Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 2/24/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was sceptical because the reviews are so mixed but decided to pop into sephora and get myself a sample in shade 210. My skin is medium with neutral to slightly yellow undertones and this colour is beautiful on me.

My skin is combination oily and honestly I was soooo impressed with this product. The longer I wore it the better it looked? At first I thought it was slightly drying but as my natural oils started coming through I looked my glowy throughout the day. It held up amazing and I ordered this online the same day.

I wore this product over a thin layer of sqaulane and it looked fantastic. Also I didn't find a need to powder as it set itself. I def recommend this for oily girls

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product because i loveeee riri and the color selection. But this foundation was terrible! I looked cakey and it didn’t sit well on my skin!!! My Walgreens cosmetics look better than fenty.

on 2/22/2018 3:22:00 PM

I really really wanted to love this foundation because I love what the brand stands for, but unfortunately this is just not for me. I have dry combination skin, meaning that my face overall is quite dry, but I do get oily on my T-zone during the day. This foundation dries super quickly so you have to be quick with applying it. It looked really cakey on my skin, even though I use a really hydrating moisturizer. Over the day it did get better though once my natural oils started seeping through. However, the biggest no for me is that it broke me out really badly on my cheeks. I am not usually sensitive to makeup; I don’t think that anything I’ve ever tried before has broken me out like this tbh. I looked like a bad allergic reaction on my cheeks and under my eyes, just not very pretty. I really hope Fenty reviews the formulation and comes out with a foundation for drier skin soon!

on 2/19/2018 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am not a foundation wearing gal however I had to try this out. Unfortunately I have to mix 2 colours which is just too much for me to spend on a regular basis. I do love the application of this foundation and it makes your skin look flawless! It wears great all day! I really wish I could find my exact match with one bottle, that's why I didn't give it a 5. I have heard another 20 shades are in the making so hopefully I'll find my shade then. Highly recommend

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally try this foundation but have been left very disappointed.

First - the colour oxidises significantly. I bought a colour that is slightly too light and it oxidises way too dark and ends up looking quite orange.

Second, the foundation feels very greasy on my oily skin and has broken up and looks extremely cakey and gross after about four hours. I applied it with a brush so will try and see if using a beauty blender fixes this.

My skin is not even particular oily so I’m not sure why this is happening but I definitely can’t use this foundation ongoing because it has just made my skin look awful and I normally do not have issues with my skin.

Definitely disappointing given the hype around this product and price tag.

I was really hoping to love this product, as I watch people use it on the daily instagrams! It looks so perfect on their skin, so when I bought it I was super excited, I found it to be a bit disappointing, I have combo skin, and I get dry patches every now and then, and this foundation (like most others) sticks to my dry patches, I even tried exfoliating first and hydrating primer and all that, still came off like powder and stuck to my dry patches. I liked it on the rest of my face, but it kinda dried and laid on the top layer of my skin like powder.

on 2/14/2018 9:48:00 PM

I just received this foundation a few days ago so this is a very preliminary review. I have been use Bare Minerals Bare Pro foundation which I find to be crap. But I am trying to use up the bottle. My skin is dry and I believe the Bare Pro was breaking me out. I finally decided to try this foundation. I can see this not working for dry skin as it will cling to dry patches. I also feel that it will look horrible if you try to apply too much to build coverage.

I am currently using 3 drops marula oil, 3 drops of rose hip oil and then Garnier Soothing moisturizer with rose water. I let it all skin in and then apply UD Optical blurring primer, then this foundation. It's only been a few days but so far this is all working with this foundation. I apply one and half pump of foundation. I feel like on me, anything more will be more mask like and will highlight all my flaws. I have also only applied with my hands. I am using shade 120 which matches my skin so well that people can't tell i'm wearing anything. I have never found a foundation that covers everything without being super thick and mask like. I have freckles and any redness from zits pops out on my fair skin so I consider coverage good if it evens me out. I do not use powder to set this as powder wreaks havoc on my dry skin. I only have the Too Faced setting spray and I haven't used it yet. I do think it fades some as the day goes on but I haven't found it to oxide.

I was surprised by this foundation. I was expecting it perform badly or just not work for my skin based on reviews. My favorite foundation is Lancome Tient Idole but if this continues to perform, it might bump Lancome. Lancome has a little more elegant formula but I can't beat the color match of fenty and fenty feels lighter on my skin. I find the coverage to be the same on me. Plus Fenty is about $10 cheaper. I will be updating if anything changes.

on 2/11/2018 11:45:00 AM

This has become my favourite foundation at the moment

I am in the shade 300, which is a medium shade with yellow undertones I would say.
I do think the website and swatches make the shades look a bit darker. So I was expecting more a tan shade, and although this matches me fine. I do think that some of the online descriptions are off. For reference I am 310 sun beige in maybelline and mac nc35. I think I will purchase 310 in fenty next time as I love this foundation a lot and I tan a lot so I would love a shade that will compliment me when am tan

I really do advise to shake the foundation as advised on the bottle before using. As the formula is very runny and you do want the pigment to separate.

I have a technique with this foundation. As everyone has already said, this dries hella quick. It's best to work in sections. I do one half of my face and blend, and then do the other side. I use one and a half pumps for each side. The reason being is that I like a medium-full coverage. This foundation is so easy to layer and build to get the coverage you desire as it's so buildable and non cakey. If you want a more lighter coverage then one pump on both sides would be ok.
I always use a brush and I stipple the foundation in and it literally blurs and fills my pores and covers any imperfections and pigmentation I have. I do prefer using a brush then a sponge with this foundation. As I think it gives a better finish.

So when I first ever tried this foundation. I was shook. I have large pores some texture and some redness. I have a oily T zone, but the rest of my face is dry. It's finish is really beautiful in my opinion. It's a very natrual matte finish. I get wary of matte foundations as they can make me look dull and flaky. But this literally makes my skin look smoother and re touched. It literally sinks into my skin and feels lightweight and lasts a really long time.
My favourite thing about this foundation is that it photographs beautifully.

My skin type is combo/dry. But I would reccomend this for all skin types.
I really love this, and I'm always so picky with foundation that I can't find a major flaw with it. I am going to purchase the primer as I purchased the foundation separetly. I hope I love that too.

To sum up beautiful natrual finish that looks good in any lighting and any picture. Easy to layer and build. Make up sits on top of nice of it. Powder no powder, primer no primer. This always hold up for me personally.

I was surprised I liked this so much myself. As any foundation that says matte in the title. I get nervous. This is the best matte foundation I have.

The shade range for this Fenty foundation is fantastic. I did have to sample a few shades before I settled on one shade. I found the shades do oxidize on my skin. I followed instructions from others to shake the bottle well before application and even tried applying primers on my skin before applying the Fenty foundation but it still oxidizes. Shade 320 is my perfect match. The formula is very matte. I do like to apply the foundation with the Fenty foundation brush. The formula holds up well throughout the day but the issue I have with it is that is accentuates my pores on my cheeks. By the end of the day it does not look as good on my skin like my fave foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 2/9/2018 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin used to be very oily but now I'm as dry as the desert so I've tried this with oily skin and dry skin. With that in mind, this foundation is not suited for people with dry skin UNLESS you're willing to do the prep work. The shade 240 is my perfect match and it took me years to find that match so the prep work is worth it for me. If you're dry, you NEED to moisture really well (sometimes I'll apply my moisturizer two or three times as prep letting it soak in between applications) before using a very moisturizing primer and then I'll apply the foundation with a beauty blender.Using a mattifying primer plus this foundation is a recipe for disaster even when you're oily--trust me, I tried it. I've found this routine to work best for me--I never exfoliate right before using it either because the foundation makes my skin look really flakey, it's weird. The foundation itself is very liquidy, one pump on the back of your hand will run very quickly. Since it's liquidy it feels super lightweight on the skin but it's packed with pigment so a little goes a long way. It dries on your skin quickly and is very very buildable. I've noticed this needs a setting spray to really settle into the skin and give you that flawless finish. The staying power on this is amazing also. It lasts me 12+ hours without budging and I'm not exaggerating. I wore this to a birthday brunch at 10 am and didn't take it off until 11 pm later that night and it HAD NOT MOVED or separated, enlarged my pores, slid off, or rubbed off on accident. This is truly a super impressive foundation and I recommend it to everyone.