Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.9

on 4/14/2019 8:05:00 PM

I bought it when It was released in my country It was really bad powdery too much which looked terrible on me like i had compact powder .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you do not have oily - extremely oily problem-free skin, you're out of luck. This foundation made my acne-prone skin look horrible! It accentuated my dry patches (some of which I didn't even know I had), my acne scars looked 10x worse, and looked so cakey and heavy on my skin. It did not look natural on me even though I have used matte foundations in the past without a problem (I usually prefer a satin finish). I didn't try it long enough to determine if it causes breakouts or not, I just couldn't stand having it on my skin. This is really disappointing, as I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about it :(

I gave it an extra lippie because of the awesome shade range and packaging.

The shade range for this Fenty foundation is fantastic. I did have to sample a few shades before I settled on one shade. I found the shades do oxidize on my skin. I followed instructions from others to shake the bottle well before application and even tried applying primers on my skin before applying the Fenty foundation but it still oxidizes. Shade 320 is my perfect match. The formula is very matte. I do like to apply the foundation with the Fenty foundation brush. The formula holds up well throughout the day but the issue I have with it is that is accentuates my pores on my cheeks. By the end of the day it does not look as good on my skin like my fave foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 12/26/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wear shade 330. I've also worn/wear Becca Bamboo, and NARS Tahoe.

It took me some trial and tribulation to like this foundation. First off STAY AWAY if you have any dryness, this will cling to dry patches like a dog on a steak. Though I would think that anyone with dry skin would stay away from anything that says matte? In my case, I don't have dry skin but get occasional flakiness from exfoliation/retin-a. This foundation was NOT my friend during those times. I also noticed this patchiness when using a brush, but I typically prefer my fingers or a sponge. I guess it wants a VERY smooth and moisturized face to behave correctly. The Fenty primer works OK with this, but I had better success with Becca's primers.

When it *does* work, it looks FLAWLESS. Because it's so finicky though I'm on the fence about repurchasing, though I'll use up the bottle I have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bottom Line: A decent foundation but the deal breaker is that it oxidizes like crazy!

Finish - Matte, but not in a drying way. The finish is beautiful and I'm saying that as someone with major skin imperfections (blemishes/ texture from acne scarring). If you have smooth skin, I could see this foundation giving a flawless finish.

Staying Power- This foundation claims to set itself and it does.I didn't use a powder or setting spray and it lasted me a good 5 hours before I started seeing hints of oil from my t-zone. With my other foundations, I have to touch up after 3 hours. Even after a full 8 hour work day, it still looked pretty good. The best staying power out of all my foundations.

Coverage- Medium-high. This foundation is definitely buildable to high coverage and a little goes a long way.

Overall: This foundation was so promising but where it fell flat was when it oxidized on me. By the end of the day, the foundation turned so dark and orange that I looked like an Oompa Loompa! Now I could just buy one a shade or two lighter but then I'd have to deal with looking like a ghost until the oxidation kicks in. It's just not worth the hassle when there are so many other foundations to try.

I am Oriental, and staying in a tropical country. My complexion colour is medium, and I have a combination of oily and dry skin, but mostly oily, with open pores. I use Pro Filt’r (No. 200) on my face except for my nose. The shade is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but there’s no different shades visible (face and neck) when photos are taken. It is long lasting and keeps my skin fresh and does not streak. I have it on for around 10 hours a day, and my skin still looks great at the end of the day. The foundation is very bendable. I apply this foundation with my fingers. No brush or beauty blender. I have tried foundation brush but I find using fingers are still the best, it blends into my skin. For my nose, I have to put on a different foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (Cool Creme no. 3C0). I find that Fenty foundation tends to streak and stays on top of my nose, doesn’t blend in easily and the different shades around my nose and cheek is visible. Before I put on the Fenty foundation, I’d apply The Porefessional as a base by Benefit.

on 6/20/2018 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Let's talk about what it says it does first...
"A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades."

soft matte - checked
longwear - checked
buildable - checked
medium to full coverage - checked
shade ranges - checked

It seems to do as it promises. Now move on to the application and why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5.

I'm a kind of tinted moisturizer/BB cream woman on a daily basis. So this foundation comes when I know I have a long day ahead or on a special event days that more neat makeup is needed.

I found using this with a primer and a beauty blender works best for me. As the foundation dries quite quickly, I put a small amount on a small area, buff it into my skin, and continue to next small area until it covers my whole face. It gives me a soft matte finish. But I tend to be oily during the day so I put on a bit of loose powder sparingly.
Applying it with my hands also works but it did not give me an undetectable finish as much as with a beauty blender.

Shade 240 matches me quite perfectly. But i'd say it does a bit of oxidizing. So I tried a shade in a shop and gave it some time to dry and set in and look back again if the color still matches my skintone. But once it dries out it stays true to the color.
The coverage is quite enough. I don't need a concealer for my average face.

And I wore it to an event of my friend which held in some hot and humid weather and at the end of the day (about 10 hours) with a bit of blotting, it still stayed and looked good on my face.

Now the part of a one lippie out... it contains not many moisturizer ingredrients in the list (as it's supposed to give you a matte finish) My skin felt quite dry after long hours wearing it. It broke me out. And if I wear it everyday it might make my skin feeling worse. However, adding a few drops of face oil was a good idea to counteract this problem for me. But why i have to spend extra money to buy face oil to use it together with. As there are many other matte foundations that do their job pretty nicely in the market.

Would i buy it again? Maybe. But new products keep launching to the market everyday, don't they?

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 4/26/2018 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I am in love with this product. It took me a few tries to get the right foundation color because at Sephora they don't always have a large variety available to test. I was first matched with 370, then 410 and I decided that 420 was my perfect match. The foundation is flawless and I love the skin like finish, only thing is that its not really long wear you would have to touch up by the end of the day. So I will keep this solely for going out wear or maybe purchase the blotting paper. But this is definitely worth purchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade 240

I like this foundation but it's haven't reach my hg status
As an oily prone skin girl, I'm thankful of this product (moreover I live in tropical country)

It does its job, but I don't find any reason to said its special.

It just work like my other foundation imo.

My mom said, she loves MUFE HD foundation better on me than the fenty one, which confuse me a lot.

But it's still worth to purchase imo, give it a try.