Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer
Ultra Facial Moisturizer

3.5

Water, Squalane, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Propylparaben, Myristyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate

on 12/1/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros:
* Lightweight texture
* No frills ingredients
* Doesn't irritate my skin
* Moisturizes well

Cons:
* Leaves oily residue behind
* Inconvenient packaging
* Price

I have sensitive combo skin for reference.

Such a beautiful light everyday moisturiser. I even use it as a primer. Does not make me break out. Highly highly recommend. Price is ok considering a little goes a long way.

on 12/10/2016 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wasn't expecting to like this based on all the negative reviews, but it actually works really well for my skin. I was desperate for something to put on my face while on a long flight that I didn't prepare well for, so I ended up grabbing a travel size bottle at the airport Kiehl's. I wasn't expecting much but it was unscented and my skin loves squalane, so I went for it.

Turns out it really works for my skin. It sunk in right away in the dry air, and didn't irritate my sensitive skin (despite a couple suspect ingredients) and I've kept using it after my trip.

It works well under makeup and sinks in really fast -- I have pretty dry skin but I'm very particular about texture and I find that this doesn't stay on top of my skin long enough to be greasy. Bonus: if I use it at night, by the morning it plumps up my thin forehead lines that I've had since I was a teenager (too much frowning!) which is something that not even my richer night cream does. Not sure why, but I think it's probably just the fact that my skin adores squalane. This is much better for travel than a big liquidy bottle of actual squalane, though.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- very hydrating
- not greasy but spreads well without tugging
- scent not strong
- dispenser is simple so I can control amount

Cons:
- pricey
- sales ladies can be pushy and speaks with script
- no SPF for daytime use

on 10/9/2017 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product breaks me out unfortunately. I have normal skin which can become dehydrated. I have used Kiehl's products before so didn't anticipate any problems before using this. I have used this several times and each time it caused deep red spots under the skin. I suspect my skin doesn't like Squalane as I had problems with The Ordinary 100% Squalane too. I highly recommend to avoid if you have sensitive skin as I found it to be irritating and my skin isn't particularly sensitive. It's a shame is it is very emollient so it would be great for those who don't really experience sensitivity to the ingredients.

on 6/16/2017 3:13:00 PM

Made my skin super smooth .

My skin is super broken, sensitive , red , acne prone .

It helps w the dehydration . Makes my skin look even . No help w the acne n instead, depending on how hot the weather gets my skin gets clogged after this .

It's an ok moisturizer . Good under powder/makeup.

I would still continue w it if it wasn't for all the PARABENS in the ingredients .

Seriously kiehl's ? Whyyyyy must u use so much cheap parabens ????

on 7/12/2016 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had a generous 6ml sample of this and I used this moisturizer every morning after cleansing until I run out of it.

I have a combination skin with an oily T-zone and somewhat dry cheek area. I also have post acne marks on my chin area and I'm also prone to redness.

Pros:
1) My dry spots were moisturized and glowing, I loved the feeling;
2) There is no scent which is always a huge plus in my book;

Cons:
1) So greasy! After applying I got extremely greasy, so if you're prone to oiliness - stay back;
2) Awful under foundation - each and every I tried just slid off after 4-5 hours and looked terrible even though I used a setting powder as usual;
3) I do think it caused minor breakouts - I noticed some whiteheads and under-skin bumps on my forehead where I usually never break out.
4) no SPF

I wouldn't want to try this ever again, but I do think it could do good work on someone with dry skin.

on 8/11/2016 11:50:00 AM

2 weeks of usage. Generally did a good job moisturizing but very greasy for a normal skin. I only use it at night, it leaves a shining film on my face until next morning. Caused 3 pimples on my forehead and 2 on my cheeks which I've never experienced.

Pros:
- lightly scented
- moisturize well

Cons:
- like many have mentioned, does cause breakouts
- very greasy/ doesn't absorb well
- really ugly packaging?

Don't think I'll repurchase.

on 7/25/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fell for the hype of it by some big name makeup artist but honestly not overwhelmed by it after trying it out.

Personally I think it would be a good moisturiser for makeup artists to keep in their kit for clients(if you don't mind the price)- it's a good general moisturiser for all skin types, not too greasy for oily skin, moisturising enough for normal to dry skin, absorbs fairly fast, lightweight and holds up the foundation quite well.

But for home use I find its just not enough, especially for my dry skin, it still feels 'thirsty' after using it. Perhaps I'm just used to and happy with using thick creams, but for me it just doesn't cut it. On top of that, when I apply it to freshly cleansed, 'raw' skin, it feels almost like a chemical burn!

It would be a good one for someone with normal skin type and good skin to begin with, but honestly I can think of the same(if not better) alternatives for a different price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This formula does not work for my skin at all. Beginning to see a trend here with Kiehl's - just not the brand for me... The moisturizer felt greasy, did not absorb into my skin and caused me to break out after one use. So glad I wasn't sucked in to buying the products, only agreed to try samples of them after spending time with one of their SA's. My experience in store was informative and interesting, but my experience using the products has been frustrating and disappointing unfortunately. I had high hopes but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?