Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.6

on 3/16/2018 5:20:00 PM

I love the thin consistency, I loved the range of shades. Controlled my oily tzone very well. Where it went wrong for me was my winter skin was far to dry for this foundation. So it looked very caked, dry, and all of my fine lines came through. I think if you have oily moisturized skin this could be your holy grail. I have dehydrated combination skin with lots of texture so it did not work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product because i loveeee riri and the color selection. But this foundation was terrible! I looked cakey and it didn’t sit well on my skin!!! My Walgreens cosmetics look better than fenty.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally try this foundation but have been left very disappointed.

First - the colour oxidises significantly. I bought a colour that is slightly too light and it oxidises way too dark and ends up looking quite orange.

Second, the foundation feels very greasy on my oily skin and has broken up and looks extremely cakey and gross after about four hours. I applied it with a brush so will try and see if using a beauty blender fixes this.

My skin is not even particular oily so I’m not sure why this is happening but I definitely can’t use this foundation ongoing because it has just made my skin look awful and I normally do not have issues with my skin.

Definitely disappointing given the hype around this product and price tag.

I was really hoping to love this product, as I watch people use it on the daily instagrams! It looks so perfect on their skin, so when I bought it I was super excited, I found it to be a bit disappointing, I have combo skin, and I get dry patches every now and then, and this foundation (like most others) sticks to my dry patches, I even tried exfoliating first and hydrating primer and all that, still came off like powder and stuck to my dry patches. I liked it on the rest of my face, but it kinda dried and laid on the top layer of my skin like powder.

on 1/29/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this because you get more than what you pay for. It’s the cheapest foundation I’ve ever found of this quality. It oxidizes, so it’s best to try it in stores in your neck first.

The only thing is that my “perfect match” actually makes my face look pretty bland. I tried contouring and putting concealer on top and bronzers but to be honest I don’t think anything mixes well with this foundation.

Solution: I got a shade lighter and I wear 2 shades every day. I feel it’s worth it because in total that’s almost $70 for 2 foundations and it’s perfect for oily skin because it doesn’t go ANYWHERE and if you put s little power or use a blotting paper it’s like you’ve just done your makeup all over again! Love!!!

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Pros
Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Cons
Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

This is such an interesting foundation because people seem to love it or hate it. Unfortunately, this was a mess for me. Probably the worst looking foundation I've used on my skin.
To start out, I have pale NC10 skin that is normal but can get slightly oily on my nose and chin. My main skin issue is large hole-like pores on my cheeks. I need a foundation that can glide over those pores and smooth them out while matching my skin color. This foundation didn't cut it.
I used the lightest shade which matched fairly well although it did darken about a shade. The foundation looked about half a shade too dark after darkening against my neck but looked fine head-on. Certainly lighter than many other foundations.
Before I talk about the finish, I should mention that the packaging is beautiful with a great pump. It's what all high-end foundations should be like.
Now, onto the bad. This foundation is very thin and very dry. I think it's thinness caused it to gather into every pore on my and highlight them like I've never seen a foundation do before. Keep in mind this is after moisturizing and priming my face. I even broke our Benefit Porefessional (which I don't usually like) to see if that would help. No matter what primer or application I used I could not get it to apply evenly and look smooth on my face.
The wear was not much better. Despite looking dry upon application within 4 hours my nose was an oil slick. The minimal amount of oil my skin produced was enough to break apart this foundation.
One last thing. This product STINKS of powdery perfume and the scent lingers. Seriously, imagine your granny's perfume.
I gave 2 stars solely for the packaging and shade selection, but those are the only positives I have for this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I, like everyone else was very excited about this new line of make up. It can be really hard to find a good shade for me and this line has a ton to chose from. I found my shade but sadly the foundation did not work for me. I have combo skin, leaning more towards dry with a kinda oily T zone. This foundation was way too oily for me and I didn't like the way it just kind of sat on my skin. I also felt like after a few hours it just slid off my face. It never broke me out but I only tried it for one day. Gladly I never bought the product but just took a sample to try out.

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.