Ere Perez- Pure Rice Powder Blush in My Blush

1 review

on 10/3/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really hope this review helps someone make an informed decision about this product. I couldn't find any reviews when I first purchased this, so I can be the test dummy for everyone else. :) I was sucked in by the "green" ingredients, but ultimately disappointed.

Most importantly, know that this product really misrepresents itself. It's described as a "universal blush" for all skintones (which sounds wonderful, doesn't it?), when really, it's a bronzer. Straight up, it's two brown shades of bronzer with no shimmer or undertones. Now, if you want a non-orangey bronzer to help contour your face or fake a tan, then this is great! But I was looking for a blush, and this wasn't it.

The brown shades also show up much darker than expected. As a PPP, I could only use the left-side, and even then it still looked too dirty/muddy for my skintone. I tried combining the two shades at first, which was way too dark for me. This definitely isn't universal — I'd say you need at least a medium skintone to pull this off.

The product itself takes some skill to handle as well, since it's a VERY loose powder. With just the slightest touch you can pick up way more product than than you probably need, which then leads to a heavy application if you're not careful. It can also scatter lots of product, creating a mess and wasting product. As a result, I managed to hit pan within 3 months of use, even using a light hand and being extra careful each time I used it.

All in all, this was a bad purchase. Even as a bronzer, it doesn't enhance the skin and just looks flat. I'd recommend using Cargo's bronzer instead if you're in the market for one.

Popular Blush Products