Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

on 10/10/2017 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I tried this with the primer. At first I heard angels singing- three hours later Satan was sitting on my nose.
Honestly the foundation is nice* - but no better than many drugstore products. Since the primer did not work for me either, I tried it with my hourglass primer. Same luck.

This has a liquidy consistency- dries down fast and then has that paint on walls effect. I think this works best for oily skins or moderate oil- normal skin gals or dry skin best to skip and keep looking.
Foundation is primary to any look- sadly the hype from many of these Celebrities is a one size fits all.
Had to return- life is hard enough without having a stiff matte face

on 10/7/2017 4:18:00 PM

I used this twice with a Sephora sample, I used 250 - Asian, medium shade with olive/yellow tone and it is a good shade match. Upon applying, the foundation is liquidy, and seems to cover very well with very little product. It looks pretty good upon application, but looks kind of cakey when I look really closely and it emphasizes dry areas. It didn't oxidize heavily on me. After 3 hours, I see the foundation separating at my whole nose area, this happened both times and it's very unfortunate since I really liked the shade match! After a few hours, my face looks blotchy. Sadly I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation a few days after it came out, because I was quite curious whether it would live up to all the hype. There were so many people raving about it and I just wanted to find out for myself if this foundation was that good. Also, Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free and this foundation is vegan-friendly.

My shade is 140, which is slightly too light, but it oxidises and after contouring my face and using bronzer, it looks extremely natural on my face. I use a synthetic flat-top brush and use stippling motions to apply the foundation. This foundation dries very quickly and can look streaky, if not applied properly. I have dry skin and this foundation can make my face look extra dry, so I moisturise my skin quite heavily before I apply this product. At the beginning this foundation can look a little patchy, but for me it blends beautifully into the skin once my skin starts to get a little oily. It has medium coverage, which is apparently buildable, but I haven't tried layering it.

The foundation lasts pretty much the whole day and I don't have to touch it up at all during the day. It is available in 40 shades, so there is definitely something for everyone, which is amazing.
Overall, it is a great foundation and it matches my skin tone almost perfectly. The downside is that it is drying and can be difficult to blend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

on 10/3/2017 11:13:00 PM

NO... honestly what is with the hype? I asked for a sample of this and the fact that I was colour matched with a colour quite a few shades lighter because it oxidizes so much is slightly annoying. I have oily/combo skin where I have some dry patches but I also get super oily throughout they day, and even I found this drying. The coverage is great but the foundation dries so fast you need apply it section by section and blend immediately otherwise it's already dry.. I don't like that. If you have super oily skin I think you'll really love this because it did keep me matte all day, it just clung to dry patches and I don't like it for the other reasons I mentioned.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

on 9/23/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The range of colors is excellent. I wondered if this would work on my mature skin - it does! I use this with the Fenty primer. It did not oxidize settle into lines or pores and it's been in the 90's the past few days...very pleased. I wear 140 which is like 117 (Y225) in MUFE. Not sure how it will behave once the weather gets cold but for now, I 'm loving it!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.

on 9/21/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have two main issues when looking for a foundation, color match and mattefying capabilities, as I have extremely oily skin. This foundation covers both those problem areas for me and for that alone this foundation is a winner in my book. If you have yellow toned or olive skin give this foundation a try. Coverage isn't full, I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however with two layers I get good coverage that's enough for me. I know that when my (acne prone) skin was bad, this wouldn't have cut it for me, now that my skin is better it's enough, but it's something to keep in mind if you have moderate to severe acne. What's really won me over is how much less I have to blot when wearing this, its significantly less, and when I do my makeup looks fresh again. This isn't a full 5 stars from me because there are better (actual) full coverage foundations out there, but this foundation works for my skin and tone which is rare and it's worth trying it out.

I just had to return the Too Faced peachy foundation because the shade range was awful and the product itself was not very good (cakey, dry, patchy)...so I hesitated on this one because sometimes me and "matte" don't always get along. So I asked the nice SA at Sephora for a sample in 150 (I'm about NC18 or so and this looked like it would be a good neutral match, as I tend to run a bit more neutral) and she gave me about 3-4 days worth to try out. I am on day 3. I decided on day 2 it was worth buying but EVERYONE IS OOS. Sigh. Just my luck. So what do I love about this? Just about everything. It's matte, but a satiny matte---doesn't look dry, doesn't cake or get patchy, even after 12 hours of wear and me with allergy nose as well. It buffs out nicely to look poreless, plays well over my YSL Blur primer and the shade is 100% a perfect match. It looks flawless.
The only thing I didn't love it that it sets quickly so you have to blend fast--but it's not unforgiving if you have to layer a bit more or take a bit longer. I find I have to buff more around my nose to avoid it settling in, but that is normal with any foundation of the matte persuasion. I am dry-combo and my skin really likes this one. No issues on any part of my face. A+