Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.6

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

Not a big fan of this foundation. I was excited because I have a difficult to match skin colour... I'm fair but with slightly yellow/neutral undertones.Foundations always seems to be too pink or too neutral for me. The colour was a perfect match but then it darkened two shades and started to show pink/orange undertones. NOT COOL!

It dried very quickly and isn't very buildable.If you try to build on it, it gets cakey and weird. It also emphasized my pores and lines.

It isn't a bad foundation. But for the price, I expected it to be comparable to other similarly priced brands. My last foundation was Too Faced and the colour matched perfectly and didn't darken but the coverage wasn't full enough for me. This is full coverage which is nice, but I didn't like the formula. I wish NARS wasn't so expensive because that's been the best foundation for me so far.

on 11/3/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really sceptical about trying this foundation, and I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I have extremely oily skin and acne with scarring (darker scars and “craters”). My pores aren’t horrible, but can become exaggerated depending on which foundation I use. This foundation is possibly the best foundation that I’ve tried for oily skin! I would say that it had a light to medium coverage. It dries very fast so you have to work quickly. You can layer it if you want a more full coverage, but it’s a bit difficult however it can be achieved. It fills in my “crater” scars from acne, and my pores which is lovely because of my textured skin. It creates a significantly smoother appearance. This foundation did not oxidise on me (most foundations don’t). I have fair skin, and purchased the lightest shade (100) which is actually too light, so I’ll be purchasing the shade 110 when it comes back into stock. DO NOT buy this foundation without swatching it in store first. Sephora matched me to the shade 120, which ended up being ridiculously yellow when I swatched it in store. My only criticism is that it has an unpleasant play dough scent which makes me feel nauseous. The scent lingers, even after hours of wear but it isn’t as intense as initial application. You probably won’t enjoy it if you’re sensitive to scent. I would only recommend this foundation to people with oily or normal/combination skin. If you have dry skin, stay away from this foundation because it is extremely matte.

on 10/15/2017 6:11:00 PM

No. Just no. Like so many better foundations. I have no clue what this is offering. I mean I guess if you have perfect skin? It's like a veil. But I just found it really off. My opinion only. I have the most finicky skin. Combo. Breakout prone. Mature. Maybe best for younger girls.

on 10/10/2017 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I tried this with the primer. At first I heard angels singing- three hours later Satan was sitting on my nose.
Honestly the foundation is nice* - but no better than many drugstore products. Since the primer did not work for me either, I tried it with my hourglass primer. Same luck.

This has a liquidy consistency- dries down fast and then has that paint on walls effect. I think this works best for oily skins or moderate oil- normal skin gals or dry skin best to skip and keep looking.
Foundation is primary to any look- sadly the hype from many of these Celebrities is a one size fits all.
Had to return- life is hard enough without having a stiff matte face

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to find the perfect long-lasting, full coverage foundation to cover my rosacea. I've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear (which I regret buying); Lock It; and a bunch of others I've already reviewed :)

I. Love. This. I dot all over and use a stippling brush to blend. You have to be quick as it dries down quickly to a semi-matte, non-transferable coverage. I moisturise well and like to use Illamasqua Radiance Veil primer - I'm a combination skin with occasional dry patches.

I have 150 and could probably stand to go a shade lighter. It's got yellow undertones which is OK for me as I'm pretty neutral but others may not like it.

I do agree with other reviewers (and have knocked off a lippy) that you really need to have untextured skin for this to look nice. Under my eyes where I have lines, this looks really awful. Easily combat by using a different product there, but tbh I'd rather just use one product not a dozen. I do powder using UD Velvetizer which smooths the appearance of any texture so it's certainly not unusable - you just need to find what works for you. It lasts a full day at work and still looks lovely after a long day, especially if I use a setting spray (which I always do - currently Rimmel).

What I love about this foundation is that it feels natural and not too heavy on the skin, even though it covers all my redness. I found that ELDW for some reason wears really red on my skin, and I have to put on several layers on my cheeks. I hate it, it gets like a mask and it doesn't last anyway!

Overall, I'm really, really impressed with this foundation. If you're looking to try something new, then you could go more wrong than this foundation. It has an excellent shade range and while pricey, it's about the same as other high end products and actually cheaper than some others. Definitely get shade matched though if you can, as it does oxidise, although not (in my case anyway) to orange!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All i have to say is if you have any texture or fine lines or any dry areas on your face DON'T BUY THIS! That is all!

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

BEWARE: IF YOU HAVE DRY OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN, STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS FOUNDATION, IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a product. I was so hyped for this after the launch and hearing all the beauty gurus rave about this stuff. If I can give this product any good point, it would be the shade selection. Very fair tones can find their shade, I was matched to a 110 in store, and it was an almost perfect match. I walked into my local Sephora and got matched along my jaw, the product looked great and I asked the girl at the counter if it was dry-skin friendly. She told me it was so I paid for it and went home. At home, I took off my day's makeup and went to town to test it, and let me tell you, I freaking tried to make this work. After having tones and apply a serum, I initially tried this product without primer, and tried on one half with a BB and on the other a brush. Holy crap, it looked so bad. It looked powdery, dry and made my skin look so aged and tight. The only way I can describe this is that it went into my pores (which generally aren't an issue for me) but not on my skin? It's got alot of colour in it but not much foundation. So test number one failed, so I did my whole skin routine; I toned, applied serum, then moisturised, and topped it off with some rosewater mist, AND then applied two silicone based primers on either side of my face, one half Baby Skin, the other the Ordinary High Adherence primer. Again, looked like shit. Mildly less bad but still terrible. It caked very obviously on my nose and just looked so bad. I understand that some foundations dry quick but this is ridiculous. I assume this is full of talc and silicone because after less than 5 seconds, this thing hardens and dries up. Unusable. I live in Australia where return policies are very strict, so I'm begging to God that I can return this garbage and get a refund to buy something heaps better!