Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

although it has beautiful packaging, i was so let down by the product. i was expecting big things but on my combination skin, it clinged to dry patches i didn’t even know i had! had next to no coverage either.

also, it started creasing in my smile lines about ten minutes after application. prior to applying, i had exfoliated, moisturised and primed with porefessional!

so disappointed:(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was given a sample by a friend who was cautioned to go a shade or two lighter and cooler because of oxidation issues. With her warmer-neutral medium tone, I can't conceive of her wearing something as light as she was given. 107 Cool is not what I would've chose for myself either (being fair olive with golden undertones) but it melded with my skin and didn't have too much of a pink or porcelain mask effect as the day went on. It is a bit grabby and has to be well blended with a sponge (reg flat foundation brush doesn't cut it.) But, it wears very well. I've gotten accustomed to light coverage with my skin mostly behaving (thanks to the Ordinary!), but for medium coverage, it's pretty good! I'm a fan of old-school original formula Double Wear, and its long as I continued drugstore counterpart- Almay Amazing Lasting Makeup- so nothing ever seems to touch those in endurance, but this is a decent foundation and worth a try- especially for the gorgeous shade range!

on 8/16/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was able to get a sample of this from Sephora - shade 180. Darker shade than I thought I'd have to wear, but it actually was spot on for my skin. I'm light very warm yellow, so I give lippies for a good shade match.

However, right after application (damp sponge over my Primerizer) - I didn't like how this looked on my skin. I had dry patches popping up (in some of my regular spots) that do not do this with much cheaper, matte foundations (catrice). So this was starting off on a bad wrong foot. Then, it got worse after I put setting powder on top (a dusting). I set with Catrice spray - and I just didn't like the look of this on my face. It seemed to emphasize my pores, and it looked very powdery/cakey. If I don't like something right off the bat, then I won't wear it again. I wore CG Elixir foundation (cheap) yesterday mixed with my HG Catrice HD foundation and that looked 10 x better than this on my skin. I can tell when something blurs my pores vs. not. This stuff doesn't. For the price tag, I will not purchase. Very happy I can try samples of these sorts of higher $$$ foundations.

I also noticed that by 1.5 hours later after application, my oils were coming through on my nose already. So for a matte foundation (even with my normal primer) this somehow made my oils kick in too fast.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation didn't work for me at all. Poor coverage and very cakey. Didn't last even 4 hours. The finish is horrible. Will not recommend this product.

on 6/30/2018 12:04:00 AM

I tried this foundation when it came out and I loved it. Im not much of a foundation person, but when I bought this I used it only for special occasions. A year went by and I was lighter than the shade so I went into Sephora and they let me switch my shade without a problem because I still had about 70% of product. My only problem was that it had oxidized and made me look more tan/ orange. So I went in and exchanged my shade once again to something more neutral. This time while wearing Fenty I had noticed that it was transferring very easily. I would itch my cheek and would find the foundation under my nail and the foundation scraped right off my face. Throughout the day i found that it had creased on my laugh lines and looked really weird when I wasn't smiling or laughing because the foundation was creased around my mouth. Im not sure if I can do anything to help this from happening if so- I love this formula and Fenty products and would love to continue using it if there was a solution to the transferring.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

Used bobbi Brown full coverage buff brush to buff the fenty primer, this in shade 300 then hourglass veil powder, at 8pm. Went for dinner. Midnight I look in mirror I'm a different colour and so oily, coming off my nose and cheeks, I give it a little wipe and all came off. Will try again with beauty blender, Clinique translucent powder (best one I've tried) with cover fx setting spray and try again. I specifically asked the Fenty artist to not go too yellow as I hate looking yellow (why are girls obsessed with looking jaundice) and I'm so yellow. Will fake tan heavily and wear it out Saturday night.

on 5/12/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion, it's an okay foundation. It's pretty lightweight on the skin. My main issue with this lies on the fact that the product creases along my laugh lines. Also, it doesn't do a very good job with keeping the oil at bay on my forehead area. Also, the color is quite hard to predict cos it really does dry down/oxidize to a darker shade after a few hours. Will definitely not repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(