Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

on 7/10/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While I appreciate Fenty Beauty's broad option of shades to choose from, this foundation did not work for me. I am very oily, acne-prone, and have crater pores. All my conditions are managed by skincare most of the time. But a proper foundation is still key.

I found this foundation to be cakey. Even worse, it sank into every imperfection on my face. The pores around my nose became emphasized. Even with a very matte setting powder, oil broke through within 3 hours.

I will not repurchase.

on 6/20/2018 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Let's talk about what it says it does first...
"A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades."

soft matte - checked
longwear - checked
buildable - checked
medium to full coverage - checked
shade ranges - checked

It seems to do as it promises. Now move on to the application and why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5.

I'm a kind of tinted moisturizer/BB cream woman on a daily basis. So this foundation comes when I know I have a long day ahead or on a special event days that more neat makeup is needed.

I found using this with a primer and a beauty blender works best for me. As the foundation dries quite quickly, I put a small amount on a small area, buff it into my skin, and continue to next small area until it covers my whole face. It gives me a soft matte finish. But I tend to be oily during the day so I put on a bit of loose powder sparingly.
Applying it with my hands also works but it did not give me an undetectable finish as much as with a beauty blender.

Shade 240 matches me quite perfectly. But i'd say it does a bit of oxidizing. So I tried a shade in a shop and gave it some time to dry and set in and look back again if the color still matches my skintone. But once it dries out it stays true to the color.
The coverage is quite enough. I don't need a concealer for my average face.

And I wore it to an event of my friend which held in some hot and humid weather and at the end of the day (about 10 hours) with a bit of blotting, it still stayed and looked good on my face.

Now the part of a one lippie out... it contains not many moisturizer ingredrients in the list (as it's supposed to give you a matte finish) My skin felt quite dry after long hours wearing it. It broke me out. And if I wear it everyday it might make my skin feeling worse. However, adding a few drops of face oil was a good idea to counteract this problem for me. But why i have to spend extra money to buy face oil to use it together with. As there are many other matte foundations that do their job pretty nicely in the market.

Would i buy it again? Maybe. But new products keep launching to the market everyday, don't they?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 240 (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- shade range
- medium coverage

CONS

- drying
- feels heavy
- accentuates pores
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: Mmm...no. Just no. Felt heavy and looked terrible. My face looked dry and textured. It accentuated pores and came off before 8 hours. It also didn’t grab onto certain areas of my face very well. Great shade range, but it ends there.

on 3/30/2018 4:56:00 PM

Bought this because I love Rihanna and because I´m always on the lookout for the perfect foundation. I have tried this with and without the primer and neither works for me. Looks very cakey from first application, I can not get this to blend well with the Fenty sponge or any brush or other sponge applicators. I have dry-combination skin so usually foundation looks a bit dry and cakey on me at first, then after the first hour of wear my natural oils come through and makes it look more dewy and natural. With this it only gets worse throughout the day, and I can´t salvage the look with any setting spray. I also tried using as little product as possible but that made everything look uneven and gives a strange mix of textures in the face. I don´t think this is good for drier skin types. Have seen it on normal and oily skintypes with a much better result.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

My oily skin is pretty fickle when it comes to foundations. The shade match wowed me - I got this in 180, which fits my warm olive skintone to a T. I was so elated by the initial discovery that I made concessions for the products' shortcomings. It would immediately apply cakey to my oily skin, no matter how thin a layer, and could not be remedied with a small dose of serum, which many people recommended. After a while, I would notice that at the end of the day, my natural oils break through the foundation barrier and I'm left looking splotchy. I guess despite my oily skin, I should stick to dewy formulas and just blot and powder. Would not repurchase, but I commend the shade range!

on 2/7/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation gives me a flawless finish . Very easily buildable to give desired coverage. With one coat alone it is a medium- full coverage. The shade range is absolutely phenomenal, i would be very surprised if you cant find a shade to match your skintone. Highly recommend

The shade range of Fenty’s foundation is fabulous! There are plenty of colours to suit all shades and undertones. Despite a lot of people claiming their foundation oxidised a shade darker, I didn’t find that it oxidised at all, it stayed true to colour. Some reviewers find that it becomes a shade or two darker after drying so I recommend trying it out first to see how it sits on your skin. This foundation is very matte, but it doesn’t dry out my skin. It doesn’t cause any redness or irritation either. I find that it looks quite natural despite the matte finish - not at all cakey or mask like. I use about 1-1.5 pumps to cover my face. I don’t consider this a full coverage foundation though - more medium coverage. It will conceale any redness, uneven skin tone, dark circles or blemishes but some freckles do still show through. I personally prefer medium coverage foundation so am happy with the finish. It wears well throughout the day, it doesn’t fade, become patchy throughout the day or transfer. It even lasts through the heat and humidity (and sweating!). It is quite reasonably priced and comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle with a pump. I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone!