Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

3.9

i have read that rosehip seed oil is great for acne-prone skin and can help with post-inflammatory marks/scars. this is the only rosehip seed oil i've ever tried so unfortunately i can't compare it to other brands. ironically, this oil caused me to break out, but at the same time it healed a lot of redness that was left from past breakouts. i'd recommend trying this oil but be aware that it isn't a miracle product for everyone. i found it really difficult to spread on my face because rosehip seed oil has less slip than other oils; i mixed a few drops in with aloe gel so that it was easier to apply.

on 2/11/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never tried pure rose hip oil before, so I don't have much to compare it to quality wise. But either way it's been doing a great job keeping my skin in check during this winter. I don't use it every night, but perhaps 3-4 times a week, and always after using more drying products. It's pretty emollient and doesn't sink right in, but I'm okay with that since I only use it at night time. The scent that some people are complaining about I think is just the typical natural oil scent. You get over it. It's very affordable, and the packaging is good. The dropper works well, too, which in my experience isn't always the case when it's a cheaper product. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this at some point, even if I would like to try a rose hip oil from another brand to be able to compare the quality. For now, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

+ Cruelty free
+ Cold pressed and pure oil
+ Inexpensive
+ Good packaging

on 1/23/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very basic product. Moisturizes skin, wouldn't call it a miracle product. Quality for the price point, and doesn't hurt to have on hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my HG products and I wouldn't/couldn't be without it! It's incredibly hydrating and my skin looks and feels incredibly healthy. It's no wonder so many people rave about it!

As a girl with some serious issues with skin congestion and breakouts, The Ordinary cold-pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil is a godsend for me. I generally abstain from oils and even most serums because they are just too heavy on my skin and cause me to immediately break out. This is very frustrating for me since I also have dry skin that can get very dehydrated without that extra boost of moisturization. I've found that this is the best oil to use on my skin to improve hydration and reduce pigmentation. I use it at night as my last step before I go to bed, or during the day if I'm at home with the heat on all day as that can really wreak havoc on my skin. I will be totally honest, this oil doesn't feel light to me at all, although rose hip is generally understood to be a lighter oil molecularly. It feels rather greasy when you first apply it and has a distinct fish oil scent. This doesn't bother me personally, but some may be averse since it doesn't have that elegant feel and scent. When I wake up the next morning though, I always notice that my skin feels more hydrated, bouncy and glowy that the previous day. I also have never experienced a breakout from this oil, which is a huge bonus for me. Overall I do recommend this oil for those with dehydrated yet acne-prone skin. It is of course beneficial as well for dark spots, sun damage and/or hyperpigmentation, however be known that it will take time for this type of oil to work for that type of skin issue. For myself, I do have a lot of scarring on my face due to prior acne, and while this oil doesn't really seem to significantly diminish this type of scar, it does help for more recent acne.

This is a very high quality, low-priced face oil that is comparable to some of the more high end oils that I usually purchase. My favourite go to face oil is my Josie Maran Argan oil, so this is the basis of my review. This has a very nice rose scent and sinks in quite quickly into my skin, so it layers quick well under makeup. It’s not as thick as the Josie Maran, but I would definitely consider purchasing this in the summer. For the winter months, this is just not emollient enough for my parched skin. Right now, I need to pull out everything in my cabinet to keep my skin hydrated at night.

on 1/5/2018 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Another good product at a great price! I use this at night, usually on nights when I’ m not using an acid. It absorbs and moisturizes well and gives me a nice glow. I don’t notice an odor unless I put it right up to my nose and inhale, but it is very similar to a light sesame oil (not the toasted kind).

on 1/2/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$9.80 for 30 ml.(about 1 ounce)

I like this and have used rose hip oil for a couple of years now. I originally purchased it to use with my moisturizer on my legs in the winter because they are always dry since I shave every day.

Now, I use it 3 ways. Added to my facial moisturizer only if my skin feels dry, which it rarely does. With the humidity in Florida, and my skin, I don't think I have ever had a dry patch on my skin but sometimes in the winter it feels a tiny bit dry so I add ONE drop of this to my moisturizer. It sinks in and never sits on my skin. I used it alone one time and I did not like it. My face felt oily and it made my hair oily over night so that was the end of that. If I mix just 1 drop with my moisturizer that doesn't happen. I also add a few drops to whatever body moisturizer I use and that makes a huge difference in my skin.

The #1 reason I love it is that I always add 1 drop and only one drop to whatever foundation, BB or CC cream or tinted moisturizer I use. Mix it on my hand them apply.. You can do the same with almond oil or other oils but I prefer the rose hip, almond or marula oil. it completely changes the way any foundation looks on me. My pores are minimized, foundation doesn't settle into lines as much and it glides on and looks absolutely flawless. It does not make my skin oilier, I notice no difference in oiliness whether I use it or not but I sure notice a difference in my foundation's appearance. I do blot with a single layer of tissue to remove any excess oil and press the pigment into my skin before I powder. Perhaps if you have really oily skin or acne it might affect it, I have neither so I can't address that but it sure works for me and at night when I wash my makeup off I can definitely tell my skin is softer and looks better.

It really doesn't have much of a scent but it has zero rose fragrance. If you smell it in the bottle it doesn't smell good but it's not really bad either. When I first smelled this one I thought it had a very faint fish oil smell, I would just say it basically has no scent. When you add a drop or more few drops to other things I can't smell it at all.

Description from the website: water fee, alcohol free, silicon free, nut free, vegan, cruelty free

This formulation uses 100% pure Rosehip Seed Oil that is both cold-pressed and organic. Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, all of which degrade when the oil extraction process involves heat. While cold-pressed extraction is complex, it preserves all of the quality of this important oil which has been shown to reduce signs of photo-ageing and many other skin conditions.

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.

Our Rose Hip Seed Oil is completely unrefined and imparts a natural scent partly due to its high omega fatty acid content. This scent is not an indication of rancidity. Rose Hip Seed Oil that does not have a scent is refined and offers reduced benefits.
Directions

Apply once a day to the face, ideally at bedtime after application of water-based treatments.
Ingredients

Rosa Canina Seed Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smelled horrible. Broke me out. Not worth it. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I tried using this on its own I wasn't a fan of it plus I incorrectly assumed it was breaking me out. However after mixing this with literally any moisturizer I get an amazing glow and I could see a difference in my skin after only a few days. Just be careful, it's pretty runny and a lot can fall out of the dropper even if you aren't squeezing it