4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I abhor the packaging. It's awful, but most of the shadows are buttery and beautiful. I do use primer, and I think they wear beautifully.( 7-10 hrs w/primer) I thought it was pricy for the setup and there is horrific fallout on a couple. Standout shades are vestment (blue with a brown duochrome), ministry (bright blue), relic(yellow shimmer), ashes, Sinner side Chalice, heaven, amen (great transition shade) on saint side. My least favorite shades are crucifix (doesn't blend well for me) and cathedral (fallout city) If you are a collector of beautiful palettes, yes buy it! If you're a newbie at makeup, you might want to skip because I still look at it and think, what am I going to do with this some days.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

I have mixed feelings about this palette... The packaging is like nothing else I ever had: perfect in every way, luxurious and unique; I love the color selection and placement, but I would love to see a vibrant, shiny fuchsia shade instead of Amen or Baptism - we don´t need both of them in the same palette. Two mirrors are kind of unnecessary, but add to overall luxurious feel, so I don´t mind. My favorite colors (currently, didn´t try them all) are Relic, Vestment and Ministry. Top - coats are also delightful (Absolution and Rapture). On the other hand, overall quality of these eyeshadows is not at all as good as I expected - Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette being my absolute favourite ever. Mattes are weak, devoid of pigment and yet hard to blend; mattes with glitter lose all the glitter when you try to blend them (Exodus, Ashes and Revelation), and Exorcism is a huge dissapointment - it doesn´t even look purple on my eyes! Shimmers transfer no matter how I set them, but due to my hooded eyes, I expect that. On the whole, I wouldn´t repurchase this palette: although it´s really pretty, colors are not as easy to use - I expected more. I gave it 4 lippies because I really can work with it, but it´s too difficult.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This is my first KVD holiday purchase, but I've been an avid purchaser of her eyeshadows in particular for the past five or so years. I purchased this as a treat for myself after completing my first month of solo teaching, and I have to say that it is a very luxurious product. The shadows are buttery and smooth and blend beautifully, and they are so much fun to play with! The red shade is to die for, and vegan red eyeshadows that are so high quality are really tough to come by. I've heard a lot of people complain about the color story of this palette, and I can understand where that issue comes from. However, as far as I understand it, Kat designed the palette so that each side would have its own color story. The 'Saint' side is more neutral/plum shades that are awesome for everyday. The 'Sinner' side has all those lovely, rich bright colors that Kat loves so much, plus a wonderful matte black eyeshadow. When you close one side of the palette, the color stories make so much more sense. My absolute favorite shade in this palette is Chalice, which is a gorgeous cool-toned gold shimmer. It's so pretty swept over the lid with a dash of eyeliner when you have to run out the door. Sacred Heart is also lovely, as well as Crucifix. I have no qualms with any of the colors in this palette, but those three are my absolute favorites. I tend to use the 'Saint' side far more often than the 'Sinner' side, just because I've always gravitated toward more neutral looks. The oranges and rust shades on the 'Sinner' side have been great for autumn date nights and different things, and I've yet to find ways to incorporate that bright chartreuse shade or the really beautiful blues into my regular rotation as of yet. Application of these shadows is easy and simple, but with a heavy hand, you'll have to subject yourself to lots of blending! They are very pigmented and very high quality. When MakeupAlley asked if I would repurchase this palette, I vacillated between 'Yes' and 'No'. I ultimately went with 'No' for 2 reasons. The first reason is that I already own so many eyeshadow palettes that repurchasing this one would be totally silly. The second reason is that there is SO MUCH PRODUCT in this palette that I can't imagine having to repurchase it ever in my life. I'm not a makeup artist, influencer, or blogger so I don't go through makeup quickly at all. If I were in one of these lines of work, then maybe I would repurchase, but as a regular-Jane teacher, I have no need.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I was very on the fence about this palette, but once I saw it in store, I had to have it. Don't let the price tag scare you. You get a lot for your money. For $62, you get 24 shadows, which works out to about $2.50 per colour. The pans sizes are comparable to her other palettes. I love that there is a variety of shades and finishes. The possibilities are endless. This palette will be good for people who love colour. If you are someone who only ever wears nude shades, I think it would still be a good investment because there are a good number of shadows that can be used as nudes (Cathedral, Chalice, Revelation, Ashes) but will also provide some colours to help expand one's repetiore. The colours blend easily and well, and are wonderfully saturated. The packaging is absolutely stunning. This will also be a good piece for collectors. It is a bit heavy, but sturdy. I would absolutely buy this again.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I'll start the review by saying that the Saint & Sinner palette is more expensive compared to her other eyeshadow palettes, but you are getting more shadows then is usually included in her palettes; twenty four shades in matte, metallic, duo-chrome and glittery 'topcoat' formulas, in pans that are the same size as the non-base pans in the Shade + Light palette. The shades are a medley of finishes in neutral, slightly muted tones, vampies and bold shade ranges, so there is something for every comfort level, every season and every occasion. You can open both the more everyday shade range in the 'Saint' side and the more vibrant 'Sinner' side separately, with is good when you first get this palette, as opening the palette all in one is overwhelming; so many pretty shades and finishes, all screaming loudly to be worn RIGHT NOW. It is hard to know where to start as the placement does seem a bit random at first. After a few uses you do get used to it as the whole 'stained glass' style of colour placement becomes less mystifying, and the different sides can be happily mixed and matched. The pigmentation on everything I've worn so far is awesome, and the shadow formula is very soft and buttery - and I'm not someone who usually bothers with primer. To date I haven't had any issues with fading, creasing or transfer. When I dip my brush into the shadows they do have some kick-up to them, but they aren't patchy and apply with only a little [if any] fallout and blend really well, so I generally don't feel that removing a star in my reviews is really necessary as long as the ease of use and performance isn't affected - just tapping excess off your brushes solves the problem. All highly pigmented shadows tend to be softer. The only slight issue I have had so far is the same as it is with the Shade + Light Glimmer palette; the topcoat shades [Absolution and Rapture] have sheer bases and contain lots of micro-glitter, so they feel a bit gritty and have some fallout, so you may want to use glitter glue with them. The shades are formulated to be sheer & highly glittery and they do perform well once applied, so I feel that removing a star is too harsh I find that using a finger for application really helps reduce fallout.

About reviewer (1450 reviews)

Age30-35