Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have combination skin and my HG moisturizer is Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel. I mix a drop of this oil with it every morning when I moisturize my face! It helps it spread more easily, helps my skin feel glowy, and doesn't break me out. Definitely a staple.

on 10/6/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I confess, I almost threw this product out! I'd heard so many great things about rose hip oil and was really excited to try it when I found it for such a great price. I followed the instructions and put it on over my moisturizer as the last step to my evening skincare routine. I woke up with an awful breakout! Closed comedones and pimples, it wasn't pretty. I let my skin recover and tried it again. Same result. I let the bottle sit in my cupboard for a few weeks before reading a tip about mixing the oil into the moisturizer instead of layering it on top. Well I tried it, and NO BREAKOUT!!! I've been using one drop in my night moisturizer every night since (and it's been a few months now) and my skin feels softer and more hydrated.

on 9/23/2017 8:23:00 PM

I love this rose hip seed oil. One of my favorite products from The Ordinary and which I have already repurchased. It comes in a dropper bottle which has UV protective coating. I tap on several drops all over my face as well as to my chest and back of hands. It is quite greasy at first so I apply only at night but it gradually sinks in and leaves my skin very soft. I have also been applying generously to the backs of my hands along which unfortunately show a lot of signs of age (hereditary thin skin and age spots) but lately they seem to be looking better which is probably due to this and the Ordinary 2% retinoid I've been using. I've noticed that over the past year, since I've incorporated Deciem products in my skin care (both the Ordinary and Hylamide) including the HA, retinoid and vitamin C as well as the oils, my skin is rarely dry or flaky and is looking softer, more moisturized and even-toned. I follow the advice on their website to not use more than 3 products in one session so alternate the products on different days/nights. But lately I always find it helpful to use the rose hip seed oil every night followed by a light moisturizer to lock in the oil.