ColourPop Yes, Please!

ColourPop Yes, Please!
Yes, Please!Yes, Please!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This and the other two ColourPop palettes I picked up before New Years have been all I've wanted to play with for weeks. Don't let the price fool you, these eyeshadows are beautiful, pigmented, they blend well, and they are definitely comparable to high end brands. I don't need more mirrors, and I actually like cardboard packaging because it's usually slimmer, so to me the packaging is #CUTEAF, as the lid implies. But these may not be the most travel friendly.

Now down to the nitty gritty- the mattes are very creamy and blendable, slight fallout in the pan but nothing to worry about. The mattes are on par with MAC and better than the BareMinerals Ready formula. The shimmers are also gorgeous, with great pigmentation, little fall out, and they apply true to shade on my lids. I prefer to apply their super shock and pressed glitter or shimmers with my finger, but this could be hard for those with long nails. The cheapy foam applicators in drugstore makeup can work in a pinch.

I really love that the warm tones in this work on fairer skin, and so far I've created several very different looks with this. This palette works very well paired with ColourPop's "You Had Me At Hello". The color Champs from this palette has been my favorite transition shade even when I'm using other eyeshadows and I hope that it's available again soon in a single. I'm not kidding when I say that I'm waiting for their next sale to get a few other palettes!

on 12/13/2017 10:02:00 PM

Beautiful warm palette which can be used to create neutral or dramatic looks. Shadows are buttery smooth, pigmented, and last all day. These shadows are no different than my MAC or ABH shadows. Given the number of shadows you get in this palette, the $16 price tag is amazing. It's small so great for travel too.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great pigmentation, great blendability, amazing value! If you like warm shades this is a great palette either as an add in or as a stand alone.

on 11/12/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very creamy and pigmented formula. Very easy to blend as well. The matte shades are very vibrant, the metallics are quite sheer but works very nicely as a topper over matte shades. The packaging is also very cute and it feels very sturdy and compact.

on 10/20/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveeeee this pallet so so much. it's super blendable and very pigmented. I definitely would repurchase this!!!

Yes, Please! is a 12-shade pressed eyeshadow palette from ColourPop cosmetics.

This is a warm-toned palette which includes eight matte shades and four shimmer shades (two are duochromes) in the yellow/orange/rust/red range, from a pale matte nude tone to a deep red/brown:

Full-Zip: matte warm ivory
Big Cocktails: matte orange
Champs: matte pale peachy nude
Bling: metallic rust
Louie: metallic duochrome red with a gold flip
Butter Cake: metallic pale yellow gold
Spoiled: matte brick red
Gno: matte burnt orange
Mischief: matte warm yellow
Note to Self: matte warm caramel
Chauffeur: metallic duochrome bright orange with a gold flip
French Kiss: matte deep red brown (this appears to be more of an aubergine to me)

The palette is small (approx. 4" X 5"), and the individual pans are about 1" in diameter. The palette is cardboard with a magnetic closure, and there is no mirror.

However, for the quality of the shadows (excellent!) and the price ($16.00 USD), this palette is a bargain. Frankly, I'd much prefer cosmetics companies invest in the formulae of the shadows instead of fancy packaging. The palette seems plenty sturdy, and I already have a plethora of mirrors anyway. I'd rather impress others with my makeup skills, not how fancy or expensive the packaging appears!

I've found all of the shades to be "buttery smooth," easy to apply, and blend. This color range looks particularly flattering to those with blue eyes. If you're of a "certain age" (I am!), don't think you can't wear these shades. You can. It's all in the placement and blending. Don't shy away from the more bold colors; Big Cocktail (matte orange), Spoiled (matte brick red), and Mischief (matte warm yellow). They'll provide that pop of color that will really make your eyes sparkle!

If you're looking for a more muted, natural look - apply over a plain primer. Wanting to go more bold and true-to-pan color? Applying over white eyeshadow base will deliver it.

This palette is the first pressed powder shadows I've tried from ColourPop. In the past, I did try a few of their Super Shock Shadows, but personally found the formula difficult to work with. Their pressed powder shadows, however, are everything I want an eyeshadow to be.