Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.7

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 11/28/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you're an acne prone oily and sensitive gal like me with olive skintones you will enjoy this foundation a lot. This foundation doesnt crease on me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and on some days, i can get full 5 hours of wear without powdering. Just to emphasize, IM OILY AF. People used to tell me that the amount of oil i secreted on my T-zone alone could fry eggs (eww i know but point made). So if you're still contemplating this and you've got a similar skin type, i would highly recommend trying this foundation out.

on 10/5/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For those of you older makeup wearers with oily skin, remember the long-discontinued Clinique Stay True? (I used it around the time Rihanna was born). Remember when we all freaked out when they reformulated it, then discontinued it? One of Rihanna's relatives must have been bitching about the loss of it all these years, because...this works just like Stay True! There was a time in my life where I searched and searched for this kind of matte foundation, but all that was on the market was shimmer and glow. For years. And years. I am glad that matte foundations are "back", so to speak, but, alas, my skin has changed, and it's not as oily as it used to be. It's also not as tight as it used to be, especially in my eye area.

On my face, this foundation looks like absolute perfection...truly...it doesn't look like skin, but, so what? If you get the exact right color, which is possible, you don't have to worry about matching to your neck and "blending" in random spots like earlobes. This is good, because when this mama sets, she ain't blending ever again. This is bad, because, around my eyes and on my forehead, it makes me look about 106 years old. I don't even have "wrinkles"...just some fine lines around my heavy-lidded eyes, and a shallow "11" between my brows...but this seems to create Wrinkles. Eek! I find this disturbing. I much prefer smooshing some Wonderlift Serum onto my forehead, and wearing foundation that might make me "dewy", but leaves my skin smooth. Wearing this reminded me of the time I O.D'd on Retin A and had major "crepey" eyes for two weeks. I didn't want to leave the house, even wearing dark glasses and a hat.

This foundation can be washed off, thank goodness, so I can quickly make my face wrinkle-less again. I have to give this foundation credit for making me thankful for my skin! Of course, I know I will age more and more, but right now, I truly appreciate that my skin is in excellent shape.

I'm not crazy about the ingredients. This has so much talc in it. I'm not a fan of talc...I don't like its texture. Plus, talc + silica + Sodium Chloride + Magnesium Sulfate = desiccant. It's one thing to absorb oil, it's another to suck every drop of moisture out of skin. Probably most people use this with a primer, which would insulate moisture a bit. Wonder what it does to moisturizer?

Well....thank GOD for Rihanna and her ability to find a group of creative people to stand behind her and her vision to finally understand the shades of people's skin! I have had to blend two shades of foundation for most of my life to get a match and Fenty Beauty has my exact color. Foundation and matching concealer. They also have a complete color wheel of what colors go with the other products she has giving unison and cohesiveness to choosing other things from her line. This foundation is smooth with a matte finish. It smells amazing, is light and airy in feel. It covers but is not cakey and is highly buildable. The matching concealer is fantastic and covers very well without settling into creases or looking overdone. I am a huge fan!!! I went into Sephora looking for foundation because my Makeup Forver shade was out of stock. They inteoduced me to Fenty Beauty and it was a done deal. I am addicted. This is and will be my choice from here on out. Don't care about cost, I care anout performance and look. This has it. I also purchased her matte finish blotting powder in the universal shade (actually no shade at all), her lip gloss bomb which is gorgeous, and two concealers. Kudos to Rihanna for not just lending her name to a product but thinking it through carefully and demanding perfection on it. Girl....you got it right and you understand that women come in all colors!!! Warm peach and neutral beige are my summer and winter exact matches!!!

on 9/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

The shade range is amazing, so many shades and undertones available. The formula itself resembles Mac Studio Fluid, in that it shares a light, runny consistency but dries down quickly and is VERY matte. It has an annoying tendency to highlight and cling to dry patches and makes longer peach fuzz hairs more noticeable, even with a primer underneath. It does oxidise slightly, not enough to be noticeable. It has a light scent that doesn’t smell like paint as many foundations do. The price is fairly decent for an overall good quality product. Would recommend for oily-very oily skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin in a nutshell: oily on t-zone with combo skin but dehydrated. Clear skin but there's texture/some scarring on chin, jawline and sides of face from hormonal acne. I've always been slightly darker around the mouth.

Color reference: NC37-40 (depending on the time of year)

Shade matching: Initially I thought the warm shades would be my calling but they turned out to be very orange. First I tried 300 (medium to tan skin with neutral undertones), which was slightly too dark and a touch warm. Then I tried out 290 (medium to tan skin with neutral olive undertones), which was much better. 260 (medium skin with neutral undertones) was too light.

First trial: I haven't worn a medium to full coverage foundation that was this matte for a very long time. When I read that it was a soft matte with a filtered kind of look, I thought I could try something new (I go for a glowy look despite that I'm oily in some areas). Wearing this foundation with the Fenty primer made me look totally flat matte and emphasized every fine line I had around my mouth and between my eyebrows. I worked in sections to apply it with the Fenty foundation brush because it dries quickly. I found that the more you brushed over it, the more patchy it looked. I didn't set with powder but used setting spray to try to take down the flat matte look. The oil control for this foundation is great, however, my office's forced air environment sucked whatever moisture from my face. By the early afternoon, it was starting to look matte AND dry with all my fine lines coming through. By the end of the day, patches of foundation had worn off around my nose, which made it look weird because the rest of my face was still covered. My chin was looking creased and the areas around my mouth. When I got home 10 hours later, it began to pill off. However, there was no oxidization the entire day.

Second trial: I used a glowy, moisturizing primer underneath. I also used a beauty blender, which did sheer out the coverage and made the blend more seamless. However, there's a point where you have to stop bouncing or else it starts to look patchy. This time I set the foundation with a glowy-blurring powder and setting spray. The added glow products softened my fine lines and took down the super matte look to make it look a bit more skinlike. From afar it looks decent. In the office, my skin began to dry out and my fine lines became more pronounced but not as bad as the first day. I still saw creasing on my chin and around my mouth by mid-afternoon. Trying to blend the foundation a bit to help the creases makes it patchy. No oxidization.

I really wanted this foundation to work for me because of the shade range but the finish doesn't do my 33 year old face any favors. I have skin texture and fine lines that I usually camouflage with glowy products but this foundation just makes those flaws more stark.

on 9/16/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation retails for $34 US, it contains 1.08 oz of product (standard is 1 oz), and it is housed in a heavy weight frosted glass bottle with a pump.

I have this in the shade 290- medium neutral olive which is a spot on match for me. Probably one of the best foundation matches that I have used. The other foundations that match me well are NARS Stromboli, GA Luminous Silk in #6 ( to get a perfect match I have to mix 2 parts shade #6 with one part shade #5.75) and Cover FX G50+.

I currently have oily-normal skin. My skin is well hydrated and exfoliated. This foundation has a soft matte finish and I believe designed for oily or normal skin. I can see why it wouldn't work for people with dry or skin texture issues. For me, it doesn't dry out my skin but it doesn't moisturize it either. On my skin, it gives me medium coverage, feels light on the skin, and a soft smooth matte finish. It is buildable to full coverage on me. It takes 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face and I go in with .5 pump to spot conceal. I don't feel the need to add additional concealer.

The true color of the foundation is after it sets on the face. In it's liquid form it is about a 1/2 shade to 1 shade lighter. After it sets I didn't notice is getting any darker. Something to keep in mind whem choosing a shade.

The foundation itself is very liquidity buy well pigmented. The foundation sets really fast so I found it best to work I sections or use a big foundation brush that will allow you to blend quickly. My favorite brush to use with this is Sigma 3DHD Max Kabuki.

I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It looks matte enough for me. It last about 6 hours before my skin gets oily. I just using blotting sheets or powder to get rid of the shine. My foundation is still in tact after I blot the oil. I can get about 10 hours of wear with this foundation. I am sure I can prolong the wear if I used setting powder or spray but I am lazy.

I am acne prone and have been using this for 5 days straight with no issues. At this point if a foundation were to cause me to break out or clogged pores it would have shown up by now.

Overall, I love this foundation. It works really well with my skin type. It's a huge plus that the shade match is perfect.