Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer
Ultra Facial Moisturizer

3.5

Water, Squalane, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Propylparaben, Myristyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate

on 6/16/2017 3:13:00 PM

Made my skin super smooth .

My skin is super broken, sensitive , red , acne prone .

It helps w the dehydration . Makes my skin look even . No help w the acne n instead, depending on how hot the weather gets my skin gets clogged after this .

It's an ok moisturizer . Good under powder/makeup.

I would still continue w it if it wasn't for all the PARABENS in the ingredients .

Seriously kiehl's ? Whyyyyy must u use so much cheap parabens ????

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- very hydrating
- not greasy but spreads well without tugging
- scent not strong
- dispenser is simple so I can control amount

Cons:
- pricey
- sales ladies can be pushy and speaks with script
- no SPF for daytime use

on 12/10/2016 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wasn't expecting to like this based on all the negative reviews, but it actually works really well for my skin. I was desperate for something to put on my face while on a long flight that I didn't prepare well for, so I ended up grabbing a travel size bottle at the airport Kiehl's. I wasn't expecting much but it was unscented and my skin loves squalane, so I went for it.

Turns out it really works for my skin. It sunk in right away in the dry air, and didn't irritate my sensitive skin (despite a couple suspect ingredients) and I've kept using it after my trip.

It works well under makeup and sinks in really fast -- I have pretty dry skin but I'm very particular about texture and I find that this doesn't stay on top of my skin long enough to be greasy. Bonus: if I use it at night, by the morning it plumps up my thin forehead lines that I've had since I was a teenager (too much frowning!) which is something that not even my richer night cream does. Not sure why, but I think it's probably just the fact that my skin adores squalane. This is much better for travel than a big liquidy bottle of actual squalane, though.

on 8/11/2016 11:50:00 AM

2 weeks of usage. Generally did a good job moisturizing but very greasy for a normal skin. I only use it at night, it leaves a shining film on my face until next morning. Caused 3 pimples on my forehead and 2 on my cheeks which I've never experienced.

Pros:
- lightly scented
- moisturize well

Cons:
- like many have mentioned, does cause breakouts
- very greasy/ doesn't absorb well
- really ugly packaging?

Don't think I'll repurchase.

on 7/25/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fell for the hype of it by some big name makeup artist but honestly not overwhelmed by it after trying it out.

Personally I think it would be a good moisturiser for makeup artists to keep in their kit for clients(if you don't mind the price)- it's a good general moisturiser for all skin types, not too greasy for oily skin, moisturising enough for normal to dry skin, absorbs fairly fast, lightweight and holds up the foundation quite well.

But for home use I find its just not enough, especially for my dry skin, it still feels 'thirsty' after using it. Perhaps I'm just used to and happy with using thick creams, but for me it just doesn't cut it. On top of that, when I apply it to freshly cleansed, 'raw' skin, it feels almost like a chemical burn!

It would be a good one for someone with normal skin type and good skin to begin with, but honestly I can think of the same(if not better) alternatives for a different price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This formula does not work for my skin at all. Beginning to see a trend here with Kiehl's - just not the brand for me... The moisturizer felt greasy, did not absorb into my skin and caused me to break out after one use. So glad I wasn't sucked in to buying the products, only agreed to try samples of them after spending time with one of their SA's. My experience in store was informative and interesting, but my experience using the products has been frustrating and disappointing unfortunately. I had high hopes but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

on 1/11/2016 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have tried so many moisturizers. So. Many. There was always something wrong with all of them. They either broke me out, didn't moisturize enough (usually the issue) or left my skin feeling really strange. I have combination skin and suffer from occasional break-outs. My skin tends to stay dry in winter, and if I use a bad moisturizer I get horrible dry patches.

This is not the case with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. I absolutely adore this lotion. It leaves my skin feeling so nice, especially now, when it's dried out from winter. It works beautifully under make-up, does not break me out (of course, this is a very individual problem), has no unpleasant scent and has a fair price. The packaging works well enough. Sometimes you have to squeeze the bottle quite a bit to get the product out, but I don't mind. I prefer this over a glass jar.

The only thing I noticed that some people might have an issue with is that it can leave you a bit shiny, but I don't personally mind. It goes away fairly quickly, and if you really have a problem with it, just throw on a dusting of powder. Done.

Love this. Will buy it again and again.

on 7/12/2016 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had a generous 6ml sample of this and I used this moisturizer every morning after cleansing until I run out of it.

I have a combination skin with an oily T-zone and somewhat dry cheek area. I also have post acne marks on my chin area and I'm also prone to redness.

Pros:
1) My dry spots were moisturized and glowing, I loved the feeling;
2) There is no scent which is always a huge plus in my book;

Cons:
1) So greasy! After applying I got extremely greasy, so if you're prone to oiliness - stay back;
2) Awful under foundation - each and every I tried just slid off after 4-5 hours and looked terrible even though I used a setting powder as usual;
3) I do think it caused minor breakouts - I noticed some whiteheads and under-skin bumps on my forehead where I usually never break out.
4) no SPF

I wouldn't want to try this ever again, but I do think it could do good work on someone with dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a review for the non-SPF version of the product

I think I have found my holy grail winter moisturizer. My skin has been through a lot these past few months but it's finally coming around. My skin type is relatively normal, slightly drier in the wintertime and with an oilier T-zone in the summer. Nothing major or severe.

This moisturizer is fantastic - it plumps up my skin in seconds. It feels luscious and deeply nourishing and the oils it contains are doing a fantastic job at keeping my skin smooth and soft for several hours. The oils in it do not aggravate the occasional hormonal breakout. It works great underneath makeup, or even mixed with my foundation for a natural, healthy look. I love that it doesn't have any scent, I hate perfume in my skincare.

I think if you have normal to dry skin you will love this. It's effective without the fanfare. Reasonably priced too.

on 5/6/2016 12:07:00 PM

I am so glad i didn't buy it and tried the sample first!!! Good thinking. It's been 3 hours since I applied the moisturizer and my skin is sticky and heavy. Not what I want from a moisturizer. I dont know anyone who would like this feeling on her skin.