Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

3.6

Water, Squalane, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Propylparaben, Myristyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate

on 7/12/2016 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had a generous 6ml sample of this and I used this moisturizer every morning after cleansing until I run out of it.

I have a combination skin with an oily T-zone and somewhat dry cheek area. I also have post acne marks on my chin area and I'm also prone to redness.

Pros:
1) My dry spots were moisturized and glowing, I loved the feeling;
2) There is no scent which is always a huge plus in my book;

Cons:
1) So greasy! After applying I got extremely greasy, so if you're prone to oiliness - stay back;
2) Awful under foundation - each and every I tried just slid off after 4-5 hours and looked terrible even though I used a setting powder as usual;
3) I do think it caused minor breakouts - I noticed some whiteheads and under-skin bumps on my forehead where I usually never break out.
4) no SPF

I wouldn't want to try this ever again, but I do think it could do good work on someone with dry skin.

on 5/6/2016 12:07:00 PM

I am so glad i didn't buy it and tried the sample first!!! Good thinking. It's been 3 hours since I applied the moisturizer and my skin is sticky and heavy. Not what I want from a moisturizer. I dont know anyone who would like this feeling on her skin.

To Read all 313 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/11/2016 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have tried so many moisturizers. So. Many. There was always something wrong with all of them. They either broke me out, didn't moisturize enough (usually the issue) or left my skin feeling really strange. I have combination skin and suffer from occasional break-outs. My skin tends to stay dry in winter, and if I use a bad moisturizer I get horrible dry patches.

This is not the case with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. I absolutely adore this lotion. It leaves my skin feeling so nice, especially now, when it's dried out from winter. It works beautifully under make-up, does not break me out (of course, this is a very individual problem), has no unpleasant scent and has a fair price. The packaging works well enough. Sometimes you have to squeeze the bottle quite a bit to get the product out, but I don't mind. I prefer this over a glass jar.

The only thing I noticed that some people might have an issue with is that it can leave you a bit shiny, but I don't personally mind. It goes away fairly quickly, and if you really have a problem with it, just throw on a dusting of powder. Done.

Love this. Will buy it again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a review for the non-SPF version of the product

I think I have found my holy grail winter moisturizer. My skin has been through a lot these past few months but it's finally coming around. My skin type is relatively normal, slightly drier in the wintertime and with an oilier T-zone in the summer. Nothing major or severe.

This moisturizer is fantastic - it plumps up my skin in seconds. It feels luscious and deeply nourishing and the oils it contains are doing a fantastic job at keeping my skin smooth and soft for several hours. The oils in it do not aggravate the occasional hormonal breakout. It works great underneath makeup, or even mixed with my foundation for a natural, healthy look. I love that it doesn't have any scent, I hate perfume in my skincare.

I think if you have normal to dry skin you will love this. It's effective without the fanfare. Reasonably priced too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to use this a few years ago when I had *perfect* skin and it was great.

Currently though it seems to clog my pores, and is not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It feels oily on my skin but my face still feels tight under it.

Would not repurchase again.

on 8/9/2015 11:35:00 AM

This is a decent, simple moisturizer but it is too oily for my combo skin. I switched to Kiehls Ultra Facial CREAM and it turned out to be my HG moisturizer. Weird because this product has a more lightweight texture than the cream does, go figure.

Good product but it wasn't for me, wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a very dry skin and this cream is magical! Maybe a little oily, but if you wanna use it before foundation, it'a a perfect base! You need a very small quantity of product. Just one touch of powder and the result is spectacular! The only thing that left me disappointed is the package: It's hard to push the bottle and to dose the product. But, except for this point, i'm very satisfied! Price: 18€ for 30 ml (in Italy)

I have been re-purchasing this lipsticks times and times again and it is quite a good product.

I also prefer one that has SPF in it, to act as a double agent to both nourish and protect your skin.

This products is suitable for all skin types, but I find that for my very dry skin it is not that enough. It does work as a nice "makeup prep" but I dont feel that it feeds my skin with all the needed nutrition.

I think it is a perfect product for those people who have normal or combination skin, but nothing too extreme like very oily or very dry.

If you need more thoughts on this and other products from Kiehls, feel free to check this blog review below.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I honestly think I have tried most moisturisers on the market & never seemed to find anything quite like this! It is the HOLY GRAIL of moisturisers in my opinion - amazing! Light, non-greasy, quick drying and fragrance free! I feel it really hydrates my skin and also acts as an excellent base before make-up application! Although a little pricey (34) for 250ml I feel it lasts for ages and is worth the splurge!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I start by saying that I have combo-dry skin with a few dry patches now that the weather is getting colder. This lotion comes out pouring from the bottle hence I wish there was a pump(or some smaller opening). I have thought about pouring this lotion into another container with a pump.

This lotion itself is runny and spreads easily but leaves a shiny, greasy finish which makes it only suitable for use at bedtime. Quality of lotion is superb. It deeply moisturizes which ultimately improves the texture of my skin(no more dry patches).

No skin reaction such as itchiness or breakouts.

No scent I can discern.
All in all a lovely product.