Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

on 11/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

I have this in shade 150 and if matches fairly well though maybe a hair too dark when it dries down. Slight oxidation but really no more than most foundations. Wear time is good with or without a primer; I found it looked good for up to 6 hours or so. Medium coverage with more of a satin than matte finish. Feels light on the skin. I've found good results applying with fingers or sponge. The packaging is functional and hygienic with a solid pump. Frosted glass bottle is pretty but I can see how this would make somone apprehensive to travel with it. It's a solid foundation. I would have liked to see some beneficial skincare ingredients but sometimes makeup is just makeup. Love the large range of shades. I would purchase it again.

on 11/16/2017 2:24:00 AM

I have very yellow, slightly olive undertones, purchased in 290 which is marketed as the olive/neutral shade.

Unfortunately this is not an olive or yellow toned shade. Oxidizes and dries down a lot more orange and darker than it looks out of the bottle. The orange/tan shade will come through after a few minutes and it is no longer olive or neutral yellow toned. I now mix it with a lighter shade (130, also tried 140 and both work) to counteract the mismatch & also because I'm paler in the winter.

Dries down very fast, you need to work quickly. This is for oily or regular skin, would not recommend for dry skin. The finish is matte, with a slightly powdery feel, it's a "dry" foundation if that makes sense. Coverage is light-medium. Staying power is average - same as most other foundations.

For coverage it will not cut it if you have redness or blemishes. I have mild redness on my cheeks and usually an active blemish or two as well as some dark spots from acne around my jawline. I'm used to going over the blemishes/scarring with concealer but I find this foundation doesn't cover even the slightest redness or even out my skintone on its own.

For dry skin avoid! I found on days my skin was drier this aged me dramatically and it actually feels dry as well.

I've used numerous other foundations both high and low end and taking into consideration both the price and the condition of my skin (being combo), this is ok.

Obviously it'll be better if you have normal or "good" skin to begin with. If you have combo skin or generally deal with problems like dry areas/blemishes/redness etc there's better products out there for comparable prices.

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better

Not a big fan of this foundation. I was excited because I have a difficult to match skin colour... I'm fair but with slightly yellow/neutral undertones.Foundations always seems to be too pink or too neutral for me. The colour was a perfect match but then it darkened two shades and started to show pink/orange undertones. NOT COOL!

It dried very quickly and isn't very buildable.If you try to build on it, it gets cakey and weird. It also emphasized my pores and lines.

It isn't a bad foundation. But for the price, I expected it to be comparable to other similarly priced brands. My last foundation was Too Faced and the colour matched perfectly and didn't darken but the coverage wasn't full enough for me. This is full coverage which is nice, but I didn't like the formula. I wish NARS wasn't so expensive because that's been the best foundation for me so far.

on 11/2/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm quite impressed with this stuff.

The shade range is of course amazing. As an extremely pale person (Mac NW10), I struggle to find a shade pale enough to compliment my skin. The shade 100 is perfect for me, one of the palest shade I've been able to find yet.

Although the formula is very wet and will run on your hand, it dries quickly, so the best plan is to work in small sections. I work on my face in four main areas (each cheek, forehead, and chin), and fully blend foundation onto one area before moving to the next.

With a light layer (I prefer my natural skin to show through a bit), my skin looked naturally flawless and had a decent glow. The formula is flexible in that you can have lighter, natural looks like mine or build up the product for higher coverage and more glamorous events.

Overall, my skin looked stunning with just a light layer. I haven't been this impressed by a new foundation in a long time. I haven't had any issues with longevity. Since it dries down to a powdery soft and thin finish, it was able to stay on longer and wear off more evenly.

Overall, I'm quite happy, I'll probably buy it again.

on 10/31/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and use this in 220 Warm Peach. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, one pump usually evens out my skin tone, two pumps bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft matte finish to it thats really beautiful

Wear: This is pretty matte, overtime I feel it dries out my skin. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches but overtime it oxidized like two shades darker, and I look orange. Two to 3 hours down the line, it started emphasizing my dry patches and any texture on my skin. Controls oil very well, perhaps that is why i feel it dried out my skin (And i have oily skin) But the wear I feel is exceptional. I wore this during a 10km Race and I was sweating like crazy throughout the race and it looked mildly faded after the race which is pretty amazing compared to other foundations Ive tried.. All in all, weartime is impressive. It looked good after 10-12 hours of wear.

Overall: I like this but not love it. It dried out my skin, oxidized and emphasized pores but has very skin light/natural yet full coverage and the wear time is amazing and controls oil. Very decent foundation but not my fave or hg status. I'd recommend this for very oily skin. If you want to try this, should consider getting at least 2 shades lighter.

on 10/10/2017 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I tried this with the primer. At first I heard angels singing- three hours later Satan was sitting on my nose.
Honestly the foundation is nice* - but no better than many drugstore products. Since the primer did not work for me either, I tried it with my hourglass primer. Same luck.

This has a liquidy consistency- dries down fast and then has that paint on walls effect. I think this works best for oily skins or moderate oil- normal skin gals or dry skin best to skip and keep looking.
Foundation is primary to any look- sadly the hype from many of these Celebrities is a one size fits all.
Had to return- life is hard enough without having a stiff matte face

on 10/7/2017 4:18:00 PM

I used this twice with a Sephora sample, I used 250 - Asian, medium shade with olive/yellow tone and it is a good shade match. Upon applying, the foundation is liquidy, and seems to cover very well with very little product. It looks pretty good upon application, but looks kind of cakey when I look really closely and it emphasizes dry areas. It didn't oxidize heavily on me. After 3 hours, I see the foundation separating at my whole nose area, this happened both times and it's very unfortunate since I really liked the shade match! After a few hours, my face looks blotchy. Sadly I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation a few days after it came out, because I was quite curious whether it would live up to all the hype. There were so many people raving about it and I just wanted to find out for myself if this foundation was that good. Also, Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free and this foundation is vegan-friendly.

My shade is 140, which is slightly too light, but it oxidises and after contouring my face and using bronzer, it looks extremely natural on my face. I use a synthetic flat-top brush and use stippling motions to apply the foundation. This foundation dries very quickly and can look streaky, if not applied properly. I have dry skin and this foundation can make my face look extra dry, so I moisturise my skin quite heavily before I apply this product. At the beginning this foundation can look a little patchy, but for me it blends beautifully into the skin once my skin starts to get a little oily. It has medium coverage, which is apparently buildable, but I haven't tried layering it.

The foundation lasts pretty much the whole day and I don't have to touch it up at all during the day. It is available in 40 shades, so there is definitely something for everyone, which is amazing.
Overall, it is a great foundation and it matches my skin tone almost perfectly. The downside is that it is drying and can be difficult to blend.