Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Final verdict : too matte I like dewy but lasts forever. Looks great. Coverage is super but feels heavy on the face. I moisturizer well before and used the Fenty primer sample that came with it. For dry skinned girls it would be too matte. If I were going somewhere for an hour or two I would wear this but all day I feel gross. Look good but feel it on my face. I would buy this as it does perform better than the urban decay and Laura mercier samples I got in the Sephora foundation sampler.

on 6/6/2018 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a decent foundation. Normally I have very dry skin and a matte foundation would never work for me. My skin has been improving and now leans more towards the combintion type, so i thought I would give this a shot.

Pros: excellent shade range. I chose shade 140 and it matches my skin perfectly. I find the coverage to be buildable and I am happy with it. I apply it with a round face brush and that seems to work well. It does dry quickly, but overall I find it soaks onto my skin fairly well.

Cons: can get Cakey around mouth area, requires a good skincare routine for dry skin types, is always sold out.

I really need to make sure my skin is properly hydrated before applying, and even still it can become cakey in certain spots. It does hold up well throughout the day, and even after a night out dancing it still looked decently okay. It’s definitly not the worst foundation I have used, but my shade is often sold out and I’m not really sure it’s worth all the hype. I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to get it again.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

on 5/12/2018 2:07:00 PM

It's a good foundation for oily (and/or sweaty) skin. It's not my go to since it requires quite a bit of work but if i'm going out or if it's a hot day and i have a lot to cover, i will reach for this. it's not super blendable. it's a good medium coverage that lasts nicely. i can get a pretty sweaty/wet forehead (ew i know) and this holds up super nicely.

Good..but I need to put two layers for areas needing more coverage....you put on one layer first ,,then let it dry for two minutes before adding second layer......and it stays on all day

Me and my mum both got shade matched to Fenty foundation during our latest sneaky shenanigans at Sephora. I was matched to 120 and she was matched to 220. Both our shade matches are impeccable and blend into our skins flawlessly. However, that is sadly where the positive points end. The "boundary breaking" shade selection is the biggest selling point with this line but unfortunately it doesn't have much else to offer. The finish is a dry powdery matte which manages to highlight any texture or slight imperfections you may have and it doesn't wear particularly good either. By the end of the day my t-zone was shiny and coverage had noticeably faded. It is fairly easy to blend with a brush or Beauty Blender but the problem is it adheres to some areas of the face whilst going patchy/uneven on other spots. I was tempted to just keep this hoping for better results when summer comes around but I'm impatient so I returned it. Kat Von D Lock It, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear Weightless, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Diorskin Forever, Nars Sheer Glow, YSL All Hours etc are all better choices.

Pretty much every other foundation that I've tried or owned is superior to this crap by Rihanna which should be sold at Walmart for $13. This is drugstore quality makeup being sold at Sephora and touted as "highend". But to be honest there are drugstore foundations that are actually better than this. Sorry but someone had to say it.

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

on 2/11/2018 11:45:00 AM

This has become my favourite foundation at the moment

I am in the shade 300, which is a medium shade with yellow undertones I would say.
I do think the website and swatches make the shades look a bit darker. So I was expecting more a tan shade, and although this matches me fine. I do think that some of the online descriptions are off. For reference I am 310 sun beige in maybelline and mac nc35. I think I will purchase 310 in fenty next time as I love this foundation a lot and I tan a lot so I would love a shade that will compliment me when am tan

I really do advise to shake the foundation as advised on the bottle before using. As the formula is very runny and you do want the pigment to separate.

I have a technique with this foundation. As everyone has already said, this dries hella quick. It's best to work in sections. I do one half of my face and blend, and then do the other side. I use one and a half pumps for each side. The reason being is that I like a medium-full coverage. This foundation is so easy to layer and build to get the coverage you desire as it's so buildable and non cakey. If you want a more lighter coverage then one pump on both sides would be ok.
I always use a brush and I stipple the foundation in and it literally blurs and fills my pores and covers any imperfections and pigmentation I have. I do prefer using a brush then a sponge with this foundation. As I think it gives a better finish.

So when I first ever tried this foundation. I was shook. I have large pores some texture and some redness. I have a oily T zone, but the rest of my face is dry. It's finish is really beautiful in my opinion. It's a very natrual matte finish. I get wary of matte foundations as they can make me look dull and flaky. But this literally makes my skin look smoother and re touched. It literally sinks into my skin and feels lightweight and lasts a really long time.
My favourite thing about this foundation is that it photographs beautifully.

My skin type is combo/dry. But I would reccomend this for all skin types.
I really love this, and I'm always so picky with foundation that I can't find a major flaw with it. I am going to purchase the primer as I purchased the foundation separetly. I hope I love that too.

To sum up beautiful natrual finish that looks good in any lighting and any picture. Easy to layer and build. Make up sits on top of nice of it. Powder no powder, primer no primer. This always hold up for me personally.

I was surprised I liked this so much myself. As any foundation that says matte in the title. I get nervous. This is the best matte foundation I have.