Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bottom Line: A decent foundation but the deal breaker is that it oxidizes like crazy!

Finish - Matte, but not in a drying way. The finish is beautiful and I'm saying that as someone with major skin imperfections (blemishes/ texture from acne scarring). If you have smooth skin, I could see this foundation giving a flawless finish.

Staying Power- This foundation claims to set itself and it does.I didn't use a powder or setting spray and it lasted me a good 5 hours before I started seeing hints of oil from my t-zone. With my other foundations, I have to touch up after 3 hours. Even after a full 8 hour work day, it still looked pretty good. The best staying power out of all my foundations.

Coverage- Medium-high. This foundation is definitely buildable to high coverage and a little goes a long way.

Overall: This foundation was so promising but where it fell flat was when it oxidized on me. By the end of the day, the foundation turned so dark and orange that I looked like an Oompa Loompa! Now I could just buy one a shade or two lighter but then I'd have to deal with looking like a ghost until the oxidation kicks in. It's just not worth the hassle when there are so many other foundations to try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you do not have oily - extremely oily problem-free skin, you're out of luck. This foundation made my acne-prone skin look horrible! It accentuated my dry patches (some of which I didn't even know I had), my acne scars looked 10x worse, and looked so cakey and heavy on my skin. It did not look natural on me even though I have used matte foundations in the past without a problem (I usually prefer a satin finish). I didn't try it long enough to determine if it causes breakouts or not, I just couldn't stand having it on my skin. This is really disappointing, as I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about it :(

I gave it an extra lippie because of the awesome shade range and packaging.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm pleased with the overall Fenty makeup line. I like that the company includes colors for deepest of complexions. While other companies have done this in the past, sometimes it wasn't well done. However, thumbs up to the Estee Lauder family and Lancome for paying attention to the diversity of warm, cool and olive undertones for deeper complexions.

With that said, let's go into the Fenty line! There's a good amount of product for the price point ($34) of higher-end product sold at Sephora's. Also, while the product line pulls more warm than any other undertone, they include complexions with olive undertones. I purchased 360 which is described as tan to deep with olive undertones. Many people said on youtube that this product oxidizes. However, I didn't experience an orange casting since my color had olive undertones. I noticed the foundation became darker about 15 minutes later when fully settled or meshed with my skin. There may be a need to go a shade lighter than the suggested color, but keep the your undertone in mind. It would be best to go to the store and match your self (swatch, go outside for while, see how it looks fully dried and then decide). Try to get a sample before purchasing.

I found the product definitely matte, yet sheer, as my blemishes showed though the foundation. It's not like Estee Lauder's Stay in Place makeup which is my holy grail (Bronze-5W1). Fenty is good if you prefer lighter coverage. I used a damp sponge, so the look was sheer. It also starts to dry quickly so start applying quickly. I think this makeup works best on oily, even toned skin it may look drying or patchy on normal to dry skin.

Overall I was pleased with the texture for me and color match. I think the real test will be a full work-day, so I may have an update to share.