Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally try this foundation but have been left very disappointed.

First - the colour oxidises significantly. I bought a colour that is slightly too light and it oxidises way too dark and ends up looking quite orange.

Second, the foundation feels very greasy on my oily skin and has broken up and looks extremely cakey and gross after about four hours. I applied it with a brush so will try and see if using a beauty blender fixes this.

My skin is not even particular oily so I’m not sure why this is happening but I definitely can’t use this foundation ongoing because it has just made my skin look awful and I normally do not have issues with my skin.

Definitely disappointing given the hype around this product and price tag.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this foundation is a good foundation just not for people with ANY dryness. I got the wrong shade and that’s my bad but it fit me at first but one minute later I looked like an Oompa Loompa. This foundation settles into fine lines because I have dry skin BUT does blur my pores a little bit. Do NOT buy this if you have dry skin.

on 1/9/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is very good. I have used it for like 8 days. It does not fail. My skin feels after cleansing meaning that make up does not hurt skin. Pretty colors. Photogenic. Valuable pump. Nice design. Good odor. Smells like pineapple and papaya in a jar. Very valuable. Almost returned it in hopes that the Sephora helper gave me the wrong color being so I decided to keep it.

on 1/1/2018 9:49:00 PM

I have combi skin (oily at T zones and dry at the rest, especially at the inner corners of my eyes and the corners and underneath my nose). It’s also sensitive and easy to break out if the foundation is as cakey as the Kat Von D one. Also have pretty dark freckles. So usually when I look for a foundation I’d lean towards the higher coverage ones since I have the freckles AND the red spots from my dry skin to cover. Foundations with high coverage that don’t automatically break me out are usually considered a bonus, not a necessity (it’s that hard to find cos sensitive skin). This foundation is currently my HG. I have had it with me since the launch came out on Sept 17. I’ve used it in both humid and hot countries (SG) and in the cold (Japan). It works really well for both. I rarely wear makeup because I’m the kind who doesn’t wear any to work or school, only when I travel or when I go out. So when I do wear makeup, it’s usually on me for at least 8-12 hours. So to me, this is by far the BEST foundation yet (have yet to get my hands on the Huda Beauty one). To summarise: 1) Lasting power is AMAZING. Lasts super long in both hot weather (you’d probably have to blot a bit in the middle of the day if you have really oily skin as with most foundations, but nth rly major. It doesn’t even move like the KVD one. It just sort of.. fades off.) And in cold weather, it doesn’t cake up in my dry areas. With the power of the Laura Mercier LTP, the dry areas stay satin like in cold weather throughout the whole time I’m out (unless I’m having the flu and constantly need to blow my nose) 2) Colour and payoff is A+!!!! Upon getting this, you might want to try going to Sephora bare faced and trying the foundation right then and there and giving it 15 mins to settle and oxidise because it does turn a bit darker (not too much for the lighter shades like me but I heard the darker shades can take quite a turn) so for accuracy’s sake, do not I repeat DO NOT just swatch in on your arm and expect the colour to completely match your face. The coverage is high, everyone wasn’t kidding about that. A bit goes a long way if you have smooth skin with nothing much to cover. So far, I have cut down the amount of concealer I use because the coverage is so high it actually helps to cover my dark eyes as well. It is buildable as well, and does not cake up when you do. Dries down really fast to a sort of satin-like matte finish. I use a beauty blender because I feel like there is the risk of it being streaky if you don’t blend fast enough with a brush. I am in the shade 230. 3) I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like this makes my other powder makeup last wayyyyyy longer than they usually do. And it goes great with both thicker (shape tape) and more watery (UD Naked) concealers. So it’s really versatile in this sense for such a high coverage foundation because usually foundations with high coverage like this might not allow you to pile on the thicker concealers. You will only need powder to set the areas you put concealer on, the rest will not budge even without powder. 4) Price point, it’s really worth it. A bottle is probably going to last you for a really, really long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first high-end foundation! Loved it in the beginning because of the finish it gave: soft-matte that does not look cakey or fake — almost like your skin but better. The problem only arose when i looked at my skin under a bright studio light. I realized that parts of my cheek area had oxidised and it looked like i didn’t blend my foundation properly. Initially, i thought it was through my own faults that it oxidised in that manner. However, even after trying to moisturise and take my time to properly blend in the foundation, the same problem still occurred. That’s when i realised that this foundation clings onto my dry patches and oxidises.

It’s a real bummer that it happened! If you have dry patches, i would say to avoid this! It’ll definitely be your holy grail if you have oily skin — especially with its longevity and how it does not transfer. Additionally, it’s great for people with sensitive skin because it did not break me out, aggravate my skin or cause clogged pores.

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this online on the 110 shade and when I first opened the box I got nervous because it was pale-- too pale, but then I tried it on anyway and it oxidized to match my skin tone perfectly. I love how I don't get too oily on this one, unlike MAC Studio Fix where in only 3 hours I can fry things on my face; this wore on to a dewy finish that blotterazzi can fix easily. I use only one pump and blend with beautyblender; works well for me. Bit pale on the outset but I oxidize in minutes, perf match. Bit too pricey though; glad I went for the lighter shade; I was recommended 220 warm peach and the horror if i got that instead and went to oxidize like I did. 110 is a match; could probably go for 120 or 140, contemplating those shades on next repurchase.

on 11/23/2017 8:22:00 PM

UM DRY SKIN ANYONE? DON'T POWDER USE SOME HEAVY DUTY MOSTIURE AND PERFETION

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!