Bobbi Brown Sandy Nudes Eye Palette

Sandy Nudes Eye PaletteSandy Nudes Eye Palette

1.5

on 1/5/2018 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so happy to find this at a discounted price! Then I discovered why it was like that. The shades are mediocre at best and lack a look of depth to make the eyes a visual pleasure to yourself and to others. The only way that happens is if you use a sparkle shade every single time and for me I don't want to use a sparkle shade every single time. I like satin's and mattes as well, they can look elegant and very dressy more than sparkle often. I'm glad this palette was discounted because I would have been very upset if I had bought this at full price for the range of shades this has. I used a brush to blend them but I found that my finger worked better. I will use this for a dab of sparkle when needed but that's all it's good for in my makeup bag. Oh well........

on 9/15/2017 3:36:00 AM

This is an expensive palette and I expect a premium product for this price. This was a very big disappointment.

The darkest shade is too dark to blend, it's only for a very dramatic smokey eye. The darker metallics lack pigment and just give you a glitter finish (such a shame, as they look so beautiful in their tray but that just doesn't translate on your skin). Only the silver one works in that respect and it's lovely.

The mattes are also a bit problematic. The flesh-coloured one is amazing: a pigmented, super-flattering, great transition shade. And that's about it. The others are not pigmented enough to shade and contour (although they are very finely milled which is always lovely). It just takes A LONG time to build in any sort of meaningful colour. It takes ages and I don't have the time.

For this price, two great eyeshadows and 6 misses do not amount to a good product. I do not recommend.

****
EDIT/ Update: I have found the dark shade to work very well with the 224 MAC brush on the outer corners of the eyes. As soon as i tried a fluffier brush, I could blend this to a beautiful finish and it's not harsh anymore. Rather, a more sophisticated night-time look. It's very dark, yes. But with the right brush, the finish is great and your smokey look doesn't crease- a common problem with the more intense looks. Still, two lippies as it's now 3 greats against 5 so-so's and the price is crazy for that ratio. Also, these crease like CRAZY. It's kind of impressive that you get such a meh result for such a high price.

Top Rated Eye Shadow