Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.5

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.

on 10/5/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For those of you older makeup wearers with oily skin, remember the long-discontinued Clinique Stay True? (I used it around the time Rihanna was born). Remember when we all freaked out when they reformulated it, then discontinued it? One of Rihanna's relatives must have been bitching about the loss of it all these years, because...this works just like Stay True! There was a time in my life where I searched and searched for this kind of matte foundation, but all that was on the market was shimmer and glow. For years. And years. I am glad that matte foundations are "back", so to speak, but, alas, my skin has changed, and it's not as oily as it used to be. It's also not as tight as it used to be, especially in my eye area.

On my face, this foundation looks like absolute perfection...truly...it doesn't look like skin, but, so what? If you get the exact right color, which is possible, you don't have to worry about matching to your neck and "blending" in random spots like earlobes. This is good, because when this mama sets, she ain't blending ever again. This is bad, because, around my eyes and on my forehead, it makes me look about 106 years old. I don't even have "wrinkles"...just some fine lines around my heavy-lidded eyes, and a shallow "11" between my brows...but this seems to create Wrinkles. Eek! I find this disturbing. I much prefer smooshing some Wonderlift Serum onto my forehead, and wearing foundation that might make me "dewy", but leaves my skin smooth. Wearing this reminded me of the time I O.D'd on Retin A and had major "crepey" eyes for two weeks. I didn't want to leave the house, even wearing dark glasses and a hat.

This foundation can be washed off, thank goodness, so I can quickly make my face wrinkle-less again. I have to give this foundation credit for making me thankful for my skin! Of course, I know I will age more and more, but right now, I truly appreciate that my skin is in excellent shape.

I'm not crazy about the ingredients. This has so much talc in it. I'm not a fan of talc...I don't like its texture. Plus, talc + silica + Sodium Chloride + Magnesium Sulfate = desiccant. It's one thing to absorb oil, it's another to suck every drop of moisture out of skin. Probably most people use this with a primer, which would insulate moisture a bit. Wonder what it does to moisturizer?

on 10/4/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try this because it was super hyped up online. I got samples from sephora when this first launched, and tested it out before buying a bottle. I did not find my exact shade match. I am about NC10-15 and 130 was the best match, but still too dark. Since the coverage is so high you really need to match it well.

I hope if they add more shades they bring out a paler yellow shade, all the shades under 130 are far too neutral/pink for me.

I have dry skin and when prepped well it sat alright on my skin.

Not sure... I purchased online, so I did get a shade that was too light. Now I am on the fence about either getting a refund or getting a correct shade match.
One thing that I do not like is it's difficult to apply. It skips and does not glide on. I know it's a matte formula, but it seems hard to work with. When using a brush it streaks, so then you have to go over it with a beauty blender. When you use it just with a beauty blender it doesn't seem to have as much coverage, and shows pores. Plus it's powdery and dries very fast, so you have to be quick when applying it.
After it's been on for a few hours, it does look better. My skin is slightly oily in the T zone and the oils come through after a days wear, but the foundation looks nice and doesn't break apart.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.

on 9/21/2017 6:47:00 AM

I never have much trust in "celebrity" owned brands, so I only got a few samples of this foundation so I can see for myself if it's all hype or it's really a quality product, and unfortunately it turns out it's just hype, as far as I'm concerned. This is a less than mediocre foundation, there is nothing good I can say about it.

I found a shade that matched me pretty well, at least for the first 15 minutes, after which it oxidized and turned an unflattering shade of yellow. The texture was not flattering on me either, and I don't have texture issues.

Even the coverage wasn't as high as I thought, maybe a medium at best.

The lasting power is probably ok, but I had to wash it out after 5 hours as it had separated on my nose and chin (which are a bit oilier but not excessively so). It also made my skin feel itchy.

For the price and the hype, I would have expected much more.