Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best matte foundation anywhere. It comes in the celebrated 40 shades, and true to form I can actually wear two or three of them easily. It's very pigmented, is a very matte finish (which I personally am not a fan of). But if you add a shimmery blush and highlighter, or better yet mix in some of those custom enhancer drops like from Cover Fx, it really glows! What I love best is that there are a number of shades with a golden undertone. Brown is basically orange (art smarts) so you either have a yellow brown a neutral brown or a reddish brown. Most of us medium skinned ladies need a golden undertone. In fact they are so golden in the medium shades that I can even wear what Rihanna called "neutral."

I'm Indian, and have light brown skin with a very gold vibe and 350 is my jam!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

on 12/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is currently my go to foundation. I love the velvety feel and you don't need a lot of product (I use 2 pumps for medium coverage) and it does make your skin look flawless. I was hesitant at first about this product because I have very dry skin and heard that it was very drying to the skin. However, if you have dry skin and put moisturizer before the foundation as well as a primer you'll be fine, never experienced any flakiness or clumping of foundation.

PROS:
-Don't need a lot of product.
-Various tones for any individual.
-Consistency is more fluid than most foundation, and easy to apply with a sponge, giving a vary light and natural look. (don't need to use a lot of time blending in the product)
-Do not feel like you are weighed down with makeup.

CONS :
-fairly pricey..however, its pretty comparable to other foundations in Sephora.
-Need to reapply after 8 hours (starts wearing off..)
-should use a primer , due to its matte finish fine lines may appear.

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 11/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

I have this in shade 150 and if matches fairly well though maybe a hair too dark when it dries down. Slight oxidation but really no more than most foundations. Wear time is good with or without a primer; I found it looked good for up to 6 hours or so. Medium coverage with more of a satin than matte finish. Feels light on the skin. I've found good results applying with fingers or sponge. The packaging is functional and hygienic with a solid pump. Frosted glass bottle is pretty but I can see how this would make somone apprehensive to travel with it. It's a solid foundation. I would have liked to see some beneficial skincare ingredients but sometimes makeup is just makeup. Love the large range of shades. I would purchase it again.

on 11/23/2017 8:22:00 PM

UM DRY SKIN ANYONE? DON'T POWDER USE SOME HEAVY DUTY MOSTIURE AND PERFETION

on 11/28/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you're an acne prone oily and sensitive gal like me with olive skintones you will enjoy this foundation a lot. This foundation doesnt crease on me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and on some days, i can get full 5 hours of wear without powdering. Just to emphasize, IM OILY AF. People used to tell me that the amount of oil i secreted on my T-zone alone could fry eggs (eww i know but point made). So if you're still contemplating this and you've got a similar skin type, i would highly recommend trying this foundation out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this online on the 110 shade and when I first opened the box I got nervous because it was pale-- too pale, but then I tried it on anyway and it oxidized to match my skin tone perfectly. I love how I don't get too oily on this one, unlike MAC Studio Fix where in only 3 hours I can fry things on my face; this wore on to a dewy finish that blotterazzi can fix easily. I use only one pump and blend with beautyblender; works well for me. Bit pale on the outset but I oxidize in minutes, perf match. Bit too pricey though; glad I went for the lighter shade; I was recommended 220 warm peach and the horror if i got that instead and went to oxidize like I did. 110 is a match; could probably go for 120 or 140, contemplating those shades on next repurchase.