Too Faced Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Palette

Too Faced Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this when on sale at Sephora (about $22). So far so good but firstly the cons - and there is only one: I love peach smells but this is a very artificial/chemical-smelling one and very strong at that! Literally hits my nose as soon as I open the palette. Luckily it doesn't last long. Now onto the (many) pros...

- Fallout is less than most other palettes I've used
- These shadows all have great pigment, blend very easily and the mattes are very creamy
- It's complete and very easy to achieve a full eye look using just this palette
- There's a good range of shades, from warm browns to dark browns, plum, pinks and peaches
- It's versatile - can be used for natural daytime looks as well as for more dramatic night looks
- Lasts me up to 12 hours when used with an eye shadow primer (Urban Decay primer Potion is a good choice)
- Beautiful packaging - comes with a big mirror, yet small compact case and a magnetic closure, perfect for travels!

Definitely a re-purchase for me.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/18/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a sucker for the peach scent, but these shades are unflattering for my skin and eye color. I will not purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love a good warm peachy matte palette. The color selection is very warm, yet it has a good variety of light to dark color which I appreciate. The colors actually appear brighter and peachier on the eyes than it appears on the pan. The packaging is magnetic and solid, safe for travelling. The formula is easy to blend, lasted a long time even without primer, and pigmented. Just like any other Too Faced palette, this one is also scented. The scent is sweet and creamy, but not too much, which I actually like.

This was 50% off on Sephora few months back. I honestly wouldn't purchase this if this were on its full price, considering that I have a lots of (warm) palettes that I haven't hit pan on. But we all love a good bargain, don't we? I also saw lindseyrem's review on this previously, and this is the 2nd palette I bought because of her. Didn't regret a thing!

Overall, I don't have anything bad to say about this palette, but considering that it is scented, understandably there might be some people who will dislike this. Therefore I don't recommend this for people who prefer more neutral to cool color selection, and people who are sensitive to fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A matte version of the highly popular Sweet Peach palette. Less peachy in fragrance, by the way, in case it bothers you that the original peach palette is strongly fragranced. Likewise, there is no SACCHARINE in the palette so you don't get that sweet taste from the dusting up as you apply the shadows (notice that with the Peach Palette? Kinda weird.) You get twelve all matte shadows from cream to dark burgundy brown. It more or less works like the Kylie Burgundy palette but without any shimmer shadows.

I find that in a way, I get a better eye than from the Sweet Peach palette, more color payoff. Yet I don't get a good eye look unless I work hard at it. But there are a few colors that are essential, such as the Peach Tea, a warm gold peach and the Fresh Picked, an orangey peach. Peach Tea is a great transition shade for the crease, those golden warm shadows work well (like Peanut Butter from the Chocolate palette.) Orange shadow is said to brighten the eye and give you some warmth and life, so Fresh Picked is a useful shadow. These colors make my green eyes look very green (green absorbes reddish light and reflects green, so my eyes, which are a dark mossy green get a lot brighter.)

Of the two palettes, I'd say unless you must have shimmers, this is the better choice.

The packaging is a heavy metal squarish enamel with a big mirror unencumbered by a frame. If you like mattes and orangey burgundy pink tones, this is for you.

on 3/23/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I first looked at this palette in the Sephora website the colours looked amazing! I have Olive Tan skin and I love how warm toned purples and corals look on me. I didn’t have many eyeshadow palettes, so when I saw all the good reviews on this palette I was like you know what? I might as well buy it.
When I got it I started swatching, and I didn’t like it at all for some reason. The light shades on the left were so powdery they blended away, I can’t even use them, but the warm transition shades were amazing! The shade that I was excited about the most was Peach Sangria. But it swatches so bad!! My Zoeva and morphe eyeshadow brushes barely pick it up, so I was like I should just try to apply it with my finger and then blend the edges, but nope, it doesn’t work as well. I was so disappointed. Anyways the 3 darkest shades on the right swatched the best.
But sadly, all of the shades barely show up on my eyelids. I tried everything to make this work. I can use like 5 shadows in total that was a waste of money wasn’t it?
And by the way- the colours in real life look so much brighter, I wish they were as muted as they look like swatched in the Sephora website.
In conclusion, I spent so much money on palettes that don’t work, I should invest in something gurenteed to work- Natasha Denona palettes for example. Expensive but worth it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this palette and I honestly use it almost everyday. I'm usually not really an all matte palette person. I tend to stick with a mixture of mattes and shimmers. This palette is an exception to that rule. I just love the color selection and the fact that there's no black!! I can honestly say I use every shade in this palette regularly. They are blendable, easy to work with and very pigmented. They are slightly powdery but this can be easily remedied by tapping your brush off before applying. This is hands down one of my top 5!!

on 2/1/2018 7:47:00 AM

Damn I hate to be the one to bring it down but I’m thinking maybe I got a bad batch. I’ve wanted this since it launched but just ordered it along with the white peach. I was never too into all matte looks but I’ve been really into my tarte palette so I was excited to get this. This is really pretty but it’s njst not doing it for me. The packaging is so cute, I don’t really Like the smell. I think the other peach palette smells better. I feel Like these shades either blend away to nothing or go patchy. I noticed today the darker cooler brown in my crease had blended away so I added some more and blended a bit and just looked in the mirror at work and look patchy at. Embarrassing. I’ve been using this the past few days, I feel like I have to Keep dipping into the lighter ones to set my eye. I used one of the peachy ones on my lid and was pleased but then I realized I created an exact look with the sweet peach palette. I much prefer the mattes in the tarte palette for everyday, those blende so well, never look patchy and don’t fade to nothing when blended. Sad this didn’t work for me but $45 for shadows that blend away or for a look I can get with something else I already own isn’t worth it. I’m taking it back.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My favourite palette of the moment. I don't have many eyeshadow palettes and it took me a long time to see the appeal of warm eyeshadows. I am obsessed with the presentation of the palette first of all - heavy, sturdy, cute, and nicely scented with the shades perfectly arranged in an ombre layout. I especially love the shade peaches and cream for transition shade. Before this palette I didn't even use transition shades, but because this one is in the palette I use it to blend out the edges and it makes everything look so much better in a way that's difficult to explain or point out. Peach Sangria is beautiful too. The dark brown shades make good liners. You can create a neutral look with this using the white shades, peach tea, and the dark brown shades. They are not the most creamy or pigmented but NOT in a low quality way, this actually makes them easier to work with in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite palette at the moment. I love the shade range. I haven't come across anything like it - similar, but not the same. All the shadows are truly matte, except for Peach Sangria, which I think is a bit more satin or shimmery. The colours blend out beautifully, and I've had very little issue with fall out. I think this should be a staple for any makeup collector. If you're going to have one palette and one palette only, this is one to consider getting. Even the packaging is great; it's practical, secure, and the mirror is a great size. I highly recommend it.

on 1/3/2018 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ve been really into pink and peachy shades lately, and I’ve always had a love for matte shadows. This palette combines both with gorgeous pinks, peaches and brown shades. I have green eyes, and the colours really bring out the green and make them stand out. The shadows are pigmented and blendable, and range from soft neutrals to brighter pinks and peach shades. The palette is also versatile, you can create light daytime looks or smoky evening looks. I definitely recommend the palette for the price.