Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

4.6

on 11/16/2017 2:47:00 AM

I'd heard of the benefits of rose hip seed oil so was very excited to be able to try this at such a low price. Unfortunately this is an average oil for me. It's definitely on the more moisturizing side which is good & it does not break me out (I am very acne prone and have combo skin).

Quality wise, despite a product being 100% oil there can still be variations in quality amongst brands and I do believe the quality is lower here.

The feel of the oil is much heavier and oilier than other oils I've tried. It does not absorb as nicely and looks visibly oily. I notice after only about a month of owning the product there was some build up/crystallization/crustiness happening around the edge of the bottle.

Would I recommend rose hip seed oil in general? Sure, but there is nothing special about this specific product, especially since if you go to health food stores they actually do sell rose hip seed oil sometimes for around the same price. This one is just more cosmetically marketed.

on 11/7/2017 8:12:00 PM

First time using rose hip oil or really any oil directly onto my skin (I used to have really oily acne prone skin so one feared the use of oils..)
But now that my skin is pretty normal and I no longer have acne I love using this as part of my routine.

I've only been using it for about a week or two. I apply like 6 drops to my skin at night after the rest of my skincare has all soaked in, and my skin looks so glowy. In the morning when washing my face Ive noticed my skin feels smoother and during the day my skin feels noticibly really soft.
I don't really use it in the morning anymore because I've noticed teeny tiny bumps on my chin and sides of my nose I'm assuming is from having too much oil. So I only apply it once a day. I'm hoping it improves my skin alot more after a longer period of use and really hope it helps with my red acne marks (PIE)

on 10/29/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I only tried the ordinary rosehip oil so far so good,mostly I use this as moisturizer right after exfoliating or deep cleansing that leaves my skin little bit more dry , I wake up with plumped glowing skin, it also gradually fades any dark spots on my face , which is not expected from an oil to do !!! But this one actually does .. will continue to use this .

on 10/29/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really dont like a lot of the Ordinary products. But this one delivers. It is good for combo acneprone skin. It hydrates and it does not break you out. I really like mixing this with moisterizers. It is light weight. Plus, the price is excellent for the quality.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have combination skin and my HG moisturizer is Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel. I mix a drop of this oil with it every morning when I moisturize my face! It helps it spread more easily, helps my skin feel glowy, and doesn't break me out. Definitely a staple.

on 10/29/2017 9:14:00 AM

Great product.

on 10/6/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I confess, I almost threw this product out! I'd heard so many great things about rose hip oil and was really excited to try it when I found it for such a great price. I followed the instructions and put it on over my moisturizer as the last step to my evening skincare routine. I woke up with an awful breakout! Closed comedones and pimples, it wasn't pretty. I let my skin recover and tried it again. Same result. I let the bottle sit in my cupboard for a few weeks before reading a tip about mixing the oil into the moisturizer instead of layering it on top. Well I tried it, and NO BREAKOUT!!! I've been using one drop in my night moisturizer every night since (and it's been a few months now) and my skin feels softer and more hydrated.

on 9/23/2017 8:23:00 PM

I love this rose hip seed oil. One of my favorite products from The Ordinary and which I have already repurchased. It comes in a dropper bottle which has UV protective coating. I tap on several drops all over my face as well as to my chest and back of hands. It is quite greasy at first so I apply only at night but it gradually sinks in and leaves my skin very soft. I have also been applying generously to the backs of my hands along which unfortunately show a lot of signs of age (hereditary thin skin and age spots) but lately they seem to be looking better which is probably due to this and the Ordinary 2% retinoid I've been using. I've noticed that over the past year, since I've incorporated Deciem products in my skin care (both the Ordinary and Hylamide) including the HA, retinoid and vitamin C as well as the oils, my skin is rarely dry or flaky and is looking softer, more moisturized and even-toned. I follow the advice on their website to not use more than 3 products in one session so alternate the products on different days/nights. But lately I always find it helpful to use the rose hip seed oil every night followed by a light moisturizer to lock in the oil.

Popular Moisturizers