Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

on 5/5/2018 2:55:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation and I try a lot of high end foundations. I got this in 150 light neutral. It’s winter now and this is an exact match for my skin. I could go a little darker and blend down my neck more so it will match in summer and winter. I use ecru in doublewear. I think this is slightly lighter but perfect for me right now. This is also a little lighter than my Mac NW18 and less pink. Maybe more N15 but I’ve not tried that colour. It’s a thin consistency and a high medium coverage but buildable. Goes on beautifully with my silicone based primer (similar to the Fenty one) and a beauty blender but it dries down really quickly so work in sections. I need to moisture heavily when using this. It’s not thick on the skin but it sets and I’d never use powder over it. It’s dry enough. It looks very natural and lasts all day. It doesn’t come off with touch and I like that. Most come off round my sunglasses. I have normal skin that can run dry if I don’t look after it but I also have oily acne patches but they can still be dehydrated. The way it sets is different from any other foundation I’ve used. It’s soft matte but I think quite a unique foundation. Not dewy and definitely not cakey even when built up. Shows dry patches if skin not prep’d properly. I think I’d suggest staying away if your skin runs very dry but maybe if you use a hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray you could use this. Definitely get a sample if you have a Sephora nearby. I’ll update if it breaks me out. It’s only been 4 uses so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample from Sephora. Awful. It looked as if I had not washed my face in four days, loaded on a ton of powder foundation, and then put liquid ON TOP of the powder. I'm not joking. It's so thin, yet so cakey. It reminds me of how the wet n wild photofocus foundation looked on my skin, but worse.

This release was a joke. It had to be. It reminds me of some kind of Mary Kay cream-to-powder junk from the early 2000s. In this day and age - when BEAUTIFUL matte foundations exist - why, why, why would you make a formula like this? I really feel like they didn't put much thought into this. It doesn't have that "airbrushed" matte look. It looks like a dog took a dump on your face.

Seems like the other Fenty products are fine, but this was bad. Hopefully she comes out with more foundations.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

I went to Sephora to get color matched and the product broke me out in hives! The packaging is beautiful and I'm pleased with the variety of shades available at launch but unfortunately this product will not work for me.

on 2/22/2018 3:22:00 PM

I really really wanted to love this foundation because I love what the brand stands for, but unfortunately this is just not for me. I have dry combination skin, meaning that my face overall is quite dry, but I do get oily on my T-zone during the day. This foundation dries super quickly so you have to be quick with applying it. It looked really cakey on my skin, even though I use a really hydrating moisturizer. Over the day it did get better though once my natural oils started seeping through. However, the biggest no for me is that it broke me out really badly on my cheeks. I am not usually sensitive to makeup; I don’t think that anything I’ve ever tried before has broken me out like this tbh. I looked like a bad allergic reaction on my cheeks and under my eyes, just not very pretty. I really hope Fenty reviews the formulation and comes out with a foundation for drier skin soon!

on 2/11/2018 11:45:00 AM

This has become my favourite foundation at the moment

I am in the shade 300, which is a medium shade with yellow undertones I would say.
I do think the website and swatches make the shades look a bit darker. So I was expecting more a tan shade, and although this matches me fine. I do think that some of the online descriptions are off. For reference I am 310 sun beige in maybelline and mac nc35. I think I will purchase 310 in fenty next time as I love this foundation a lot and I tan a lot so I would love a shade that will compliment me when am tan

I really do advise to shake the foundation as advised on the bottle before using. As the formula is very runny and you do want the pigment to separate.

I have a technique with this foundation. As everyone has already said, this dries hella quick. It's best to work in sections. I do one half of my face and blend, and then do the other side. I use one and a half pumps for each side. The reason being is that I like a medium-full coverage. This foundation is so easy to layer and build to get the coverage you desire as it's so buildable and non cakey. If you want a more lighter coverage then one pump on both sides would be ok.
I always use a brush and I stipple the foundation in and it literally blurs and fills my pores and covers any imperfections and pigmentation I have. I do prefer using a brush then a sponge with this foundation. As I think it gives a better finish.

So when I first ever tried this foundation. I was shook. I have large pores some texture and some redness. I have a oily T zone, but the rest of my face is dry. It's finish is really beautiful in my opinion. It's a very natrual matte finish. I get wary of matte foundations as they can make me look dull and flaky. But this literally makes my skin look smoother and re touched. It literally sinks into my skin and feels lightweight and lasts a really long time.
My favourite thing about this foundation is that it photographs beautifully.

My skin type is combo/dry. But I would reccomend this for all skin types.
I really love this, and I'm always so picky with foundation that I can't find a major flaw with it. I am going to purchase the primer as I purchased the foundation separetly. I hope I love that too.

To sum up beautiful natrual finish that looks good in any lighting and any picture. Easy to layer and build. Make up sits on top of nice of it. Powder no powder, primer no primer. This always hold up for me personally.

I was surprised I liked this so much myself. As any foundation that says matte in the title. I get nervous. This is the best matte foundation I have.

on 2/7/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation gives me a flawless finish . Very easily buildable to give desired coverage. With one coat alone it is a medium- full coverage. The shade range is absolutely phenomenal, i would be very surprised if you cant find a shade to match your skintone. Highly recommend

on 2/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

I need someone to explain this foundation to me STAT. It isn't what I would call "full coverage" like people claim and it is not matte, it's oily. Very oily. I've tried everything to get this product to work, but it always turns to pure oil on my face within a couple hours. I will literally see oil dew (tiny little dots of oil) on my face. My skin isn't even particularly oily so I have no idea why this is happening and why people are claiming this foundation is their holy grail.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this foundation is a good foundation just not for people with ANY dryness. I got the wrong shade and that’s my bad but it fit me at first but one minute later I looked like an Oompa Loompa. This foundation settles into fine lines because I have dry skin BUT does blur my pores a little bit. Do NOT buy this if you have dry skin.