4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Just lovely. This is the scent that you can’t forget or substitute. Truly one of a kind. I understand that it’s not a scent for everyone. It’s pretty strong at first- very ginger-y, and a bit citrusy. Sweet and sour at the same time, even a bit oriental. It has a “zest” that may put off people who prefer gentler, sweeter scents. The combo of ginger and bitter orange definitely contributes to it. After it settles down the woody notes become more prominent. It’s very long lasting. A little goes a long way. My favorite of all Hermes’ fragrances, tied with Terre Intense Vetiver and Rhubarbe Ecarlate. The other 2 are men’s fragrances but well, I find most mainstream womens fragrances too sweet for my liking. My other favorites include Miss Dior EDP (2017 formulation)- my signature scent, Miss Dior Le Parfum, Tom Ford Noir Eau Extreme (yep, another men’s perfume). Overall, go and smell it. You may fall in love.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

This is a perfume that will lie to you. Smells completely different on dry down from when it first sprays out the bottle. The packaging and the ingredient listing of ginger are misleading. If I were the product designer, I would have hose a blue bottle with a night time design. At first whiff, the ginger comes off stronger and it almost smells like licorice. It dries down to a subtle scent that almost smells like musk but not powdery and you can tell it's not musk. What I'm saying is that the florals balance out the ginger well. The ginger keeps it from being too flowery and the florals tone down that initial whiff of ginger which would otherwise be too spicy. My last description of this would be: riding in a car with the windows down at night time, with cold breeze coming through. Or maybe just women with leather purses walking down some famous street in New York or Paris. I get a night time vibe for sure and I want to say a big city vibe. I can see how someone could easily write this off as an old lady fragrance due to the slight muskiness but if you smell carefully it's not quite like that. Similar scent is Burberry London. Definitely a good one for tuberose lovers who want to see how the tuberose who don't want a super floral scent.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

from

8 months ago

This is a very different take on tuberose, with the ginger and sandalwood adding unexpected notes. There's an airness to it that is very pleasant. It is a five-star fragrance according to Turin and Sanchez.

About reviewer (763 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

Christine Nagel is one of my favorite perfumers and she has her signature under many scents that I like, from good old Theorema to Miss Dior Cherie. The One is a staple of mine and I think her Guerlain Elixirs put a big smile on those of us who enjoy sweet fragrances. Obviously, her talent is not limited to sweet things. Still, I'm often apprehensive when I'm about to sample something from Hermes. This is because I'm a big fan of Ellena's work in Jardin series and can't avoid comparing everything to them. It is those fragrances that taught me to notice depth and enormous complexity in seemingly minimalist fragrances. Twilly is pleasant but doesn't give me the enormous pleasure I derive from some other Hermes creations. To my nose, this is a dry citrus fragrance that gets a bit, just a bit of spice kick from ginger. A very clean tuberose adds a tiny sparkle to it. With everything so clean, Twilly could have been screechy in the wrong hands. It isn't. It is a nicely balanced fragrance with calm woods and calm everything. Jour d'Hermes was a creative fragrance that unfortunately had an off vegetal note on me - that vase water thing. Twilly smells like a younger, calmer citrusy sister where the edges have been even more rounded. Unfortunately, it doesn't transport me and I expect that at this price range. When I want something along these lines, I'm still happy with some Acqua di Parma fragrances that are yes, louder and perhaps harsher, nevertheless more exciting for me. I love the salute to Charlie Chaplin with the hat. 3.5

About reviewer (571 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

Beautiful scent! I get lots of compliments

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

2 years ago

Love it!!!! Spicy , feline, floral..., get some ginger , lots of tropical flowers..

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

OMG!!! This frangrance is heaven! It is very difficult to find a fragrance that 'suits' me and lasts all day. This one is just great. My new HG under the perfums. The bottle is oh so cute (not that important, but adds a positive note). Pity it is expensive, but it is worth every penny.

About reviewer (314 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

For $100 for a 1 .7 oz EDP, there is not way this is bottle-worthy - as i do not tend to go for spicy scents. Twilly is spicy-sweet with herbaceous notes. Fun and playful yet sophisticated - but it just does not delight me.

About reviewer (2422 reviews)

Age44-55