NYX Professional Makeup Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette

NYX Professional Makeup Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette

3.7

on 1/5/2019 5:07:00 AM

works pretty well with their white eyeshadow base. A little pricey for the quality, bh cosmetics take me back to Brazil pallet is $3 with so many more colors. This pallet however is much more travel friendly

on 2/13/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to use along side a neutral palette. I am very much about a more natural look but I also love colour and experimenting just a bit. I have tried pastel palettes since I wanted more toned down colours but all the ones I have tried lacked way too much pigment with the lighter shades. I use this palette very sparingly and it adds just the right amount of colour without being overpowering. It also looks great for a slightly glossy eye look. I use Vaseline- which admittedly isn’t the best- but it barely creases and the couple of creases are so small you can’t see them unless you are kiss close. This doesn’t run or move around on my face but it could be because I am only using them with a light hand. The price is amazing and although brands like urban decay will be more pigmented-especially if you use an eyeshadow brush- but because my skin is so fair it is better for me to have less pigmented bright eyeshadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been feeling the colorful eye bug and I’ve been looking for a rainbow palette. This one has reasonably good reviews for an inexpensive palette but it was a total flop for me sadly.
First, the formula. It’s what you expect for drugstore eyeshadow. Some shades blend really nicely. You can pack them on. I used the bright blue wet to build it up and it was quite pretty. But they are powdery. Overall, in application I was actually quite happy. But, the lasting power is TERRIBLE. You have to baby these guys like crazy. I use primer and usually that’s all I need. My eyes water and most shadows can not withstand a bad watery eye session. I went to the gym and did a high impact dance class. I’m sweaty and some eyeshadows last others crease a little. These shadows dissolved. I’m talking, bright blue sweat streaks down my face and literally no eyeshadow at all left on my lids. My liner and mascara were perfect and I could even feel my primer intact. It’s like these shadows didn’t adhere to my primer and just sat on top. I just can’t handle such high maintenance shadows. Just no. If you never have problems with oily lids, moisture in the air or from your face, these might work. Maybe a different primer (I use TFSI), but I was not willing to try.
Shades. Sooooo pretty! Especially that light lavender. It killed me to return this because the shades are soooo pretty! That slightly periwinkle bright blue is gorgeous!
Packaging. I really liked the packaging. Sleek, compact. Not super tough but for the price.
Price. So kind of expensive for drugstore, NYX has been getting more expensive. But with a coupon, I feel like if the lasting power had been good, it would have been worth it. And I love easily attainable makeup. You can even swatch it in Ulta.
Overall, I returned this and I plan to get the Viseart Editorial Matte palette and the Sigma creme de couture palette that is being re released. Those together are 5x the price of this, but I’m at a place where I want quality. I’m drooling over Sugarpill too. I really really wish this palette could have worked but I just can’t deal with the finicky lasting power. And I’m will to put up with Subculture so that’s saying something.