Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 10/22/2017 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Shade 230- I really like this foundation, I found that I was way less oily (& barely had to touch it up throughout the day) than usual. Coverage lasted about 8 hours. Make sure to prep skin beacuse it can cling to dry spots. I think it applies better with beauty blender than with the brush, it does dry really fast so its best to work in sections and not apply all over your face. The foundation feels really light on my skin. I see other reviews say it oxidizes but I didn't experience that.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went crazy to buy this after seing the hype.... i must say after trying this product i do not see what is so good about it? It oxidises like crazy! The most out of all foundations i have tried. Bare minerals new bare pro foundation blows this off the shelf anyday for me. However when first applied it looks really nice (for 20 mins max)

on 10/17/2017 5:28:00 PM

The foundation sinked into my skin making it look like I had nothing covering my face; Not something I’d encourage people to buy

on 10/8/2017 12:34:00 AM

I can see why this is such a controversial foundation! I have oily, acne prone skin and quite a bit of hyperpigmentation. It took a lot of experimentation for me to realize that there was no primer, setting spray, or powder I could use with this foundation to achieve a long lasting finish with the smooth texture promised in the product description. I am normally BIG on silicone-based primers and the UD All Nighter setting spray to make my foundation last. Fenty is literally the only foundation I need to apply in a thin layer over moisturizer, spot conceal, then layer again where needed. It is not at all in keeping with my usual routine (most recently the UD All Nighter foundation or Bare Minerals BarePRO foundation) but this gives me the most beautiful, flawless, oil-free, lasting coverage with this application method. In fairness I think it's closer to 4.5 lippies, but I'm rating it a 4 because of the oxidation and very tricky consistency that requires a lot of homework...

on 10/7/2017 9:06:00 PM

It took me a while to catch on to this foundation. Like many people here, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect shade and color. But by then, most of the shades were sold out. Even some of the testers were gone. I was able to test out some samples, and it was close; a bit too dark. So I go online and I happen to find next lightest shade that's neutral toned, and when I get it, it's too light. BUT! The oxidation helped warm up the tone so that it's quite close to my skin tone, and I was satisfied.

That's about all that was good about the foundation. This brand was very inclusive in its range. Now for the not so good parts...

This is a very fast setting, oil free foundation. I have to work in patches to get the coverage I needed, because after about a minute, it was dry. Application is best with a dense brush. It's a velvet matte finish, so any dry patches I had were magnified. I do skincare before makeup, and I find myself having to reach for my most moisturizing cream to act as a base, which helps a little. I found that it has a medium to full coverage, but I'll lean towards medium, because full coverage just accentuates what imperfections I have.

All these characteristics for this formula (oxidizing, drying, coverage, viscosity) almost matched with the Milani Conceal+perfect 2 in 1 foundation+concealer, even though they have different ingredients. Why would I spend $34 for a foundation that does the same thing as a $11 foundation? I'll admit, Fenty has more than outdone itself on the 40 shade range, but other than that, it's not special. I'll finish the bottle and part ways.

on 10/7/2017 4:18:00 PM

I used this twice with a Sephora sample, I used 250 - Asian, medium shade with olive/yellow tone and it is a good shade match. Upon applying, the foundation is liquidy, and seems to cover very well with very little product. It looks pretty good upon application, but looks kind of cakey when I look really closely and it emphasizes dry areas. It didn't oxidize heavily on me. After 3 hours, I see the foundation separating at my whole nose area, this happened both times and it's very unfortunate since I really liked the shade match! After a few hours, my face looks blotchy. Sadly I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

on 9/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must say, the shade range alone deserves serious praise and recognition. The fact that the darker shades are selling out like crazy is proof that anyone not beige toned is being ignored by manufacturers. Good on Rihanna for finally giving the people what they have been asking for for years.

Given the crazy mixed reviews on this, I knew I had to try it for myself and draw my own conclusions. I took advantage of Sephora's deluxe sample offer and grabbed shade 220 before it ran out. I am normally not a fan of matte complexion products as they do not compliment my dry, fine lined skin. This foundation is high in silicone, as evidenced in the finish. It's definitely soft-matte, which I like and as the day went on, I noticed the finish became dewy, which I REALLY liked. There isn't any discernible fragrance and I love the packaging - frosted glass with a pump. Yay for pumps!

I applied with my RT sponge with really nice results. The coverage is definitely medium. I plan on using my RT Expert Face Brush with the next application just for comparison's sake. It dries pretty quickly and yes, it does dry down a bit darker; on my face it did slightly oxidize and break up on my nose at about the 8 hour mark. I plan to try 210 just to see if its a better match once dried down. I didn't expect transfer proof wear out of this foundation as its not advertised as one - anyone who expected that set themselves up for disappointment.

Lastly, this foundation did not cause any breakouts!!! While it doesn't replace my HG L'Oreal True Match, it's a keeper and I do plan on purchasing the full size.

on 9/22/2017 5:00:00 AM

Just not my foundation style. Too powdery-looking. And a tad too dry.