Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.8

on 1/31/2019 7:47:00 AM

Best foundation I ever bought. Stays on well beyond 12h. I do get shiny but that´s ok because the foundation does not smudge and stays undisturbed when blotting. I still have not found that miracle product that will keep the shine away throughout the day and so I made my peace with my skin. It also does not clog pores and I really don´t feel aware of it when I´m wearing makeup. I do feel that this is all I wished ELDW to be, as my friends kept raving about it, but I just couldn´t get along with it.
So, thank you Fenty people for a great product!

PS: would suggest to people interested in buying this foundation to be aware that shades do oxidize, a lot. So first do try out samples of shades lighter than actual skin. It´s bothersome but I think it´s worth it. Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation didn't work for me at all. Poor coverage and very cakey. Didn't last even 4 hours. The finish is horrible. Will not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Of the 10,000 various foundations I own, I can honestly say that this one has taken over the top spot for me. I'm NC44 in MAC and am wearing 350 in this one. I have never had a more suitable match, this foundation looks so nice and natural on me. It also has good staying power on me. I normally experience T-zone oiliness throughout the day and still get a little when wearing this, but nothing that's offputting. I am really impressed with this product and am glad that I purchased it.

Final verdict : too matte I like dewy but lasts forever. Looks great. Coverage is super but feels heavy on the face. I moisturizer well before and used the Fenty primer sample that came with it. For dry skinned girls it would be too matte. If I were going somewhere for an hour or two I would wear this but all day I feel gross. Look good but feel it on my face. I would buy this as it does perform better than the urban decay and Laura mercier samples I got in the Sephora foundation sampler.

on 6/6/2018 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a decent foundation. Normally I have very dry skin and a matte foundation would never work for me. My skin has been improving and now leans more towards the combintion type, so i thought I would give this a shot.

Pros: excellent shade range. I chose shade 140 and it matches my skin perfectly. I find the coverage to be buildable and I am happy with it. I apply it with a round face brush and that seems to work well. It does dry quickly, but overall I find it soaks onto my skin fairly well.

Cons: can get Cakey around mouth area, requires a good skincare routine for dry skin types, is always sold out.

I really need to make sure my skin is properly hydrated before applying, and even still it can become cakey in certain spots. It does hold up well throughout the day, and even after a night out dancing it still looked decently okay. It’s definitly not the worst foundation I have used, but my shade is often sold out and I’m not really sure it’s worth all the hype. I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to get it again.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

on 5/12/2018 2:07:00 PM

It's a good foundation for oily (and/or sweaty) skin. It's not my go to since it requires quite a bit of work but if i'm going out or if it's a hot day and i have a lot to cover, i will reach for this. it's not super blendable. it's a good medium coverage that lasts nicely. i can get a pretty sweaty/wet forehead (ew i know) and this holds up super nicely.

Good..but I need to put two layers for areas needing more coverage....you put on one layer first ,,then let it dry for two minutes before adding second layer......and it stays on all day