Glossier Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream

Glossier Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this! Smells great and is hydrating! Just re-ordered

I was a little skeptical on this one before trying it - I was particularly worried it would be too sparkly. I'm not in a sparkly moment in life (all respect to those who are). But Glossier got the shine just right on this for me. It makes my skin look moist and glowy, but not glittery or weird. And it is really thick and moisturizing. I love the texture - it comes out almost firm, and it still absorbs quickly. I'm in Canada and it's winter, and I have dry skin to begin with, so I need something that really works, and this does. I like the smell too. These days I rotate between this one, various Aveeno products, and Kiehl's creme de corps, and I have to agree with the previous reviewer, I think the Glossier one beats them all in terms of richness and long-lasting moisture. And while it's not cheap, it is cheaper than Kiehl's. Use my code to get 10% off a first purchase (full disclosure, I'll get a store credit; please delete if not allowed) http://bff.glossier.com/hSina

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've only had this for a day, so I'll update if things change, but there are so few actual reviews at this point that I figured any info could be helpful.

It definitely works in terms of hydration. The consistency and feel is like a butter, but it soaks in as well as a lotion. I used this once after my shower this morning, and it's now after midnight and my skin still feels softer than it usually does. For reference, I'm currently on my third tub of Kiehl's Crème de corps, and as much as I hate to admit it, my skin feels better with body hero (blasphemy, I know). I'm curious how effective it will be in the dead of winter.

It looks very pretty going on, but I was a bit disappointed with the lack of "shine" this gave. My skin didn't look dry, and you could tell I had moisturized, but I guess I was expecting the sort of shine you'd get with a salve (or the kind in the ad campaign, lol).

The smell: I was really worried about the scent, because the "fresh, baby-like scent" description online seemed both vague and contradictory. Turns out it was spot on. It almost smells like someone took the strong powder notes out of a baby oil or sunscreen and replaced them with light citrus and floral. I love it. There's something that feels nostalgic or...retro? about the smell, and it's fun and cozy and refreshing at the same time.

The packaging: This is the first time I've opened a package from glossier and didn't think, "Oh, it's smaller than I imagined." Very easy to control the amount that comes out. It will probably be difficult to get the last bit of product out, though.

Overall: So far I'm very impressed. Glossier has been a hit or miss for me, but this time I'm really glad I fell for their marketing.

Popular Lotions / Creams