Maybelline Brow Tattoo Gel Tint

3.0

This is a great brow gel. It has tremendous staying power. It lasts all day and does not smudge or fade at all. It looks the same in the evening as when you applied it in the morning. I do find that it does come off when I wash my face at night so I don't get more than one day of wear from it. I find it looks very natural. I use a brow brush to apply it though. The applicator that comes with it goes on very heavy so a brow brush works better. What I like the most is that it actually colors the hair and not just the skin underneath the hair. My eyebrows are very pale blonde and it looks strange to have pencil on the brows but the hair still is pale blonde. This gel not only covers the skin but the hair as well. Highly recommend.

My review is negative because I have been eagerly awaiting the release of such a product, so it was with *great* anticipation that I headed to my local Wal-Mart where a friend told me she had seen it on the shelves. Well, it seems 35% of the female population has been ostracized from using this product--apparently it's only marketed to blondes, and those with light to medium brown hair. Those of us with dark brown, brown-black, or black hair were not included as part of Maybelline's target market for this particular product. Mutually non-beneficial and fiscally irrational. What color hair does the person who had the final say on the color selections have, Maybelline? I'm willing to bet it's on the lighter end of the spectrum. Self-interest, folks, self-interest.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a older member (62 years young!), I've found my eyebrows have faded with age. Worse yet, some hairs have gone completely white - not a good look IMHO. I could tweeze out the white hairs but that would make them too sparse. Other brow products (pencils, crayons) don't cover up the white hairs. On the recommendation of a cosmetic counter clerk, I bought this product to conceal those white hairs (she told me that she had recommended it for other older women with white brow hairs.) I use Soft Brown and it keeps my brows from disappearing. As well, it is long wearing. The only issue I have (the same with most mascaras) is that I have to blot the wand before using, otherwise I will get some clumps of product. For me, the brows look good all day without the colour fading (I use Soft Brown). Recommend for anyone who has white brow hairs/aging faded brows.

I'm kinda on the fence. I like it somewhat but it's not worth the work. I use a pencil to lightly outline my brows and a tiny bit of powder for filler, then this over top. It kinda helps meld all the tones together, and while it looks super dark at first, if I apply it b4 washing my face it'll lighten up enuff to be ok and my brows look filled in and stay on. It's easier tho to just use a pencil and powder bc u can control the color better...this by itself is just plain dark, even in the blonde tone it's near darkest-brown. That's why I wash it off as I wash my face. It doesn't really come off a lot so u keep ur shape and most of the color, it's just not so in ur face dark. Overall it's a nice tool to have in ur brow kit if ur brows are thin but it's useless by itself. It's also a bit pricey for what it is. For the cost of this I could get a great brow pencil in an appropriate color. Not bad but def not my HG.

I really like this product, everything except the colour. I find it easy to apply, not uncomfortable while it sets and it lasts as long as it says (also extremely satisfying to pull off !) But I used the medium brown and I find it goes ginger. I’m going to try dark brown next and see how that goes, if the dark brown stays dark brown I will continue to buy this product until I get bored of it haha!

I used to get my brows tinted professionally but the hassle of going in regularly put me off it. This seemed like a convenient and cheap way to go back to tinting. I bought this when it was half price, so figured I had not much to lose from trying it.

I read some people found the colours too orange. I bought the grey brown to avoid this, and while it was slightly greenish as some people complained of, I didn't find it to be a massive issue. It was a subtle green tinge on me that was only noticeable because I searched for it.

It wasn't terrible - it did tint my brows and lasted for approximately the 3 days it promises. But I just prefer the control and more natural look when I use my Anastasia Beverly Hills pomade, despite the added effort. This would probably suit someone who really can't be bothered doing their eyebrows every morning and who just wants them to appear darker or thicker without having the ombré/light-to-dark effect that makes brows appear more natural.

Another issue I had was with the applicator brush. It lacks precision and the gel goes on as a big clump so it's very easy to accidentally overdraw.

This didn't work for me and I wouldn't repurchase but I can't say it's an absolutely horrible product - it just doesn't give me the look I'm after.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item with Great Expectations, but after following the instructions to the letter, I found the Dark Brown version of Brow Tattoo to be very POOR QUALITY.
I actually had left this on for over the two hours recommend for the 3 day tint.
As soon as I removed the peel-off tint, the tint peeled off with it !This was not strong enough to semi-stain my skin, LET ALONE FOR 3 DAYS!
Great marketing using the beautiful Gigi Hadid who has brows like the Wychwood Forrest.
Completely useless on my Spartan thatch.
Also why no BLACK OPTION? My eyebrows (what there is of them) are Black not Brown.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was so excited to purchase this product as I have thin eyebrows. The thought of having them look fuller for a few days with such little effort was very enticing. I purchased this in Medium Brown as the colours are much lighter when you remove the "tattoo". Anyway, the first time I applied it, I washed my face immediately afterwards, which is a big no no as the tattoo removed completely. The second time I applied it to clean skin and left it on for about 2 hours. The product is the consistency of thick honey and you apply it with a brush. The brush is tiny. You need to be able to draw a decent brow shape or follow the line of your normal brows if they are a decent shape. The colour in the tube looks very dark on application. Medium Brown looked almost black! Once applied to your liking, you sit back and let it work for about 2 hours. 20 minutes will not be enough - believe me!

So it definitely peels off cleanly, but the colour payoff isn't great. My Medium Brown was almost a light blonde/brown and it seemed to have a slightly reddish tinge. The colour barely lasted 2 days! You should not wash your face straight afterwards and I made sure not to wash my face until the next day. It is also important not to have any serums or creams on your face when you apply this. Overall, it is a very disappointing product and I would not recommend it to anyone. I think they brought a good idea to market, but it doesn't work. It is not a "tattoo", just a very temporary stain. It is not even a flattering colour.

Oh and I watched the positive YouTube videos about this product and all I can say is that they are not truthful.

Popular Brows Products