This is Charlotte’s first twelve-pan palette. It takes you logically from pale and subtle to dramatic and smoky. She has arranged a nice mix of mattes and shimmers in neutral tones. I love the long, slim case. It’s plastic but has the appearance of metal in the same rose gold tone as the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette. Inside there is a large mirror in the lid. The pans are rectangular, like the Urban Decay Naked series, except that Charlotte has organized hers into four trios. The case has a magnetic closure but does not click shut. Each of the twelve pans holds 0.7 grams of product for a total of 8.4 grams. The palette was made in Italy. Charlotte named the four clusters but did not name the individual shades; they are numbered.
The Day Eye:
1) Prime: soft ivory (matte)
2) Enhance: cool beige pewter (shimmer)
3) Smoke: greyish brown (matte)
Day Eye is light and subtle. If you want more color or depth, it’s easy to feather in colors from the darker trios. The clusters are easy-to-follow but are not meant to hinder your creativity. You can skip around.
The Desk Eye:
1) Prime: champagne (shimmer).
2) Enhance: caramel tinged with burnt orange (matte)
3) Smoke: deeper warm reddish brown (matte)
The Date Eye:
1) Prime: pink candlelight (shimmer)
2) Enhance: silvery pearly taupe with a hint of mauve (shimmer)
3) Smoke: cocoa brown (matte)
The Disco Eye:
1) Prime: icy pearlescent gold (shimmer)
2) Enhance: olive grey (shimmer)
3) Smoke: sooty charcoal (matte)
Like the glittery “pop” shades in Charlotte’s quads, the Enhance shade in Disco eye applies more intensely if you use your finger instead of a brush. The Smoke shade is easier to blend than most matte blacks.
1) The shadows are silky smooth, never patchy. In the lab the shadows were “control pressed” to make them easy to blend with little to no fallout.
2) The colors are nicely composed.
3) The compact is not heavy or bulky so it’s a good one to take on a trip.
4) Going into the holiday season, the Date Eye and Disco Eye are fun evening looks. You can apply the glittery shades with your fingers if you wish.
5) Charlotte’s coordinated clusters make it easy to dive right in without puzzling over which pans will go together. Naturally you can dabble among the trios to create your own unique looks.
6) It is possible to create a fully matte neutral eye if you stick with the following: Day 1, Day 3, Desk 2, Desk 3, Date 3, Disco 3.
7) When I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base, the colors stay vibrant for hours.
1) If I do not use eye primer, some of the colors can fade over the course of my work day. This is true of most of my shadows, including Tom Ford’s Cocoa Mirage. In particular, “Desk 2 Enhance” wanted to knock off work around lunchtime when I forgot to wear primer.
2) Urban Decay includes a brush with their twelve-pan palettes and there is no brush in this one.
3) Some of the shadows don’t swatch heavily. The paler shades such as “Day 1 Prime” may frustrate fans of Viseart who are looking for intense pigmentation.
4) In a few of the shades, such as “Desk 1 Prime,” the shimmer is on the chunky side.
5) $75 is high when you consider that Urban Decay’s twelve-pan palettes cost less.
The shadows blend beautifully. Many of them have a creamy feel. When I use primer, they last well. This palette offers a nice range of tones to vary your look – cool, warm, soft, natural, smoky, sparkling, dramatic. I love the sleek case. Date Eye and Disco Eye are beautiful for parties, special dinners, and holidays. However, the palette is expensive.
I have to praise Beautylish for their secure packing job. My palette was safely bundled in bubble wrap and nestled in tissue paper inside the box. Beautylish also split the cost into two easy payments, so parting with $75 was less painful.
These are new shadow formulas for the Charlotte Tilbury line, different from the shadows in Golden Goddess, Dolce Vita, Legendary Muse, Beauty Glow, etc.
MATTE EYESHADOW INGREDIENTS (Day 1 Prime, Day 3 Smoke, Desk 2 Enhance, Desk 3 Smoke, Date 3 Smoke): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Mica, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
CREAM EYESHADOW INGREDIENTS (Day 2 Enhance, Desk 1 Prime, Date 1 Prime, Disco 3 Smoke): Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Silica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, Tin Oxide, [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Black 2 (Ci 77266) (Nano), Ultramarines (Ci 77007)]
CREAM EYESHADOW INGREDIENTS (Date 2 Enhance, Disco 1 Prime): Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Paraffinum Liquidum, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, Tin Oxide, [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Powder
CREAM EYESHADOW INGREDIENTS (Disco 2 Enhance): Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Paraffinum Liquidum, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Silica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Tocopherol, Hoya Lacunosa Flower, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Titanium Dioxide