4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 days ago

I never thought I would ever spend this much on foundation, yet here we are. My skin is acclimatizing to Tretinoin pretty well, but there are flakes on my forehead and around my mouth that none of my HG foundations (Suqqu cream old version, Koh Gen Do Aqua or Moisture or MISSHA BB) can`t not emphasize. I went back to try the latest cream foundations out there at the luxury counters, but none of them made me look as natural, hydrated and flawless as this. Because shelling out 30,000 JPY is already a major sin, I didn`t want to also spend big bucks on primers to go with this. So I brought the only primer I rely on in winter with me to the counter, my Sekkisei White UV Gel. It works beautifully with that, too, the trick being to use your fingers and apply sparingly. It has medium to high coverage that looks like skin. Even though in winter my skin is hardly ever in top condition, I found I didn`t need concealer, except for mt dark circles. It wore beautifully for 9 hours with a light dusting of Make Up Forever HD loose powder. There is no scent to this and the SPF is irrelevant in a foundation really. It is the most emollient, light texture foundation with luminosity, cover, and longevity I have ever tried. I would only recommend this for mature and dry skin types and for the cold season. Totally would repurchase.

About reviewer (885 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

6 months ago

Huge Fail. This is extremely overpriced for what it is; a sheer product with a very poor color range that oxidizes and shows up every pore on your face and is NOT hydrating at all (but will leave you looking greasy). I used this over my CdP products including the Corrective Veil Primer; I look peachy/orange after 15 minutes (I purchased I10). Every pore on my forehead, cheeks and nose was there for the world to see (and I do NOT have large pores; just the opposite as I have very dry skin). I tried it over different products; no primer, etc and in the end, it looked awful no matter what I used. You shouldn't have to work THIS hard for a foundation to look good. Regarding the shades: they are NOT that pale. I kept hearing how "pale- fair- light" they are...they are not. This foundation runs darker than the other 2 and is the same as the cushion (which offers nothing for my pale coloring) and darkens after 10-15 minutes. For all the hype and as much as I love CdP, this was quite a disapointment. Get a sample if you can before you purchase.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 months ago

As a pro makeup artist I get to try everything. I got to try Cle De Peau Foundation Broad Specturm SPF 21. I have 3 shades 010 020 030. Presently I am 020. I have never tried anything so soft and light before, truly different than any other creme foundation I have ever tried. I used the Brightening Enhancer Base first, it has a soft dewy finish. The Foundation goes on beautifully with its little gold spatula. What a finish! Exquisite, luxurious and very indulgent. The glow is incredible. I love this! I would definitely re purchase this. I would not use this on camera as it glows too much, but in real life I would wear every day. Going out today to purchase the tinted sunscreen...I love the whole makeup line!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

I was reluctant to purchase this foundation due to its high price tag, but I'm very glad that I didn't succumb to a chintzy spell. This is the BEST foundation that I've ever worn. Although it has a glossy finish because of its quality skin care ingredients, it looks most natural on the skin. The SPF in the product stings my eyes; therefore, I pair the foundation with Cle de Peau's Radiant Corrector for Eyes. This makes the PERFECT combination for me.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

a year ago

Is the finish great? - Yes! Does it look like beautiful glowy skin? - Yes, it's downright radiant! Is it ridiculously overpriced?- Yes, unfortunately it is. I use this on those occasions I want flawless looking skin and am willing to put some extra time into it to get that effect. I have to use their radiant concealing pen around my nose to cover up some redness and their regular concealer to cover up a few spots (tapped lightly with MAC Studio Fix to set), but the results are worth the effort. I used Eb@tes and my first online purchase promo code on the CdP site to purchase this so I got it for much less than the normal price. At their regular rate I wouldn't repurchase even for the glorious results. But I will thoroughly enjoy my reduced price jar of it while I have it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

2 years ago

I hadn’t loved a foundation this way since I was young and didn’t need one! This is lovely, luminous and feels like a delicious moisturizer when you put it on. And it lasts all day. A game changer. But it is seriously expensive.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2 years ago

OMG. Crazy expensive. Like I mean crazy $327 CAD. Say what?? But is this ever worth it. I don't buy into foundations easily. I have tried them all. I need absolute perfection. This foundation provides coverage, skin like, get's a bit glowy as day goes on, minimizes pores, photos beautifully. This is your basic nightmare! Meaning, is that price just too ridiculous to even consider? I say no. I can justify this quite easily b/c I am not a foundation collector. I really settle on one or two. My favs would be GA Silk (but doesn't last) Nars Sheer Glow (colours not great....) and finish is meh. This is truly one of a kind. And it knocks it out of the park. At the moment I had a terrible breakout. When I got to my skin clinic for a serious treatment she could not believe what was underneath. Nor could I actually. This thing works. PS. I did not use any heavy moisturizers or silicone primers. This doesn't need. I would keep the under layer super simple. SPF if you must as that didn't seem to bother it. But any serums like HA only made it less air brush like on me. Sorry ladies. Start saving...

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium