Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price , packaging, product all amazing. I have shade 170 for when I fake tan, 120 for my normal shade and 110 to lighten and mix with my other foundations. Use a beauty blender and don’t use it under the eyes. Lasts all day. Makes my skin look so smooth. It does oxidise but just choose the right shade after getting some samples. It does dry down pretty matte sometimes I set it with some powder sometimes but looks great with or with out.

on 10/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Combo skin and while it lasted well throughout the day, it was so mask-like and drying. It only looked good from afar and started causing cystic acne, and I never get acne of any kind. Also, like other complaints, it would not stay on my nose and highlighted pores. Hard pass.

on 10/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Was super excited for this to come out! Love the colour shades, unfortunately this is where it ends. I have been doing proper skin care, hydrating my skin, different primers and all that. Brush, beauty blender, small strokes in small sections... but nothing works. THIS FOUNDATION dries and makes my skin look patchy so bad! On top of that, it would never cover any sort of pigmentation problem that I had. If I tried to put anything on top of it like highlighters it would look even worse. I can't make it work at all! So I had to return, it may be that I have combination skin. IDK it just doesn't work on me... I thought I had oily skin buuut this foundation is probably made for an oil ball face! :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where do I start... this foundation is bloody amazing!! I have difficult skin. Goes through phases of being dry, then oily, then combo and breakout prone. I think the best way to describe my skin type would be ‘temperamental’ and doesn’t like a lot of foundations. Being the beauty junky I am I leapt at the February launch and ordered the foundation. While waiting on it I tried a sample which suffice to say was horrendous!! Made my skin look like a dried up piece of flakey leather and aged me about ten years. So suffice to say I wasn’t too happy I’d bought it. However when it came I was determined to at least try and work with it as everyone seemed to be raving about it. On the bottle it saying clearly you MUST shake before use and my gosh is that the truth!! After giving it a good shake and applying quickly with the Fenty sponge my face was FLAWLESS!!! I have acne scarring and this watery seemingly thin foundation COMPLETELY covered it!! No need for my regular kryolan dermacolor! It’s definitely a ‘soft’ matte as described as it’s not dry looking at all after shaking. I’m an Estée Lauder double wear girl but I’ve been converted.... feels light as air, covers like a dream and doesn’t cake! Transfer resistant and lasts a 12 hour day. For reference I’m super pale and wear shade 140 which I don’t find oxidises a whole lot on me. I’l be ordering a darker shade for when I’m tanned and can’t wait to get my hands on more Fenty products!!

I am always looking for that holy grail foundation. I prefer long wearing matte formulations. I was color matched as 160. It's a little tricky to match me because my cheeks are lighter than my nose and around my eyes. 150 initially looked good, but the redness around my nose showed. 160 is just slightly warmer and it makes me look better. I love that it keeps me matte. I don't need to blot or powder at all during the day. And it doesn't wear off over the course of the day. LOVE this foundation!

on 9/25/2017 10:37:00 AM

I'm lucky as I have a close friend with a similar skin tone who purchased this foundation (140), so I was able to try it out without actually buying it.

While it's great that this foundation caters to so many different tones, this is definitely not a product for dry skin. I have combo skin, and my dry areas looked very cakey after I applied it. I gave it about an hour to settle in, and it still looked like a tight cement mess that sucked out all the moisture out of my cheeks. And yes, I did heavily moisturize and used a spray after applying. My oily areas looked good. The finish was satin and very natural, with medium coverage.

I think that the bottle is great, I love the array of colors/tones, but in the end I don't think this is a product for me. Might work better with oilier skin.

on 9/21/2017 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was so hesitant to purchase this based on all negative reviews on here.. but I'm so glad I ignored them!

Purchased this foundation in shade 200, at first i thought it was too light on my skin but it takes a few minutes to fully dry and it went slightly darker, which was perfect for me.. (keep this in mind when buying!) My skin is slightly oily and prone to few breakouts.

It glides on nicely, using a real techniques expert face brush and the coverage is medium/full. I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear so I had high expectations when buying this foundation; I can honestly say I don't think I'll go back to Double Wear, as by the end of the day the foundation felt slightly heavy but with Pro Filt'r it didn't feel as though I had anything on my skin! It stayed put all day and covered all my blemishes and dark circles. I primed with Charlotte Tilbury wonder glow primer & set the foundation with Laura Mercier translucent powder and it stayed flawless all day.

The foundation also has a subtle smell to it which I love (although I know others hate it)!

100% going to go and stock up on this in case it sells out anytime soon. Thank you RiRi!!

Finally after struggling for a week i found the right way for applying this foundation.

i have an oily combi skin with a little acne-prone, so very important is that this foundation is not giving any bad reaction.

During the entire week i've tried out what would be best to put as a base, an i figured it has to be a slightly greasy hidrating spf cream in order to avoid the dry finish, with my La Roche Posay Anthelios KA spf 50+ moisturizing care it works good!!!

Like that my pored are less visible (as with other bases it was the case)..

And most important i found out the way how to apply is best with my fingers, and only 1 pump!!! Like that the 'natural' finish looks best, as before i used 2 pumps and it looked caky..

And than... first they matched me #200 but using it for 2 days i didn't like the colour, too yellow... and they changed it at Sephora for colour 170, the lighter version of cool tones... now it's a match, at first it kind of is too light, but after 10 minutes it's perfect!!

so conclusion is: use only 1 pump with fingers with a good moisturizer as base!! now i have a winner!!!!!

on 9/18/2017 8:29:00 PM

I am so upset that I was disappointed with this foundation . I have a couple friends that work at Sephora and they were ranting and raving about it . I finally went in and tried on a few different colors . I bought one even though deep down I thought it was a little too dark for me . I just kept hearing over and over again from people that it fits every single skin tone . Well it's false because it did not match my skin tone the way I wanted it to, not only that but it went on extremely cakey . I even went home and put on my regular moisturizer and primer to see if it would look any better but it didn't. If your pale and have a tough time with finding a foundation it's worth giving it a shot but in my experience it just didn't work out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I may change my mind on this foundation, though right now I'm not a fan. The colour range in phenomenal - no one else makes warm hades this yellow! They're so hard to find. My issue, however, stems with the formulation. I have a tester of the Fenty primer, so I thought that would help. Though this foundation dries so quickly, it's so tacky, it settles into every pore. Maybe others can post a review of how they get this hobby paint to work. Maybe mixing it with Strobe Cream would work?