Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream
Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating CreamRapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream

4.5

on 2/15/2018 6:35:00 PM

This product has a learning curve, as indicated on the jar! I started using the Night repair in this line and when I ran out of that, found that there is about 2x more product in this jar than the Night formula so I thought I’d give it a try. Very impressed! For the first month, I noticed my eyelids were looking MORE crepey than when I started (I wanted to help stop a mild crepeyness). Panic!!!
I read you have to give it time and use once every other day to get skin used to it. I had developed small red eczema patches on my upper and lower lids and on the bridge of my nose. I took breaks and moisturized heavily. I was about to give up when all of a sudden, changes! WOW! I knew it was working when my husband commented “The colour of you skin looks nice- you look...bright!”
He’s never said anything specific like that before!

I use a pea sized amount nightly now and have noticed a dramatic lightening of my skin and the freckles and spots I have. For some reason, this has dramatically lightened dark freckles but not so much the lighter melasma patches. Still getting lighter though! I live in an extremely cold climate (-30) and have to use Eucerin complete repair over this cream.
This cream is a treatment, not a moisturizer. After about 3 months I am hooked and don’t want to be without it. I alternate with Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA cream and I haven’t had this pale of skin for 30 years! The texture of my skin is much smoother, my pores aren’t as prominent and my eye crepes are less and less. The fine lines under my eyes are still there but much lighter.
My lip lines are blurring too!
Fantastic overall treatment for improving texture, tone, spots and wrinkles. I feel like my skin is tighter too!
The smell is heavenly - smells expensive - kind of like a light floral - husband loves the scent too. 100% recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this cream and will definitely repurchase.
This is a decent size jar but a little pricey for drugstore IMO.
The good news is you do not need to use very much and I really suggest you do not go overboard because it is pretty potent and can cause irritation. I use about the size of a large pea. It does not spread that far but I concentrate on areas I need it most and spread it out. It sinks in rather quickly and I did not feel greasy just lightly moisturized. That being said it is NOT a heavy duty moisturizer it is more of a treatment night cream so you will need to moisturize after to prevent the dryness and flakiness you can get from using retinol products. For my oily skin, I apply an eye cream/oil/ceramide cream to my eye area first and to the edges of my mouth then apply this cream in order to prevent it from irritating those areas. Because I have oily skin, I can use this all over without extra moisturizing every night and only top it off with another moisturizer on occasion.
I have only been applying at night, 2-3 nights consecutively and then taking a night off.
I only carry it up to my undereye area ONCE during that time and only very lightly.
I mention this just as a possible caution because the second night of use my undereye was a little red, dry, and irritated the next morning for a day or two and looked terrible but it subsided and my skin got used to it pretty quickly. I can now use it under the eye with no issues and actually it was what fixed issues another product caused for me in this area.
The rest of my skin's texture is looking improved already and my blemishes, although, not gone were smoother and less angry looking as well. My skin tone does, in fact, look evener.
After using this cream for a little over a month and finally finishing my first jar, I can honestly say my skin looks a lot smoother! Has it erased fine lines and wrinkles? No, but I am pretty impressed with the changes in my skin so far. It also fully repaired my under eye area that an eye cream I had tried caused to look very crepey, dry, irritated. I was scared my under eye would never look the same again. I tried everything from oils, Nivea cream, to ceramides etc. CereVe helped it to not look so dry but it was this cream after about 3 weeks had fully repaired and took me back to where I started, thank goodness!

Side note:
It is not fragrance-free and does have a weird floral type scent that I could do without as it is not very pleasant. Thank goodness it does dissipate after a while.
It says you can use it night and day but I would start off using it one or the other, personally I would use only at night because retinol can make your skin more susceptible to sun damage. I have tried it during the day when I stayed home and it wore fine under my makeup using only a light layer.
It is a little on the pricier side $24-26 and I have even seen it for $29 at some local stores.
I only gave in and purchased it because Target had a $4 off coupon.