Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

4.2

on 5/24/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is the first oil I have ever tried on my face! My forehead and my T-zone in general gets disgustingly oily so I was really afraid of how my skin would react to this. I've been using it for a month or so and it hasn't broken me out. I started using it mainly for the reason that my cheeks and chin get really dry and dehydrated and I hoped that this oil would make them more moisturized. It isn't as hydrating as I thought it would be. I have recently also heard that using oils regularly on your face might actually make it more dry in the end, so I try to use it in moderation.

This has made my skin feel noticeably softer and more supple. It's too rich for my face to handle, but I use it as a treatment on my hands overnight (2 drops per hand), followed by a cream to seal it in (La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+). This combination has done much more for my skin than any 'fancy' hand creams I've tried in the past. Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids to keep skin moisturized and protected. I've read it can also be anti-inflammatory.

There may be cheaper brands of rosehip oil available, but as this brand is so popular, I can be assured that I'm getting fresh oil with its skin-beneficial components at full strength.

SCENT: I have read that the unrefined oil can smell fishy to some, but I am very sensitive to fishy odors and it doesn't smell anything like fish IMO. To me, it smells more like underripe fruit - a pleasant green scent less sharp than grass and ever so slightly tart.

A definite repurchase for keeping my hands looking and feeling great!

on 3/26/2018 4:15:00 AM

My skin is prone to breakout, blackheads, closed comedones so I was kind if scared to try a facial oil. I think it's a great product, it smells really nice, feels good on my skin and it sinks in quite fast. However, I can't use it every day because it clogs my pores. I use it usually 3 times a week. It really helps keep my hydrated since I use adapalene and BP. Overall I would recommend this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Straight up, this is great value. I've used several brands of rosehip seed oil ranging from cheapo (this one) to outrageously expensive, but given the price point I doubt I'd stray from this one. In general, I love rosehip seed oil because it helps with healing acne scars and gives my skin an overall brightened appearance, but as with all natural oils, YMMV, so if you're not sure how your skin will react, this product isn't exactly a huge risk. Supposedly rosehip seed oil is rich in Vitamins C and A (retinol, essentially) but I've had no adverse reactions using alongside acids or niacinamide. As far as quality goes, I couldn't be happier. It's dark orange in color and smells faintly herbal/green, which I personally find pleasant but others may not. If it smells strongly of anything genuinely off putting or oil has become brown and/or gloopy, it has gone rancid and you shouldn't use it. I ordered from the Sephora website -- please be sure you're buying from a reliable supplier. Packaging is standard for The Ordinary - product is dispensed via pipette, which is fine, and the glass is tinted to protect the oil from sunlight. Yes to repurchasing, yes to using twice daily. I love this stuff! Don't forget to supplement with proper sun protection.

on 2/27/2018 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say what it is about this but I wake up and my face is almost glowing. It's been great at reducing flakes from my acne treatments.

on 2/11/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never tried pure rose hip oil before, so I don't have much to compare it to quality wise. But either way it's been doing a great job keeping my skin in check during this winter. I don't use it every night, but perhaps 3-4 times a week, and always after using more drying products. It's pretty emollient and doesn't sink right in, but I'm okay with that since I only use it at night time. The scent that some people are complaining about I think is just the typical natural oil scent. You get over it. It's very affordable, and the packaging is good. The dropper works well, too, which in my experience isn't always the case when it's a cheaper product. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this at some point, even if I would like to try a rose hip oil from another brand to be able to compare the quality. For now, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

+ Cruelty free
+ Cold pressed and pure oil
+ Inexpensive
+ Good packaging

on 1/23/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very basic product. Moisturizes skin, wouldn't call it a miracle product. Quality for the price point, and doesn't hurt to have on hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my HG products and I wouldn't/couldn't be without it! It's incredibly hydrating and my skin looks and feels incredibly healthy. It's no wonder so many people rave about it!

This is a very high quality, low-priced face oil that is comparable to some of the more high end oils that I usually purchase. My favourite go to face oil is my Josie Maran Argan oil, so this is the basis of my review. This has a very nice rose scent and sinks in quite quickly into my skin, so it layers quick well under makeup. It’s not as thick as the Josie Maran, but I would definitely consider purchasing this in the summer. For the winter months, this is just not emollient enough for my parched skin. Right now, I need to pull out everything in my cabinet to keep my skin hydrated at night.

As a girl with some serious issues with skin congestion and breakouts, The Ordinary cold-pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil is a godsend for me. I generally abstain from oils and even most serums because they are just too heavy on my skin and cause me to immediately break out. This is very frustrating for me since I also have dry skin that can get very dehydrated without that extra boost of moisturization. I've found that this is the best oil to use on my skin to improve hydration and reduce pigmentation. I use it at night as my last step before I go to bed, or during the day if I'm at home with the heat on all day as that can really wreak havoc on my skin. I will be totally honest, this oil doesn't feel light to me at all, although rose hip is generally understood to be a lighter oil molecularly. It feels rather greasy when you first apply it and has a distinct fish oil scent. This doesn't bother me personally, but some may be averse since it doesn't have that elegant feel and scent. When I wake up the next morning though, I always notice that my skin feels more hydrated, bouncy and glowy that the previous day. I also have never experienced a breakout from this oil, which is a huge bonus for me. Overall I do recommend this oil for those with dehydrated yet acne-prone skin. It is of course beneficial as well for dark spots, sun damage and/or hyperpigmentation, however be known that it will take time for this type of oil to work for that type of skin issue. For myself, I do have a lot of scarring on my face due to prior acne, and while this oil doesn't really seem to significantly diminish this type of scar, it does help for more recent acne.