Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 240 (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- shade range
- medium coverage

CONS

- drying
- feels heavy
- accentuates pores
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: Mmm...no. Just no. Felt heavy and looked terrible. My face looked dry and textured. It accentuated pores and came off before 8 hours. It also didn’t grab onto certain areas of my face very well. Great shade range, but it ends there.

on 2/9/2018 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin used to be very oily but now I'm as dry as the desert so I've tried this with oily skin and dry skin. With that in mind, this foundation is not suited for people with dry skin UNLESS you're willing to do the prep work. The shade 240 is my perfect match and it took me years to find that match so the prep work is worth it for me. If you're dry, you NEED to moisture really well (sometimes I'll apply my moisturizer two or three times as prep letting it soak in between applications) before using a very moisturizing primer and then I'll apply the foundation with a beauty blender.Using a mattifying primer plus this foundation is a recipe for disaster even when you're oily--trust me, I tried it. I've found this routine to work best for me--I never exfoliate right before using it either because the foundation makes my skin look really flakey, it's weird. The foundation itself is very liquidy, one pump on the back of your hand will run very quickly. Since it's liquidy it feels super lightweight on the skin but it's packed with pigment so a little goes a long way. It dries on your skin quickly and is very very buildable. I've noticed this needs a setting spray to really settle into the skin and give you that flawless finish. The staying power on this is amazing also. It lasts me 12+ hours without budging and I'm not exaggerating. I wore this to a birthday brunch at 10 am and didn't take it off until 11 pm later that night and it HAD NOT MOVED or separated, enlarged my pores, slid off, or rubbed off on accident. This is truly a super impressive foundation and I recommend it to everyone.

on 1/29/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this because you get more than what you pay for. It’s the cheapest foundation I’ve ever found of this quality. It oxidizes, so it’s best to try it in stores in your neck first.

The only thing is that my “perfect match” actually makes my face look pretty bland. I tried contouring and putting concealer on top and bronzers but to be honest I don’t think anything mixes well with this foundation.

Solution: I got a shade lighter and I wear 2 shades every day. I feel it’s worth it because in total that’s almost $70 for 2 foundations and it’s perfect for oily skin because it doesn’t go ANYWHERE and if you put s little power or use a blotting paper it’s like you’ve just done your makeup all over again! Love!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I, like everyone else was very excited about this new line of make up. It can be really hard to find a good shade for me and this line has a ton to chose from. I found my shade but sadly the foundation did not work for me. I have combo skin, leaning more towards dry with a kinda oily T zone. This foundation was way too oily for me and I didn't like the way it just kind of sat on my skin. I also felt like after a few hours it just slid off my face. It never broke me out but I only tried it for one day. Gladly I never bought the product but just took a sample to try out.

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 11/28/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you're an acne prone oily and sensitive gal like me with olive skintones you will enjoy this foundation a lot. This foundation doesnt crease on me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and on some days, i can get full 5 hours of wear without powdering. Just to emphasize, IM OILY AF. People used to tell me that the amount of oil i secreted on my T-zone alone could fry eggs (eww i know but point made). So if you're still contemplating this and you've got a similar skin type, i would highly recommend trying this foundation out.

Well....thank GOD for Rihanna and her ability to find a group of creative people to stand behind her and her vision to finally understand the shades of people's skin! I have had to blend two shades of foundation for most of my life to get a match and Fenty Beauty has my exact color. Foundation and matching concealer. They also have a complete color wheel of what colors go with the other products she has giving unison and cohesiveness to choosing other things from her line. This foundation is smooth with a matte finish. It smells amazing, is light and airy in feel. It covers but is not cakey and is highly buildable. The matching concealer is fantastic and covers very well without settling into creases or looking overdone. I am a huge fan!!! I went into Sephora looking for foundation because my Makeup Forver shade was out of stock. They inteoduced me to Fenty Beauty and it was a done deal. I am addicted. This is and will be my choice from here on out. Don't care about cost, I care anout performance and look. This has it. I also purchased her matte finish blotting powder in the universal shade (actually no shade at all), her lip gloss bomb which is gorgeous, and two concealers. Kudos to Rihanna for not just lending her name to a product but thinking it through carefully and demanding perfection on it. Girl....you got it right and you understand that women come in all colors!!! Warm peach and neutral beige are my summer and winter exact matches!!!

on 9/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

The shade range is amazing, so many shades and undertones available. The formula itself resembles Mac Studio Fluid, in that it shares a light, runny consistency but dries down quickly and is VERY matte. It has an annoying tendency to highlight and cling to dry patches and makes longer peach fuzz hairs more noticeable, even with a primer underneath. It does oxidise slightly, not enough to be noticeable. It has a light scent that doesn’t smell like paint as many foundations do. The price is fairly decent for an overall good quality product. Would recommend for oily-very oily skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin in a nutshell: oily on t-zone with combo skin but dehydrated. Clear skin but there's texture/some scarring on chin, jawline and sides of face from hormonal acne. I've always been slightly darker around the mouth.

Color reference: NC37-40 (depending on the time of year)

Shade matching: Initially I thought the warm shades would be my calling but they turned out to be very orange. First I tried 300 (medium to tan skin with neutral undertones), which was slightly too dark and a touch warm. Then I tried out 290 (medium to tan skin with neutral olive undertones), which was much better. 260 (medium skin with neutral undertones) was too light.

First trial: I haven't worn a medium to full coverage foundation that was this matte for a very long time. When I read that it was a soft matte with a filtered kind of look, I thought I could try something new (I go for a glowy look despite that I'm oily in some areas). Wearing this foundation with the Fenty primer made me look totally flat matte and emphasized every fine line I had around my mouth and between my eyebrows. I worked in sections to apply it with the Fenty foundation brush because it dries quickly. I found that the more you brushed over it, the more patchy it looked. I didn't set with powder but used setting spray to try to take down the flat matte look. The oil control for this foundation is great, however, my office's forced air environment sucked whatever moisture from my face. By the early afternoon, it was starting to look matte AND dry with all my fine lines coming through. By the end of the day, patches of foundation had worn off around my nose, which made it look weird because the rest of my face was still covered. My chin was looking creased and the areas around my mouth. When I got home 10 hours later, it began to pill off. However, there was no oxidization the entire day.

Second trial: I used a glowy, moisturizing primer underneath. I also used a beauty blender, which did sheer out the coverage and made the blend more seamless. However, there's a point where you have to stop bouncing or else it starts to look patchy. This time I set the foundation with a glowy-blurring powder and setting spray. The added glow products softened my fine lines and took down the super matte look to make it look a bit more skinlike. From afar it looks decent. In the office, my skin began to dry out and my fine lines became more pronounced but not as bad as the first day. I still saw creasing on my chin and around my mouth by mid-afternoon. Trying to blend the foundation a bit to help the creases makes it patchy. No oxidization.

I really wanted this foundation to work for me because of the shade range but the finish doesn't do my 33 year old face any favors. I have skin texture and fine lines that I usually camouflage with glowy products but this foundation just makes those flaws more stark.

on 9/16/2017 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation retails for $34 US, it contains 1.08 oz of product (standard is 1 oz), and it is housed in a heavy weight frosted glass bottle with a pump.

I have this in the shade 290- medium neutral olive which is a spot on match for me. Probably one of the best foundation matches that I have used. The other foundations that match me well are NARS Stromboli, GA Luminous Silk in #6 ( to get a perfect match I have to mix 2 parts shade #6 with one part shade #5.75) and Cover FX G50+.

I currently have oily-normal skin. My skin is well hydrated and exfoliated. This foundation has a soft matte finish and I believe designed for oily or normal skin. I can see why it wouldn't work for people with dry or skin texture issues. For me, it doesn't dry out my skin but it doesn't moisturize it either. On my skin, it gives me medium coverage, feels light on the skin, and a soft smooth matte finish. It is buildable to full coverage on me. It takes 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face and I go in with .5 pump to spot conceal. I don't feel the need to add additional concealer.

The true color of the foundation is after it sets on the face. In it's liquid form it is about a 1/2 shade to 1 shade lighter. After it sets I didn't notice is getting any darker. Something to keep in mind whem choosing a shade.

The foundation itself is very liquidity buy well pigmented. The foundation sets really fast so I found it best to work I sections or use a big foundation brush that will allow you to blend quickly. My favorite brush to use with this is Sigma 3DHD Max Kabuki.

I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It looks matte enough for me. It last about 6 hours before my skin gets oily. I just using blotting sheets or powder to get rid of the shine. My foundation is still in tact after I blot the oil. I can get about 10 hours of wear with this foundation. I am sure I can prolong the wear if I used setting powder or spray but I am lazy.

I am acne prone and have been using this for 5 days straight with no issues. At this point if a foundation were to cause me to break out or clogged pores it would have shown up by now.

Overall, I love this foundation. It works really well with my skin type. It's a huge plus that the shade match is perfect.