Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.8

on 10/15/2017 6:11:00 PM

No. Just no. Like so many better foundations. I have no clue what this is offering. I mean I guess if you have perfect skin? It's like a veil. But I just found it really off. My opinion only. I have the most finicky skin. Combo. Breakout prone. Mature. Maybe best for younger girls.

on 10/10/2017 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I tried this with the primer. At first I heard angels singing- three hours later Satan was sitting on my nose.
Honestly the foundation is nice* - but no better than many drugstore products. Since the primer did not work for me either, I tried it with my hourglass primer. Same luck.

This has a liquidy consistency- dries down fast and then has that paint on walls effect. I think this works best for oily skins or moderate oil- normal skin gals or dry skin best to skip and keep looking.
Foundation is primary to any look- sadly the hype from many of these Celebrities is a one size fits all.
Had to return- life is hard enough without having a stiff matte face

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to find the perfect long-lasting, full coverage foundation to cover my rosacea. I've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear (which I regret buying); Lock It; and a bunch of others I've already reviewed :)

I. Love. This. I dot all over and use a stippling brush to blend. You have to be quick as it dries down quickly to a semi-matte, non-transferable coverage. I moisturise well and like to use Illamasqua Radiance Veil primer - I'm a combination skin with occasional dry patches.

I have 150 and could probably stand to go a shade lighter. It's got yellow undertones which is OK for me as I'm pretty neutral but others may not like it.

I do agree with other reviewers (and have knocked off a lippy) that you really need to have untextured skin for this to look nice. Under my eyes where I have lines, this looks really awful. Easily combat by using a different product there, but tbh I'd rather just use one product not a dozen. I do powder using UD Velvetizer which smooths the appearance of any texture so it's certainly not unusable - you just need to find what works for you. It lasts a full day at work and still looks lovely after a long day, especially if I use a setting spray (which I always do - currently Rimmel).

What I love about this foundation is that it feels natural and not too heavy on the skin, even though it covers all my redness. I found that ELDW for some reason wears really red on my skin, and I have to put on several layers on my cheeks. I hate it, it gets like a mask and it doesn't last anyway!

Overall, I'm really, really impressed with this foundation. If you're looking to try something new, then you could go more wrong than this foundation. It has an excellent shade range and while pricey, it's about the same as other high end products and actually cheaper than some others. Definitely get shade matched though if you can, as it does oxidise, although not (in my case anyway) to orange!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All i have to say is if you have any texture or fine lines or any dry areas on your face DON'T BUY THIS! That is all!

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

BEWARE: IF YOU HAVE DRY OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN, STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS FOUNDATION, IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a product. I was so hyped for this after the launch and hearing all the beauty gurus rave about this stuff. If I can give this product any good point, it would be the shade selection. Very fair tones can find their shade, I was matched to a 110 in store, and it was an almost perfect match. I walked into my local Sephora and got matched along my jaw, the product looked great and I asked the girl at the counter if it was dry-skin friendly. She told me it was so I paid for it and went home. At home, I took off my day's makeup and went to town to test it, and let me tell you, I freaking tried to make this work. After having tones and apply a serum, I initially tried this product without primer, and tried on one half with a BB and on the other a brush. Holy crap, it looked so bad. It looked powdery, dry and made my skin look so aged and tight. The only way I can describe this is that it went into my pores (which generally aren't an issue for me) but not on my skin? It's got alot of colour in it but not much foundation. So test number one failed, so I did my whole skin routine; I toned, applied serum, then moisturised, and topped it off with some rosewater mist, AND then applied two silicone based primers on either side of my face, one half Baby Skin, the other the Ordinary High Adherence primer. Again, looked like shit. Mildly less bad but still terrible. It caked very obviously on my nose and just looked so bad. I understand that some foundations dry quick but this is ridiculous. I assume this is full of talc and silicone because after less than 5 seconds, this thing hardens and dries up. Unusable. I live in Australia where return policies are very strict, so I'm begging to God that I can return this garbage and get a refund to buy something heaps better!

on 9/23/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The range of colors is excellent. I wondered if this would work on my mature skin - it does! I use this with the Fenty primer. It did not oxidize settle into lines or pores and it's been in the 90's the past few days...very pleased. I wear 140 which is like 117 (Y225) in MUFE. Not sure how it will behave once the weather gets cold but for now, I 'm loving it!!

on 9/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must say, the shade range alone deserves serious praise and recognition. The fact that the darker shades are selling out like crazy is proof that anyone not beige toned is being ignored by manufacturers. Good on Rihanna for finally giving the people what they have been asking for for years.

Given the crazy mixed reviews on this, I knew I had to try it for myself and draw my own conclusions. I took advantage of Sephora's deluxe sample offer and grabbed shade 220 before it ran out. I am normally not a fan of matte complexion products as they do not compliment my dry, fine lined skin. This foundation is high in silicone, as evidenced in the finish. It's definitely soft-matte, which I like and as the day went on, I noticed the finish became dewy, which I REALLY liked. There isn't any discernible fragrance and I love the packaging - frosted glass with a pump. Yay for pumps!

I applied with my RT sponge with really nice results. The coverage is definitely medium. I plan on using my RT Expert Face Brush with the next application just for comparison's sake. It dries pretty quickly and yes, it does dry down a bit darker; on my face it did slightly oxidize and break up on my nose at about the 8 hour mark. I plan to try 210 just to see if its a better match once dried down. I didn't expect transfer proof wear out of this foundation as its not advertised as one - anyone who expected that set themselves up for disappointment.

Lastly, this foundation did not cause any breakouts!!! While it doesn't replace my HG L'Oreal True Match, it's a keeper and I do plan on purchasing the full size.

on 9/21/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As a foundation junkie, there was no way that I was not going to buy this foundation. I'm also not big on celebrity brands but after spending about 8 hours on and off watching YouTube reviews on the Fenty products, I really wanted to try this.
I'm 62 years old. My skin is dry. Very dry. My skincare routine is very important to me. Because of this I was a bit nervous to try but I went to Sephora and was color matched. The two colors that were swatched were 160 and 170--Light/Cool. I took two samples home with me because I really wanted to "try before buy". (I did buy the Gloss Bomb and the primer--WOW).
The next morning, I made sure my skin was well-hydrated with serum and cream and when dried, I applied the Fenty primer. (review to come). Allowing about 5 minutes for the primer to set, I went ahead to apply the foundation. NOTE: Before applying the foundation, you MUST shake the bottle. Shaking the bottle helps the foundation to mix and you will not have any oxidation. At first I used a foundation brush and didn't like the way the brush applied. Then I used my finger to apply and blended in with a dampened Real Techniques blending sponge. This application worked like a charm. Next, I allowed the foundation to dry completely then buffed with a large buffing brush. Then I sprayed setting spray. The foundation did not feel dry neither did my skin. The finish was superior and the coverage is very, very good. I don't want a full coverage and one pump was all that was needed.
I've heard from some reviewers that contour can lift this foundation. This did not happen with me. I used the Match Stix in Amber. It is a very cool taupe and with my fair coloring is a great contour. Blush, everything else stayed put.
This foundation has been a delight. I've gotten many compliments on how great my skin looks--my husband, who can't stand foundation mentioned that my makeup looked very soft and natural. At a price point of $34, this is a great value because you don't need a lot of product. If you remember to shake the bottle it won't oxodize. Honestly, I had no oxidization at all! Hope this helps. Oh..and this cosmetics line is very "old lady" friendly!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora in 150 to try out. The colour was a little too yellow for me if I purchased I would go with something with a slightly more pink undertone. I noticed when I first applied it looked great, but by the end of the day it had shifted quite yellow. I would really suggest you try a sample before committing to a colour.

Performance wise it went on really easily with a brush and gave me great coverage. It built up beautifully over my red spots so I didn't need to use any concealer. I set it with my normal powder. I'm a very oily girl and I thought it would be drier but I did have to blot throughout the day. It wears beautifully, it's super lightweight and comfortable to wear. It has a lovely, light powdery finish to it. It remind me a lot of my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear but at the end of the day I can't wait to take off the Double Wear, it feels thick and heavy. The Fenty foundation remains super lightweight up even after 12+ hours of wear time.

Aside from the colour matching/shifting issue I really love this foundation and will definitely be going back to get matched and pick up a full-size bottle when I need a new foundation.