Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

4.1

I noticed no difference at all with this product and it smelled revolting. Like rotten fish. I was shocked because it's easily the worst of the products I've tried from The Ordinary. My skin doesn't seem to agree with oils, regardless of the brand, but this one in particular was not a good experience.

on 9/5/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

I bought a bunch of oils and I was expecting to really like this one, due to all the hype. However, I found that it went on very oily and never really absorbed as well. It also left a brownish tinge and hubby said it smelt like blood, lol. If you have aging sensitive skin that's prone to acne, try borage seed oil instead. That's a keeper.

on 8/25/2018 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Really good oil and at an unbeatable price. I mix with a couple of other Deciem oils and love how they absorb into my skin - best face oils I've ever used.

Have repurchased this several times. It’s the best value rosehip seed oil I’ve tried (Pai, Trilogy, A’kin). It does all the things that rosehip oil should - moisturise, improve skin tone, elasticity, reduce inflammation. It is also almost always out of stock in stores so it’s good to plan ahead when repurchasing.

It doesn’t sink into the skin as beautifully as Pai’s Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil, or make my skin as bouncy, but it’s also less than half the price.

The only drawback is that it seems to go off and smell rancid MUCH faster than all the other rosehip oils I’ve tried, maybe they keep their prices low by buying old stock that is near expiry? I just keep it in the fridge from the moment I buy it and it is fine, otherwise it will really start to stink and feel like you’re smearing sardine oil on your face. Definitely do not bring it with you on holiday to a hot country (never making that mistake again!)

on 7/26/2018 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another beloved product from The Ordinary that I may have sensitized myself to - The Ordinary Rosehip seed oil was for over a year my Ride-Or-Die facial oil. I loved that it was a dry, non-comodegenic oil loaded with vitamin A that sunk into skin quickly. I loved the natural rooty smell and I felt so crunchy-granola and lux at the same time when using it.

So what went wrong? Not only did I overuse actives (and discover some shiny new environmental allergies) I used this oil in the middle of a show and the combination of the hot dressing room lights followed by a night locked in my car in the middle of December wreaked havoc on the contents. The color and rooty smell went off, yet I kept using it for a day or two. If you ever want to develop an allergy, use an expired product, bro! #DUMB

I bought a fresh bottle but kept having issues. (rednesses, hives, scaling) Now that I have my allergies under control, I'm going to start reintroducing products to see if and how I react. My skin needs may have changed, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rosehip oil if it works for you. It's good stuff.

on 7/10/2018 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Let me start by saying that I adore TheOrdinary. It's almost impossible not to like their philosophy and their products.

But with Rosehip oil? I have to admit that most reviews are extremely favorable and it was like this product is a total game changer. It was also suggested to me by Deciem as the last step of my routine. Well, my skin hated it.

I have no particular problems, my skin is healthy with no major issues and I look much younger than my age.
I found this oil too heavy, unbearable to smell, it somehow fuelled my oily prone skin to big time oily and I think I had a minor reaction to it (redness on my cheeks). I guess it was to much for me.

on 6/25/2018 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've read about rosehip seed oil benefits and it does to our skin and i was so excited to try this as it was my first oil to put on my face. I have a dry skin and a bit sensitive, the first time i used it was before i go to bed and the next day i woke up my face had red spots and sooooooo itchy. I was so confused as this is an organic oil. I tried to use it the next day and the feeling still there itchiness and my face have small bumps like I've been bitten by a mosquito. So i stopped using it the third day and the itchy feels had lessen and now i just use it for my elbows and knees area which are really dry. If you have a sensitive skin and wanted to try this product i recommend you to do patch test on your neck or on your wrist first for a week if it's nothing happens then you can continue it onto your face. Lesson learned patch test everytime you use a new product!!

on 5/24/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is the first oil I have ever tried on my face! My forehead and my T-zone in general gets disgustingly oily so I was really afraid of how my skin would react to this. I've been using it for a month or so and it hasn't broken me out. I started using it mainly for the reason that my cheeks and chin get really dry and dehydrated and I hoped that this oil would make them more moisturized. It isn't as hydrating as I thought it would be. I have recently also heard that using oils regularly on your face might actually make it more dry in the end, so I try to use it in moderation.

This has made my skin feel noticeably softer and more supple. It's too rich for my face to handle, but I use it as a treatment on my hands overnight (2 drops per hand), followed by a cream to seal it in (La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+). This combination has done much more for my skin than any 'fancy' hand creams I've tried in the past. Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids to keep skin moisturized and protected. I've read it can also be anti-inflammatory.

There may be cheaper brands of rosehip oil available, but as this brand is so popular, I can be assured that I'm getting fresh oil with its skin-beneficial components at full strength.

SCENT: I have read that the unrefined oil can smell fishy to some, but I am very sensitive to fishy odors and it doesn't smell anything like fish IMO. To me, it smells more like underripe fruit - a pleasant green scent less sharp than grass and ever so slightly tart.

A definite repurchase for keeping my hands looking and feeling great!

on 3/26/2018 4:15:00 AM

My skin is prone to breakout, blackheads, closed comedones so I was kind of scared to try a facial oil. I think it's a great product, it smells really nice, feels good on my skin and it sinks in quite fast. However, I can't use it every day because it clogs my pores. I use it usually 3 times a week. It really helps keep my hydrated since I use adapalene and BP. Overall I would recommend this product.

UPDATE - this gave my the worst breakout of my life! I had high hopes for this product, and it was the first facial oil I tried. Now I'm kinda scared to try other oils.