Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.9

The shade range for this Fenty foundation is fantastic. I did have to sample a few shades before I settled on one shade. I found the shades do oxidize on my skin. I followed instructions from others to shake the bottle well before application and even tried applying primers on my skin before applying the Fenty foundation but it still oxidizes. Shade 320 is my perfect match. The formula is very matte. I do like to apply the foundation with the Fenty foundation brush. The formula holds up well throughout the day but the issue I have with it is that is accentuates my pores on my cheeks. By the end of the day it does not look as good on my skin like my fave foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade 240

I like this foundation but it's haven't reach my hg status
As an oily prone skin girl, I'm thankful of this product (moreover I live in tropical country)

It does its job, but I don't find any reason to said its special.

It just work like my other foundation imo.

My mom said, she loves MUFE HD foundation better on me than the fenty one, which confuse me a lot.

But it's still worth to purchase imo, give it a try.

on 1/1/2018 9:49:00 PM

I have combi skin (oily at T zones and dry at the rest, especially at the inner corners of my eyes and the corners and underneath my nose). It’s also sensitive and easy to break out if the foundation is as cakey as the Kat Von D one. Also have pretty dark freckles. So usually when I look for a foundation I’d lean towards the higher coverage ones since I have the freckles AND the red spots from my dry skin to cover. Foundations with high coverage that don’t automatically break me out are usually considered a bonus, not a necessity (it’s that hard to find cos sensitive skin). This foundation is currently my HG. I have had it with me since the launch came out on Sept 17. I’ve used it in both humid and hot countries (SG) and in the cold (Japan). It works really well for both. I rarely wear makeup because I’m the kind who doesn’t wear any to work or school, only when I travel or when I go out. So when I do wear makeup, it’s usually on me for at least 8-12 hours. So to me, this is by far the BEST foundation yet (have yet to get my hands on the Huda Beauty one). To summarise: 1) Lasting power is AMAZING. Lasts super long in both hot weather (you’d probably have to blot a bit in the middle of the day if you have really oily skin as with most foundations, but nth rly major. It doesn’t even move like the KVD one. It just sort of.. fades off.) And in cold weather, it doesn’t cake up in my dry areas. With the power of the Laura Mercier LTP, the dry areas stay satin like in cold weather throughout the whole time I’m out (unless I’m having the flu and constantly need to blow my nose) 2) Colour and payoff is A+!!!! Upon getting this, you might want to try going to Sephora bare faced and trying the foundation right then and there and giving it 15 mins to settle and oxidise because it does turn a bit darker (not too much for the lighter shades like me but I heard the darker shades can take quite a turn) so for accuracy’s sake, do not I repeat DO NOT just swatch in on your arm and expect the colour to completely match your face. The coverage is high, everyone wasn’t kidding about that. A bit goes a long way if you have smooth skin with nothing much to cover. So far, I have cut down the amount of concealer I use because the coverage is so high it actually helps to cover my dark eyes as well. It is buildable as well, and does not cake up when you do. Dries down really fast to a sort of satin-like matte finish. I use a beauty blender because I feel like there is the risk of it being streaky if you don’t blend fast enough with a brush. I am in the shade 230. 3) I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like this makes my other powder makeup last wayyyyyy longer than they usually do. And it goes great with both thicker (shape tape) and more watery (UD Naked) concealers. So it’s really versatile in this sense for such a high coverage foundation because usually foundations with high coverage like this might not allow you to pile on the thicker concealers. You will only need powder to set the areas you put concealer on, the rest will not budge even without powder. 4) Price point, it’s really worth it. A bottle is probably going to last you for a really, really long time.

on 12/26/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wear shade 330. I've also worn/wear Becca Bamboo, and NARS Tahoe.

It took me some trial and tribulation to like this foundation. First off STAY AWAY if you have any dryness, this will cling to dry patches like a dog on a steak. Though I would think that anyone with dry skin would stay away from anything that says matte? In my case, I don't have dry skin but get occasional flakiness from exfoliation/retin-a. This foundation was NOT my friend during those times. I also noticed this patchiness when using a brush, but I typically prefer my fingers or a sponge. I guess it wants a VERY smooth and moisturized face to behave correctly. The Fenty primer works OK with this, but I had better success with Becca's primers.

When it *does* work, it looks FLAWLESS. Because it's so finicky though I'm on the fence about repurchasing, though I'll use up the bottle I have.

I first purchased this foundation in Paris not long after the Fenty launch. I am a huge Rihanna fan and to be honest that was my main reason for purchasing as it was a bit of an impulse buy as I was devoted to my Too Faced - Born this way foundation. However after i was colour matched at sephora i instantley fell in love with the way this foundation made my skin look. I tend to have more normal to dry skin, as this foundation has matte finish i wasnt sure whether it would be suitable.
Firstly, the colour of this foundation is perfect for my skin and the finish is immaculate. I love that this looks like skin , i love that the fact that the coverage is not full and you can build up for those days you want more coverage.
I would recommended when wearing this foundation that you prep the shit out of your skin, a good moisturiser, primer (goes beautifully with the fenty primer) and i use with MAC strobe cream which give my skin an immaculate glow. By the end of an 8 hour work day my skin is still looking amazing and my foundation has barely moved.
This formula feels so light on my skin so is perfect for everyday use and for those nights you want to opt for a full coverage you can build up without looking like a cake.
In short, this foundation has become my go to, im a slave to natural formula that doesnt have me looking like a cake. Make up shouldnt be used to conceal who we are it should be used to enhance our beauty which i feel this product does!!!
RihNavy all the way!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this online on the 110 shade and when I first opened the box I got nervous because it was pale-- too pale, but then I tried it on anyway and it oxidized to match my skin tone perfectly. I love how I don't get too oily on this one, unlike MAC Studio Fix where in only 3 hours I can fry things on my face; this wore on to a dewy finish that blotterazzi can fix easily. I use only one pump and blend with beautyblender; works well for me. Bit pale on the outset but I oxidize in minutes, perf match. Bit too pricey though; glad I went for the lighter shade; I was recommended 220 warm peach and the horror if i got that instead and went to oxidize like I did. 110 is a match; could probably go for 120 or 140, contemplating those shades on next repurchase.

on 11/16/2017 11:08:00 PM

I love this foundation best coverage looks amazeballs on the face yes it oxydizes however she did say that it would because of the amount of pigment in the foundation and suggested buying a shade lighter so when it oxydizes it's now ur shade.it looks flawless on the skin ,after 8 hr of wear it's still flawless and fresh and still lasted long after on my oily skin,packaging is great it has a pump this has become one of my HG foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bottom Line: A decent foundation but the deal breaker is that it oxidizes like crazy!

Finish - Matte, but not in a drying way. The finish is beautiful and I'm saying that as someone with major skin imperfections (blemishes/ texture from acne scarring). If you have smooth skin, I could see this foundation giving a flawless finish.

Staying Power- This foundation claims to set itself and it does.I didn't use a powder or setting spray and it lasted me a good 5 hours before I started seeing hints of oil from my t-zone. With my other foundations, I have to touch up after 3 hours. Even after a full 8 hour work day, it still looked pretty good. The best staying power out of all my foundations.

Coverage- Medium-high. This foundation is definitely buildable to high coverage and a little goes a long way.

Overall: This foundation was so promising but where it fell flat was when it oxidized on me. By the end of the day, the foundation turned so dark and orange that I looked like an Oompa Loompa! Now I could just buy one a shade or two lighter but then I'd have to deal with looking like a ghost until the oxidation kicks in. It's just not worth the hassle when there are so many other foundations to try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you do not have oily - extremely oily problem-free skin, you're out of luck. This foundation made my acne-prone skin look horrible! It accentuated my dry patches (some of which I didn't even know I had), my acne scars looked 10x worse, and looked so cakey and heavy on my skin. It did not look natural on me even though I have used matte foundations in the past without a problem (I usually prefer a satin finish). I didn't try it long enough to determine if it causes breakouts or not, I just couldn't stand having it on my skin. This is really disappointing, as I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about it :(

I gave it an extra lippie because of the awesome shade range and packaging.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.