Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

4.5

on 10/9/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

*Love*!!!!

A few points:

1. Moisturise *really* well underneath the foundation and use a hydrating primer. Even if you're combo/oily. Especially if you're normal/dry!! And especially, during the colder months.
If you are really oily - you might get away with your normal routine. I'd stay away completely from mattifying primers.

2. This dries down very, very fast. So no dotting all over the face and then leisurely blending. I think the reason people are experiencing patchiness, is because they are not working in sections or not blending quickly enough. I dot some on my face, start blending out with my fingers and then use a damp beautyblender to blend out the rest.

3. Don't place the foundation under your eyes if you have lines. This dried out the skin under my eyes and emphasised the few lines that I have (that I normally barely see!!). So, by the time I added concealer, it just creased up really badly. The next day I left out my undereye area and just added concealer when I had finished blending the foundation everywhere else. Made a world of a difference!

4. Actually, don't use at all if you have lines all over your face.... This works best if your face is (relatively) smooth.

5. I've read that a lot of people have had issues with the undertones. I can only speak for the shade that I bought - it's 450 and fits me perfectly. But it appears that if you have neutral or red undertones (or if you are generally of a lighter complexion) you might have a bit of a challenge finding your right shade as some shades appear to run too red or too dull.

Overall, the finish is beautiful!! As I mentioned before, the foundation dries down really quickly, and therefore doesn't really transfer (or only transfers very little). If you blend properly and you have the right shade, this will look like your skin! Really nice, beautiful skin. The 'filter' claim is definitely true.
After 12 hours of wear, I have some oil coming through (I don't like to blot and I don't like to set with powder), however it's more dewiness than oiliness. It doesn't get greasy at all and stays in place the entire time - even when you sweat.
I also didn't experience any oxidisation which is a bonus.

Overall, I'd buy again. I really, really like this foundation and it's amongst my favourites (NARS Sheer Glow, Becca Ultimate Coverage, Smashbox 15 Hour, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kevin Aucoin Etherealist).

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't even know that Fenty Beauty was a thing until the day before its launch, and even then, I wasn't interested in the foundation until I started watching reviews. Many reviewers raved about the skin-like finish, ease in application, and self-setting attributes, so I wanted to try for myself. Off to Sephora I went to grab samples! (BTW get matched or match yourself in person if at all possible!)

My skintone is an exact match for NW43 in MAC Studio Fix Powder and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande. My match in Fenty is 390. I can also wear 400, though it is slightly red on my skintone. This applied like a dream! I had to work in sections because it sets fast. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it was alright. Seemed like the sponge absorbed a lot of the foundation. It also looks good dabbed on with fingers and blended with a flat-top brush, or just smeared on with fingers. MY KINDA FOUNDATION!

It left a beautiful skin-like finish, like I had naturally flawless skin instead of the scattered hyperpigmentation I actually have. I also needed no powder to set this. The foundation set all by itself! I was able to apply my blush and highlighter over it with no problems whatsoever. And the wear! It looked good throughout an entire 12-hour shift, meaning that I wore it for 14 hours or so. I think I blotted once halfway through and it looked good the whole time.

All this and I'm 95% sure I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Unfortunately, this foundation gave me those teeny little irritation whiteheads. It broke me out! I'm so sad about it! After about six to seven hours, I get a chance to look in a mirror to check my makeup and there they were. If it wasn't for that, this would be my everyday foundation.