Too Faced I Want Kandee Banana Pudding Brightening Face Powder

Too Faced I Want Kandee Banana Pudding Brightening Face Powder
I Want Kandee Banana Pudding Brightening Face PowderI Want Kandee Banana Pudding Brightening Face Powder

3.7

The Too Faced Banana Pudding Brightening and Setting Powder is a nice option that actually delivers on its promises to brighten skin tone. It does have a banana cream scent to it so if you are sensitive to fragrances this might be something to avoid. I am usually very sensitive to perfumes but this did not bother me, probably because this wasn't an over the top floral scent. If you are looking for a setting or brightening powder this would be a decent one to consider. I usually use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and do love the soft look it gives me, but using the Too Faced Banana Pudding Powder was a nice change of pace.

on 9/22/2017 1:40:00 PM

I think this is a new product, it was in the front display area at Ulta. I like yellow tinged face makeup, it works for my light to medium coloring, and since I don't wear blush, it helps to brighten and add a touch of warmth to my skin. This was around $30 and I would definitely buy it again.

There is no real banana scent, which was a little disappointing, it just has a slightly sweet scent. It goes on very sheer, and is almost invisible on the skin, so don't expect a lot of coverage. Doesn't look heavy or cakes or settle into fine lines. I would say it's more of a finishing powder, so I wear it either over moisturizer or over tinted moisturizer. I have normal skin, tend to need a touch up after 4 or 5 hours with most powders, but with this one, I barely need a touch up at all, it has great staying power! I can't compare it to other Too Faced powders, because this is the first of the brand I've tried...but I'm definitely impressed!

on 9/20/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There are cheaper banana powders out there. Ben Nye makes a finely milled loose powder that you can buy in various sizes. For $16.50, you can get 42 grams of Ben Nye’s powder. The Too Faced I Want Kandee Banana Pudding Brightening Face Powder is $30 for just 9 grams. However, the Too Faced powder is pressed which makes it less messy than Ben's sifter jar.

The pressed pan is yellow but it has little flecks of pink and blue and green in it. It has a brightening effect on my skin applied lightly, but if I overdo it, it is noticeably yellow. (For reference, I wear NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid.) Therefore I use it sparingly. It can be useful for compensating for temporary surface redness from sun exposure. I think medium skin tones may enjoy this more and can get away with using a heavier hand. Although I can set my undereye concealer with Banana Pudding Powder, I still prefer Charlotte Tilbury’s Airbrush Flawless Finish Pressed Powder for that purpose. Her powder sinks imperceptibly into the skin and looks more natural to me. However, the Banana Pudding Powder is more pigmented and better for color-correcting.

Too Faced formulated this face powder to smell like banana pudding. The vanilla is most noticeable to my nose. If you have sensitive skin that is easily irritated by fragrance, this won't be a good choice, but if you’re a fan of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes and peach palettes, you might enjoy having a scented banana powder.

I don’t consider this to be an essential item for people who have never used banana powder before or people who do not have a specific purpose in mind for the powder. I like it, but it’s not something I reach for every day. I did not notice a pore-blurring effect.

However, I do recommend it for people who have been applying banana powder on a daily basis for years and suddenly need a travel-friendly option. Banana Pudding Brightening Face Powder comes in a handy compact with a mirror. It is a good substitute for your usual yellow-toned loose powder because it won’t scatter all over the inside of your suitcase, and the size is better for packing.

INGREDIENTS Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zea Mays Starch/Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum/Fragrance, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Silicoaluminate . MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77242), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Video Reviews & Tutorials