St.Tropez Tanning Essentials Gradual Tan Everyday Tinted Body Lotion

3.7

I have it and even though I think it’s good, it’s not the easiest to work with. Usually gradual tanners seem to be a bit more forgiving and consistency is on the lighter side (like skinny tan or even Dove) - this is thick. I mean it takes some working into the skin to get an even colour, nothing you can just do fast. And you can feel it on the skin. But I like the effect, it’s not particularly subtle either - I usually go for some proper tanning product on one night and then I follow up with this the next day - and i look tanned, proper tanned.
It’s a bit pricey as well.

Ah - use your hand, don’t bother with a tanning mitt

I use the St. Tropez tanning mousse without any problem, so I thought that their gradual tanning products might work for me, too. I purchased both the tinted and un-tinted gradual tanning lotions. I do not recommend either, although if I *had* to use another St. Tropez gradual tan again, I would choose this one (the tinted version). For a supposedly "gradual" tan, I was unexpectedly dark (and a tad bit orangey) after just ONE application had developed...and what's worse, it was a patchy, uneven tan. It only got more splotchy and uneven after a shower or two - it definitely did not fade evenly, like other products I've used. I've been self-tanning for years, so I know how to properly prep my skin for all manner of sunless tanning products. Normally, I'm also quite good at avoiding streaks, patches, dark spots, etc. The fact that a sunless tan would look so patchy, even with proper prep work, very careful application, and a full 30 minutes of drying time, just suggests a poor formula, IMO. If you have darker skin and a less-than-perfect tan wouldn't be super noticeable, then this might be an okay product for you. However, there are definitely better gradual tanners out there, even for darker skin tones. I regret not returning this to get my money back, honestly. St. Tropez should have just let this be a tinted body lotion, without the sunless tanner component.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I finally found my HG self tanner!! I am a very very pale person, generally I'm the lightest shade in every foundation. Most self tanners look way too dark and unnatural and I have to cut it with moisturizer, but not this! It dries super quickly, doesn't have a strong self tan smell though it is still present, and best of all I can put this on in the morning and literally an hour later I have a nice natural looking glow that doesn't scream "self tan". Because it is a subtle tan I'm not sure how well this would work on medium-dark skin tones though. I mainly use this for my face, but in the summer when I do full body I do find I have to use quite a lot of product and I need to be careful about how I hold the bottle because it does come out fast and can easily end up all over the floor. And with all St Tropez products the mitt is necessary because good luck scrubbing this off your palms.