Jouer Rose gold

3.0

1 review

on 9/13/2017 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Jouer rose gold powder highlighter. The color of this highlighter is a gorgeous peachy pink, with a golden sheen. After seeing swatches online and reading raving reviews about Citrine, its sister, I decided to pick it up. The package is nice, sturdy and contains a mirror. However, the product inside does not live up to its claims. It’s supposed to be a “creamy, powder formula” that is “long-wearing, highly pigmented” and gives a “lit-from-within glow.” But when you touch it, it immediately feels very dry and gritty. I also spotted little flecks/chunks of glitter ... Luckily it's not full of glitter, but visible specks of glitter on my face is just not my cup of tea, even if there are ten instead of 100. I want the subtle 'glow from within'! When applying the highlighter, I definitely have to work it into the skin with a brush, in an attempt to minimize/erase the glitter. The result is so-so: a nice peachy color with a golden sheen, but the glitter just puts me off.. Disappointing, because nowadays in the drugstore there are tons of very creamy, velvety highlighters that are so easy to work with. So not worth the price.