Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

4.1

on 11/15/2018 11:26:00 AM

I introduced this product into my nightly routine when the weather started to turn cold. My skin is very oily and I get some acne/whiteheads on my chin and forehead. After using this for a bit I notice my skin is less oily and much more hydrated. I have also noticed less acne. I plan on repurchasing if it keeps helping my skin.

on 11/15/2018 11:07:00 AM

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

ROSEHIP OIL:
I find it's best to rub it in your fingers and then gently tap onto skin: 2 drops for cheeks and chin and one drop for forehead is more than enough. It's quite oily so I've only used it at night so far, I'm not sure how it would work under foundation but I've bought some Ordinary foundation and will experiment.

I've also used it on my neck and chest where I had a bit of chicken textured skin and it has smoothed that out, it feels at least 80% smoother!

on 10/26/2018 11:34:00 PM

This product was kind of a mixed bag for me. I bought it expecting to help nourish my skin and help soothe/smooth acne. I have oily skin and don’t like the richness of this oil; it is hard to spread. So I would mix this with aloe gel and apply all over the face. After about 2 weeks of adding this mixture to my routine, my PIE (flat, red marks left behind after acne) had faded a lot. However, my pores were still slightly congested, which cleared up when I removed this product from my routine. I tried re-introducing it several times, but would get clogged pores each time. This is the only rosehip seed oil I’ve ever tried, so I may just be sensitive to the oil in general.

on 10/23/2018 4:41:00 PM

Using my thirth bottle. Amazing oil. Especially in the winter. But I use it also in the summer. In the beginning I felt that the oil was just sitting on the skin. When I used it as a last step in my routine. After nightcream. Now I use it together with my nightcream. Alex Steinherr x Primark Sleep mask is my nightcream. Match Made in heaven. The gel Cream is a perfect match with the oil. I love it!

on 10/5/2018 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 10/10

I've purchased this oil twice now, I really love it. It's moisturising but sinks in quickly and doesn't feel greasy. I feel like this would be a good oil for oilier skin types. Has a nutty smell which I quite like. Super cheap and great product.

on 10/5/2018 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This has become one of my favorite oils.
It has a nutty smell that doesn't linger for long.
I use it at night, when I go to bed, it's on my nightstand. You only need a couple of drops for the entire face and neck. Amazing on the lips, too. Next morning skin is soft and glowy.
I think it's a winter oil though, esp for my oily skin.

on 10/5/2018 2:19:00 AM

The yellow/orange colour of the serum seems to leave a slight tint on my skin. I do not like the smell of this at all and it takes long to fade. It’s quite difficult for me to tolerate. Overall I don’t like this oil and probably won’t finish using it.

on 9/30/2018 11:48:00 AM

I really like this oil. I have used Rose based oils for a long time with great results.

I found that The Ordinary rose hip oil is just as efficient as other more pricy oils.

I use it mostly at night, it helps smooth and calm my skin. I noticed after using for a few weeks my skin appeared to be brighter.

I noticed no difference at all with this product and it smelled revolting. Like rotten fish. I was shocked because it's easily the worst of the products I've tried from The Ordinary. My skin doesn't seem to agree with oils, regardless of the brand, but this one in particular was not a good experience.

on 9/5/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

I bought a bunch of oils and I was expecting to really like this one, due to all the hype. However, I found that it went on very oily and never really absorbed as well. It also left a brownish tinge and hubby said it smelt like blood, lol. If you have aging sensitive skin that's prone to acne, try borage seed oil instead. That's a keeper.