Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I would have taken pictures but who knew it would work so fast!!! My whole chin was broke out with acne and looked terrible with brown spots left where acne was. I bought this at Rite-Aid at a discount hoping it would help and I was floored 3 days later. Unbelievable results!! This was used on acne brown spots. I kid you not, I had one on my neck and went to put some product on it today and it was GONE!! (4th day). The others are very faded and can now be easily covered with makeup. One of the top ingredients is Niacinamide. When I did research Niacinamide is actually better for your skin than Hydroquinone. They both lighten skin, however Niacinamide has more benefits to the skin.
It comes nicely boxed with a convenient container which pumps out the product. I used it everyday and will continue.

I went to Rite-Aid because I wanted to buy their whole line after seeing the results. I bought the Rapid Wrinkle reducer and the Rapid Dark Spot and Tone Corrector on sale for half price. I will give reviews on them later on. They have a sunscreen that also evens out your skin tone, but full price is $29 and I want to wait for it to go on sale. (Ok, I probably won't wait).

I can't believe these products are not advertised more! It was hard to find on the bottom shelf; It should have been on an end-cap with flashing lights!!!

`

on 10/16/2017 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this brand, and this product in particular, at Rite Aid:

Receutics Active Skin Repair: Step 3: Clear Tone and Complexion Corrector

I'm not big on buying multiple-step skincare regimes, but this was $24.99, and reduced 50 percent, and it mentioned that it was a tone and complexion corrector, so I had to at least check the label.

It does have a lot of ingredients:

Ingredients: Water, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, PEG-40 Stearate, Panthenol, Polydatin, Octyldodecanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil, Urea, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Oleanolic Acid, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Potassium Lactate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Bisabolol, Xylitylglucoside, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Polyglutamic Acid, Hydrolyzed Sclerotium Gum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Ormenis Multicaulis Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Tocopherol, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Hydrolyzed Algin, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sea Salt, Triacetin.

I can be a label-reading junkie, but seeing Niacinamide way up there on the list caught my eye. Then that it had other goodies that my natural remedy-loving self enjoys -- including borage, raspberry, cranberry, grape and other seed oils -- got me interested.

But a 1.7-ounce pump tube of skin-brightening ingredients led off by niacinamide, a well-reviewed brightener, as well as a lot of natural ingredients and no added fragrance, plus it was half off, so I had to try.

And I like it. First off, there may be no added fragrance, so this does not smell like dryer sheets or whatever, but it has a scent, definitely. It's very herbal. Mixes of more savory herbs -- think something like tea tree oil and smidges of herb garden chaos. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like this better than something perfume-y.

The texture is smooth. It's like a lotion that's not super thick or greasy. Pump a bit and apply it and it soaks in pretty fast on my normal skin. It doesn't sit on top of the skin either, so I can apply makeup, primer, sunscreen, etc., on top of it without issue.

That the container is a pump bottle makes it nice, too, as the contents can't get contaminated. Just, if you do get this, pump it gingerly. Sometimes I only want a small amount, but if I do a full pump I get a generous full-face application's worth. Not a bad thing, but sometimes I just want to spot treat.

Now, this is part of an acne/skin-clearing regime, and I admit I'm not really using it like that. I'm just using the step three on a clean face in the a.m. and p.m., and it's not causing me any skin flare-ups. But I also noticed that after maybe four weeks of using this daily that some dark spots on my face are fading. I have a few on the left side of my face, which probably are there due to getting sun while driving and there are a few acne scars, and while they're not gone, they are fading. (The newer ones seem to be vanishing the most.) I was impressed enough to track down another container of this.

I don't know what I'll see after 8 or 12 weeks of using this, or what will happen after six months of it, but so far I'm pretty impressed. I'd even pay full price for this, but love that I found it on deep discount. (Please let it not be discontinued!)