonymous...I didn't care for it..

Already bought a backup bottle and I haven’t even dented my first one. The buttery Iris and musk are so compelling. It smells like fresh sheets, salty sun kissed skin with snuggly musk, but refined with the powder of iris. It’s hard to describe exactly but it’s so comforting.

I’m just on cloud nine with this one and have a substantial collection of perfumes that are more interesting, but this one generates compliments like none other. Needless to say I’m drenching myself in it for the foreseeable future.

If you found the review helpful and decide to purchase, please use my link for 10% off your first order! https://re.glossier.com/a973da42

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like many others I didn't want to purchase the full size bottle without smelling the sample first. And when I did i actually wasn't sure if I liked it at first, the samples top notes and overall first impression came on a lot stronger than the scent does when its applied from the bottle. After the top notes had harmonized with my skin a bit (ca 15-20 mins) I knew i was hooked, but not in the normal “wow this smells good” way that you’d might expect. It was more so that every time i got a whiff of it I felt as if the scent had opened up with another new layer and it kept me intrigued, I decided to purchase the full size because one thing was very clear: I couldn't stop putting my wrist under my nose (and my mum said i smelt lovely too!)

When I received the bottle i noticed a few things different from the sample. For one the scent didnt come on as strong as i mentioned, which I like. I also feel as this is a perfume that's hard to overapply, much like the rest of glossiers products I think as it’s more supposed to enhance what you already got going on. Secondly the first times I wore it I was quite disappointed because i could barely smell it after 3-4 h, but whenever someone else got close to me they would all compliment me on my scent (even the day after wearing it) so I feel as it’s more of a people pleaser scent if that makes sense! I think it is because since the scent is so light my nose simply got used to it and therefore was harder for me to smell.
I have purchased the solid as well to touch up with when I’m out and about, that one smells exactly like the EDP but doesn't have as much of a spread, better for intimate situations or layering in my opinion!

Ob-seeded. The description of the scent from the company is bang on, I don’t understand where people are smelling a highly floral fragrance? It smells delicious and I dislike floral scents.

on 4/12/2018 7:01:00 AM

I had a sample of this with my glossier order and found it awful. I sprayed it on my wrists and couldn't deal with the smell that I washed it off a few hours later. To me it smells fresh and clean. But it also has a chemical smell. it's hard to describe but I have a cheap scented candle called linen that smells similar. It is almost remisinist of air fresheners, cleaning products etc. Plus points if you do like the smell it lasts extremely well, stays potent and a little gives a lot of pay off so the bottle should last you a while.

on 1/25/2018 12:08:00 PM

I don’t like this at all. To my nose, this smells identical to Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. Like exact. I didn’t like that fragrance either. It smells slightly floraly chemical on my skin. I wa expecting something a little warmer and cozy and less synthetic floral. How the website describes this is not in my opinion how it smells. If anyone remembers the Kate Walsh “ Boyfriend” (I think that was the name) fragrance, that was what I was hoping for. Something, warm, subltle, staying close to the skin, almost slightly masculine. I would say if you like floral fragrances you may like it, but if you don’t you can probably skip this. I gave it one lippie for the lasting power because unfortunately, I can still smell this pretty strongly about 6 hours later and have to wait until I get home to shower this scent off :( so glad I got a sample and didn’t actually pay for this

on 12/9/2017 6:14:00 PM

I've been wearing this for about 2 weeks now. At first I really was undecided about it. It's definitely unique - it didn't really "click" for me initially and I admit I had a little buyer's remorse. It is powdery, and I do get the iris and a little pepper, but not in a generic way. I do not at all get "boyfriend's neck after 8 hours" or the "salty animalistic" from the company's description. To me it's definitely very feminine and subtle. Now 2 weeks later I am completely addicted. I wake up thinking about spraying it on - I'm not even kidding. The staying power is not assertive, like My Burberry Black or Hanae Mori that I was wearing before this - I can smell those just the same at the end of the day as I did at the beginning. This stays on more like a lovely notion, or a lingering sexy thought. To me this is completely in line with the whole lit-from-within, less-is-more Glossier ethos. I love it. LOVE IT.

on 12/5/2017 2:46:00 PM

This ends up being a powdery floral scent on me. This is not what I generally like in a scent (Santal33 love of my life) or hoped for in this particular scent, *but* I do really enjoy wearing it. I enjoy it because it’s subtle and not overpowering. I only apply one spritz, and before too long it’s at a level where I have to search for it on my skin, but not in a bad way (particularly when you factor in others’ experiences of this scent on you). I smell... clean. Every day, freshly out of the shower clean.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I received a sample of this perfume with my recent Glossier order. On my skin, this dries down to a musty floral, which is just not my taste. I was expecting something more creamy, warm, and fresh based on the descriptions on the site and Instagram. My family said it smelled decently on me, but again, it's just not my cup of tea and not something I enjoy wearing. I was also disappointed with the bottle design of You; I was expecting something a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye for $60.

on 10/28/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not particularly into it. I know that this is supposed to smell like your boyfriend's neck, but the top floral notes are so strong that I don't think that they quite managed that. The initial spray I get is super alcohol-y. It dries down to a very prominent iris scent that really sticks around, despite the fact that it is the top note. I do get the musk-y, close to the skin notes as it continues to dry down, but they are still overpowered by the overly powdery iris.

I guess I have high expectations for Glossier, so I was expecting something a bit more unique. I was super excited when I was reading about how it was mostly composed of bottom notes and that it smells like your skin but better - but to be perfectly honest, my initial impression is that it's a lot like the Chloe signature scent. A pretty commercial floral.

The bottle is definitely interesting - it is unique, I will give them that. It's not what I would probably chose for a perfume bottle, but respect that they did something different.

At $60, it's not crazy expensive for a fragrance, but I doubt I will be repurchasing. Maybe worth a shot if you are super into floral, but I am not.

Popular Fragrances