Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 5/21/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the hell is this crappy foundation?? it cakes up so fast a slides off my face so fast, and lemme tell you it doesn't happen to me even w my cheaper drugstore foundations, this is nightmare, stay away from it

on 5/14/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not too impressed by this foundation. I was looking for a more economical choice to the normal foundation I use, and decided to try this one since it had pretty decent reviews on Sephora.

This is a pretty thick formulation. It didn't spread very well with a dry sponge, though it might work okay with a wet beauty blender. It dries pretty fast otherwise and even though I blended very thoroughly ( I thought), it was still a little streaky and not very blended into my hairline either. I also think these colors lean a little to the warm side and I'm typically neutral so that might be a no-no for very fair or cool toned girls.

Not a big fan overall. I've found drugstore foundations like Almay that are more effective.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample from Sephora. Awful. It looked as if I had not washed my face in four days, loaded on a ton of powder foundation, and then put liquid ON TOP of the powder. I'm not joking. It's so thin, yet so cakey. It reminds me of how the wet n wild photofocus foundation looked on my skin, but worse.

This release was a joke. It had to be. It reminds me of some kind of Mary Kay cream-to-powder junk from the early 2000s. In this day and age - when BEAUTIFUL matte foundations exist - why, why, why would you make a formula like this? I really feel like they didn't put much thought into this. It doesn't have that "airbrushed" matte look. It looks like a dog took a dump on your face.

Seems like the other Fenty products are fine, but this was bad. Hopefully she comes out with more foundations.

on 4/1/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I got this foundation in the shade 320 (which was the correct shade) about four months ago. I used it numerous times for parties and events and never got tired of it. I have pretty oily skin and no matter what foundation I used, I would still end up oily. This foundation does suit my skin type, but near the end of the day it went back to oily. It's not a big problem though, but for the price I would not buy again. Overall, a really great product and I believe it is worth trying out.

I wanted this to work so badly. I made sure to exfoliate beforehand and tried it with a couple different water based moisturizers and the Pro Filt’r primer. Applied it with a flat top brush, RT’s expert face brush, UD’s optics blurring brush, Tarte’s bamboo foundation brush, beauty blender, fingers.. (you get the point lol).., but I couldn’t get that flawless finish that everyone who loves this talks about :( Also, I did make sure to work section by section because this stuff sets quickly. For reference, I’m 28 and have combination skin. I don’t have much to cover up, just looking to smooth even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this foundation made me self conscious about the pores next to my nose for the first time in my life! :’( I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what (SIGH), but the foundation just sat around my pores like nothing I’ve ever seen before. As far as the rest of my face goes, you could very clearly see the foundation just sitting on top of my skin. Ended up giving up and returning it after a couple weeks as it just didn’t work for me.

on 3/17/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation (Sephora Collection) because I've heard good things about it during its release. We've got to admit — finding the "perfect shade" for your skin was a good selling point. When I used it for the first time, though, I couldn't say I liked the consistency? It was very fluid, very thin. Coverage was medium, so I had to reapply it on areas where I have PIH. About a few minutes later, I felt some slight itching on some parts of my face. I ignored it and it might be the biggest mistake I've ever made this year (in terms of skincare lol). When the day was done, the foundation was clinging on to dry patches of my face and lo and behold: breakouts! I was sad because a) I liked the bottle/packaging and b) the product wasn't cheap. I didn't know if Sephora would accept returns (then) if the product's already open so, now, it's just sitting on my makeup shelf thingy. 11/10 wouldn't buy again.

on 3/16/2018 5:20:00 PM

I love the thin consistency, I loved the range of shades. Controlled my oily tzone very well. Where it went wrong for me was my winter skin was far to dry for this foundation. So it looked very caked, dry, and all of my fine lines came through. I think if you have oily moisturized skin this could be your holy grail. I have dehydrated combination skin with lots of texture so it did not work for me.

on 2/24/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was sceptical because the reviews are so mixed but decided to pop into sephora and get myself a sample in shade 210. My skin is medium with neutral to slightly yellow undertones and this colour is beautiful on me.

My skin is combination oily and honestly I was soooo impressed with this product. The longer I wore it the better it looked? At first I thought it was slightly drying but as my natural oils started coming through I looked my glowy throughout the day. It held up amazing and I ordered this online the same day.

I wore this product over a thin layer of sqaulane and it looked fantastic. Also I didn't find a need to powder as it set itself. I def recommend this for oily girls