Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45
Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)
NOTE: this formula has been re-named Active Dry-Touch *sunscreen* SPF 45, however the inactive ingredients have changed.

on 10/16/2016 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Ive been using this for 3 years now. There was sometime in the middle of those years i didnt use ang sunblock because i was too lazy. So before my face was normal to dry and this worked wonders on me, my face now is more to the sensitive dry side and it does feel a bit greasy at first but just dab the residue a little and it all feels like 3 years ago again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a person with oily skin I've been searching for a good sunscreen that won't leave me looking shiny and greasy an hour after applying. This stuff is it. I apply this sunscreen, top with primer, then dust my face in loose powder and have no problem staying matte for the majority of my day. Highly recommend this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE IMAGE BRAND'S OILY SKIN SUNBLOCK WITH ZINC OXIDE BETTER, BUT THIS PRODUCT IS EXCELLENT FOR OILY, ACNE-PRONE, SENSITIVE, AND COMBINATION SKIN. USE IT THREE TIMES PER DAY EVERYDAY, AFTER CLEANSING, IF POSSIBLE. THE SLIGHT CHALKY, WHITISH TINT CAN BE FIXED WITH PUR 4 IN 1 TINTED MOISTURIZER/FOUNDATION OVERTOP IT. I ALSO PREFER NEUTROGENA'S TINTED MOISTURIZERS, SKIN CLEARING AND MINERAL MAKEUP LINES.

on 4/20/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you have dry skin, this may not be for you! First off, let me just say, that I have dry skin. I also use Retin A, which dries my skin out further. This was the worst sunscreen that I've ever used. Literally 5-10 minutes after application, dry, flakey, and peely spots/areas would pop up around my mouth and chin, around my nostrils, and high up on my cheeks under my eyes. The only thing decent about this sunscreen is the packaging, which is standard squeeze tube packaging. I actually went through a whole other tube of this and a quarter of a new one. I had to exchange the new tube. Even when I didn't apply any foundation or concealer, it would dry out my skin. And then on top of that, accumulated dryness after using for 3 or 4 days in a row, would just make my face/skin feel and look like the desert! It is just horrible. This also prevented me from being able to use a lot of different foundations, because I actually thought it was the foundation drying my face out. One tube does last a long while. It did protect my face/skin from any sun/burning etc. It did not cause a white cast after application. It sinks in the skin very well, and it doesn't feel greasy. It did not cause any breakouts. The price on this is great. I just could not deal with the excessive dryness that it caused. If you have oilier skin, then this may work. I just find it so much easier to buy a sunscreen from a store that I can actually see, feel, test, etc, so I didn't venture outside of the drugstore. I exchanged this for Aveeno Active Naturals protect + hydrate sunscreen lotion broad spectrum spf 50 for face. It is working very well, so far (*knock on wood*). Like I said, if you naturally have dry skin, this very well may not work. I will never try or use this again, and I just can't recommend it based on my experience with it.
*EDITED TO ADD*
I highly agree with a previous review that this irritates my eyes very badly! I take precaution when applying around my eyes, but despite being very careful, this burns and irritates my eyes badly! I've never had this problem with other sunscreens, like I have had with this one. I even tried applying it with a concealer brush, and a minute later, burning/stinging, redness, and irritation occurs just the same. I would try using relieving eye drops. The drops helped for a split second, but then it just mixed with the sunscreen and made the irritation even worse. My eyes looked horrible.

on 4/16/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very nice sunscreen. Very nice finish. But sometimes it stings my face a bit. So I'd rather try something else once I run out of this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because the Ultra Sheer SPF 30 has been my go-to drugstore sunscreen for a few years now, so I figured why not bump the SPF up a little bit? Oh no-they are surprisingly dissimilar. The active ingredients are the same four chemical sunscreens, with the percentages tweaked a bit, but the base is different. The SPF 30 is decent cosmetically, leaving a sheen on the face but no white cast. This one is really, really white in a way I've never seen from a non-physical sunscreen before.
It is really difficult to rub in without leaving streaks. But even when I finally got it to rub in completely, it left a terrible, ghostly blue-white cast. I caught sight of myself in a mirror under bright store lighting, and I looked ill. The ghostly look does not fade through the day as with other sunscreens. It somehow compounds and gets worse. Really, I could have been in a play about consumption, because by evening time I looked sickly.
This may be worth a try if you wear a full face of makeup, but for bare skin days, I just don't see how it could ever work.

on 3/11/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this sunscreen and it's the first thing I apply whenever I get out during the summer mornings. I personally found it to be effective in blocking sun rays, especially around the facial areas. It also makes the face look glowy and soft on application which is why it's my alternative to make up or maybe for days where I don't feel like having anything on my face. I personally don't recommend this to be used as a body lotion though as it takes up a lot of the cream if you were to use it all around your body. Because of this reason, I rank it slightly less than a 5.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The fact that this doubles as a primer for foundation due to its texture is the reason I'm giving it 5 stars. It reminds me of the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel, which is awesome stuff. Honestly, it beats out some of the more expensive primers in my stash, like Smashbox Photo Finish, Sephora Smoothing Primer, and MUFE HD Primer.

I like those, but honestly, the texture of this *WILL* go much further in preventing your foundation from settling into fine lines and wrinkles. It seems to make foundation look a bit softer and almost hazy, like antiaging foundations promise to do. So if you want to see what those foundations are like, just use this under your regular foundation and it will give you the same effect. As usual, just wait 5 minutes for the sunscreen (primer) to settle before you apply foundation.

Of course, the main purpose of this is to protect skin from sun damage and signs of early aging, and it does a really great job of that, too. It's just nice to know that this serves more than one purpose. So for those of you who (like me) don't necessarily trust the SPF in foundations or buy the kinds without it, give this a try. I hope you love it as much as I do, because this squeeze tube lasts a really, really long time if you only use it on your face.

on 3/4/2016 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm totally in love with this sunscreen! my face is oily and acne prone and I tried a lot of sunscreens I mean it A LOT! I never consider repurchasing any of them. They broke me out left a white sheet on my face or were too oily. But this one did nothing of that! it soaks and it feels too soft and refreshing it keeps my face dry and protected all day!

I bought the two-pack of 3.0 FL oz because it was on sale.

Definitely dries to a soft, matte touch-- if you time your moisturizing right. Shower, pat dry, toner (with time to sink in), moisturizer (just a little bit, because this sunscreen is pretty moisturizing, and I let that soak in for at least ten minutes), and THEN I put this on.

Thin layers, a little at a time. If you put too much of it on at once, it's hard to soak in and it can leave a faint white cast.

It has a very soft, clean smell, but otherwise it isn't noticeable (and I have horrible allergies, especially to artificial scents).

I wear it every day (or at least try to!) and it doesn't break me out.

If you're using a facial sunscreen, remember to put it on your neck, too!